Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGodspeed
Stranger
Loc: God's Basement
Alright, i need to get the humidity up in the martha and i've tried many things
    #4408517 - 07/15/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i'm doing cakes, not enough time for casings before i leave again.  the humidity is staying at 86, it will not rise.  like i had posted before i have the coolmist running 24/7. 

i'm only using the top shelf, that's all i need really because i'm only going to birth 8-10 cakes.  so last night i put three trash bags laying across the top shelf to retain moisture just up in the top of the martha.  i thought for sure this would boost the humidity - it rose from 84 to 86.

from the shelf to the top of the martha is maybe a foot, it's the 3foot width martha.  i have two cookiesheet trays layered with perlite on the shelves, and i have a few cakes sitting on this. 

how is the humidity not rising?  the setup really is no different than just having perlite lining the bottom of a tupperware bin with the lid on.  the trashbags keep in the moisture in the top area, i've got the coolmist running, and i've got perlite across the whole shelf...

seriously, wtf/?  i'd be happy to get it up just to 90.

i was thinking maybe because the air is on in the house it is keeping the humidity down, which i'm sure it is a little because it's humid as hell here right now in pennsylvania.  but the air isn't going to be coming off, no one else in the house would agree to this. 

but it shoudn't matter really, should it?  i mean the martha is an enclosed chamber, the outside temp is 75, it shouldn't effect the humidity really.  even if the air was off, that room still remains below 80, always, because no sun touches it.  basically a big closet never finished.

any suggestions? i know an ultrasonic was suggested, but i honestly cannot put out any more cash, nor do i want to for this quick grow i've got going.  when i'm back at my apartment, i'll purhcase whatever i need, but i don't have room or $$ right now to hook more things up.

shouldn't the perlite and the enclosed top in the martha pretty much put the humidity up past 90? 

ahh  :crazy2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alright, i need to get the humidity up in the martha and i've tried many things [Re: Godspeed]
    #4408566 - 07/15/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Close the Martha and get a smaller Rubbermaid, 6 bucks. You already have the perlite and such. Martha's overkill for 8 cakes and is doing nothing but causing you problems.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineGodspeed
Stranger
Loc: God's Basement
Re: Alright, i need to get the humidity up in the martha and i've tried many things [Re: HippieChick]
    #4408579 - 07/15/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well i was really considering that, i mean if i was doing casings the temp and humidity is right on, but cakes, yea..

i've got rubbermaid containers, i could set it up i guess.

should i still run the coolmist through the rubbermaid? use tyvek holes for c02 air to get out?

i'm still going to play around with the martha, its all setup and just easier, i jsut wish i could get the humidity up. it's just like a rubbermaid, the trash bags enclose the top perfectly. i just don't get it

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alright, i need to get the humidity up in the martha and i've tried many things [Re: Godspeed]
    #4408798 - 07/15/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Don't think the coolmist would hurt a thing. More fresh air the better.

I, myself, prefer greenhouses. Cheap and easy to set up. Especially my new "Ronco" version, set it and forget it,lol.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflinePowRGnome
No Stranger toCamus
    #4460304 - 07/27/05 03:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, dude, it is fucking humid in PA right now.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation