Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecloudcity
Stranger
 User Gallery
blue mold(?) and-- is it possible to salvage whats left
    #4408072 - 07/15/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ive posted another thread about the possible rotting on some of the stems- I picked the ones that seemed beyond repair- for whats left, can I harvest them, dry and so on?

its been a wierd batch, very slow- in fact Ive noticed some veils tearing and theyre nowhere near fully grown--

many thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: blue mold(?) and-- is it possible to salvage whats left [Re: cloudcity]
    #4408168 - 07/15/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I dont know what your talking about. You need some good pictures, or you need to go to the contamination forum and look at the contamination FAQ's. Bluing is often just bruising. Mycelium and mushrooms will bruise upon drying or handling and turn blue, perhaps a very dark blue that looks black. If things smell ok, and arent slimey, and they arent rubbing off (its mold SPORES that are colored, not mold, they should come off easily if its green or blue/green mold)..then they are probably fine.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
Re: blue mold(?) and-- is it possible to salvage whats left [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4408401 - 07/15/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yea on my cakes the spots where my fingers touched them is a dark almost black blue i had a spot of green mold but i beat it

Offlinecloudcity
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: blue mold(?) and-- is it possible to salvage whats left [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4408920 - 07/15/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

here are a few photos, I picked them off the cake, theres some larger, some smaller.

I was hoping, that if this turns out to be a problem, then Id harvest all these pinning, semi mature fruits the healthy ones, take 'em for a ride  -then that should be a-ok according to some theory...  ??:cthulhu:

and many thanks for the help!

Edited by cloudcity (07/15/05 06:08 PM)

Offlinecloudcity
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: blue mold(?) and-- is it possible to salvage whats left [Re: cloudcity]
    #4409028 - 07/15/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Im hoping it would be like a nice veal...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom