Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineActionExpress
Fgnugide
Male
First Tak Mtn PF cake
    #4408641 - 07/15/05 06:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hey whats up guys..
Been watching the ways of making cakes for about 2 weeks before i decided to give it a shot, This is one of the three cakes from the first batch pinning\starting, Seems to be doing well :smile:. Any comments are welcome, on my humidty guage it only reads to 90% until it says "hi %", so i'm over 90%. The strain is tak mountain and i'm a little dissapointed in the size of the mushrooms, i seen pics that were huge, and i hear 8" - 12" was a normal tak mushroom. Anyway Let me know how i'm doing and if tak mtn's are really that much bigger than other common strains.  :smirk:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: First Tak Mtn PF cake [Re: ActionExpress]
    #4408680 - 07/15/05 07:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the shroom you saw was probably grown on a casing, cakes dont produce as many fruits or as large. your cake looks good though. if youre not happy with the size or quanity then id suggest upgrading to casings.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

OfflineActionExpress
Fgnugide
Male
    #4409027 - 07/15/05 08:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

One thing i did that worked that i haven't read about is networking mushrooms, or orientating them in the direction you need.

I read about light and people have said light isn't needed or needed only to start the pinning process by "letting the mushies" know its time to pin. I had mushrooms growing down and all over in all directions on the cake (even laying flat and facing down)and I put a lamp (halogen) on my terranium and the mushrooms all started facing upwards and growing in a more organized fashion. Anyway, thought i might add the little bits of experience in a first grow

OfflineActionExpress
Fgnugide
Male
    #4413110 - 07/16/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Updates on that one cake, output isn't what was expected. I'm going to casings with my upcoming 16 cakes colonizing.

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
    #4413160 - 07/16/05 11:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Still doesn't look bad... I'm still working on my first ever grow. I hope mine look that good. Not really massive growth, but very good looking. Congrats!

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
    #4413164 - 07/16/05 11:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Still doesn't look bad... I'm still working on my first ever grow. I hope mine look that good. Not really massive growth, but very good looking. Congrats! :thumbup:

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

OfflineActionExpress
Fgnugide
Male
Re: First Tak Mtn PF cake *DELETED* [Re: ActionExpress]
    #4413195 - 07/17/05 12:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by ActionExpress

Reason for deletion: old

OfflineActionExpress
Fgnugide
Male
    #4415464 - 07/17/05 05:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

1st flush done... 38 grams wet.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation