Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrugi
Stranger
Why do you think mushrooms are illegal?
    #4407495 - 07/15/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

topic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: Frugi]
    #4407516 - 07/15/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

because they are so common. if they werent on the streets like they are now days i doubt the gov would give a rats ass. Its a big step to ban something natural, unaltered, so maybe there is actually a solid reason behind it

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4407517 - 07/15/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

For one thing the inebreation is not directly related to the consumption of said drug. Take alcohol for example. You drink at a certain rate and you get drunk over time but when you stop drinking you come down or get sober. Not so with shrooms. You eat shrooms in about a five minute period of time and the are tripping for 4-6 hours.

Besides that, there is the fact that it wasn't a white christian drug, therefore it must be completely destructive. That's what made it illegal and now we have people jumping on the bandwagon because they can't get the truth from educators.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineRaiden333
Born Hippy

#4407523 - 07/15/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to let the late and great Bill Hicks speak for me.

Quote:

Yeah... I reccomend a healthy dose of Psilocybin mushrooms... Three weeks ago, two friends and I went to a ranch in Fredericksburg, Texas, and took what Terrance McKenna calls a 'heroic dose'. Five dried grams. Let me tell you, our third eyes were squeegeed quite cleanly... WOW. And I'm glad they're against the law, cuz you know what happened when I took 'em? I layed in a field of green grass for four hours going "My God, I love EVERYTHING." The heavens parted, God looked down and rained gifts of forgiveness down upon my being, healing me on every level. Psychically, physically, emotionally... And I realized our true nature is spirit, not body, that we are eternal beings, that God's love is unconditional, that there is nothing we can do to change that, that it is an illusion that we are separate from God, and that we are in fact, the reality is, one with God, and he loves us.

Now if THAT isn't a hazard to this country... You see my point. How are we gonna keep building nuclear weapons, you know what I mean? What's gonna happen to the arms industry when we realize we're all one? It's gonna **** up the economy! The economy that's FAKE anyway! Which would be a real bummer, ya know. So you can see why the government is cracking down on the idea of experiencing unconditional love. It's interesting that the two drugs that are legal, alcohol and cigarettes, are the two drugs that do absolutely... NOTHING for you whatsoever, and drugs that grow naturally on this planet, drugs that open your eyes to how you're being fucked every day of your life... those drugs are against the law! Wow, coincidence? I don't know... I'm sure their motives are pure.

--------------------
Some folks trust to reason, others trust to might
I don't trust to nothing, but I know it comes out right.

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: Raiden333]
    #4407548 - 07/15/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Raiden333, thats an excellent quote. i totally agree with that and the other statement about it not being a white christian drug. Its funny how the 'people of god' will outlaw the best things on the planet and only further expand the gap between themselves and god.

we have to remember a lot of people are still stuck in the box

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Offlineweathereporter88
Male

Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: TheHook]
    #4407555 - 07/15/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you can't tax mushrooms

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: TheHook]
    #4407576 - 07/15/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheHook said:
Raiden333, thats an excellent quote. i totally agree with that and the other statement about it not being a white christian drug. Its funny how the 'people of god' will outlaw the best things on the planet and only further expand the gap between themselves and god.

we have to remember a lot of people are still stuck in the box

Mark chapter 7 verses 18-20, read them. All christians should be OK with ingesting mushrooms based on Jesus' words (the same ones that allow them to eat non-kosher food)

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

OfflineSpencyspence28
Texan CubeFarmer
Loc: Tx.
Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: lardnar]
    #4407601 - 07/15/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They fucking make you halucinate

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: lardnar]
    #4407603 - 07/15/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yes, but many Christians simply follow everything their church and government says blindly, instead of thinking for themselves.

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

Offlinelilgreenmen
The darknesslets your mindfill in theblanks.

Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: Spencyspence28]
    #4407614 - 07/15/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Your in altered state of mind and sometimes at least for my own experience I can't make one legit thought without having another dog pile on top of that one. Which for a government would see as not a state a sane human person should be in Imo

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: Chiefess]
    #4407645 - 07/15/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

you can't tax mushrooms

bullshit, the government can tax anything it wants to. You pay taxes on other plants right? You go to buy a tree and its going to be taxed, you buy grass seed and it will be taxed, why wouldnt they tax mushrooms?

Mushrooms are scheduled because, in the governments eyes, they contribute nothing medicinally to our society. Also IMO, a hallucinogen is not something EVERYone should be able to consume. I take a look around our world and realize that 75% of the people who use/abuse drugs should have never started in the first place. However things like the restoration of religious freedoms act, the ADV case going up in the supreme court, and other associated religious rights dealing with illict substance consumption as a ritual, will be changing the way things work. It might not happen in a year, it might not even happen in 10, but it will happen.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineFrugi
Stranger
Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: coda]
    #4407686 - 07/15/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I agree with a lot of things you guys said, and that quote by Bill Hicks is great. He was the man. But mostly, I would have to agree with theHook. I think the reason mushrooms are illegal as opposed to something like alcohol is because it wasn't a white Christian drug. When the ancient Central and Southern American cultures were destroyed, the Europeans decided to outlaw drugs like this. It may have been for no good reason, or maybe they didn't want anyone thinking outside the box. But because it has been this way for so long now, no one questions their original motives. There are a lot of things that the government enforces that don't make sense, but most people don't question authority so things stay the way they are. I think that is at least one of the reasons.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4408917 - 07/15/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

you can't tax mushrooms

bullshit, the government can tax anything it wants to. You pay taxes on other plants right? You go to buy a tree and its going to be taxed, you buy grass seed and it will be taxed, why wouldnt they tax mushrooms?

average people will still grow them and sell them, avoiding taxes. just like they do now. same thing with weed.

the government sucks, that's why they're illegal.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4409120 - 07/15/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

^^ you could look at it that way, but, if the govt legalized weed id probably just end up buying it rather then growing it. Same thing with mushrooms, the majority of people who take them would probably rather buy them then grow them. I still say taxation is not a reason.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4409250 - 07/15/05 07:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it's a part of the reason.

i would much rather grow it than buy it. i think a lot of people would, and a lot of people that grew it would probably sell it to their friends too, tax free. it would all depend on the price of it in stores i guess though. if its dirt cheap in stores than people who grow it wouldnt sell it if it they couldnt make much money off of it. but more than likely i think it would be fairly expensive in stores, with high taxes on it if it were ever to be legalized.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
    #4410408 - 07/16/05 12:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just a quick reply:
1. Historical reasons related to Christian missionaries, who saw all kinds of psychoactives substances as agents countervening their conversion efforts. (in the 20th century, this spilled into US Alcohol Prohibition, but this time it was a drug far more entrenched into the masses' own culture and habits, so it was repeled).
2. Self-perpetuating momentum of modern ant-drug propaganda. The well-meaning brainwashed express genuine concern to lawmakers over availability of psychoactives substances, imploring even stricter laws and/or enforcement; laws are made by lawmakers, including the funding and practising of more propaganda; cycle continues with next round of elected lawmakers.

Anyhow, these are illegal laws, just like proscription of free speech in China is an illegal law (and is of no lesser seveity as far as human rights are concerned).

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: stvip]
    #4410651 - 07/16/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Because in 1970 when the US put together the last scheduled drugs act the cops and politicians were pissed at rebellious youngsters. They noticed LSD was something these kids enjoyed and decided to take it away from them. Mushrooms and cacti just got caught up in the slipstream of LSD.

Any reasonable look at the drugs laws would legalise mushrooms and cacti but the politicians feel that looking at the law again would mark them as "soft on drugs" which in the current political climate is bad.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4410685 - 07/16/05 01:48 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

abuse potential

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: liveby]
    #4410712 - 07/16/05 01:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

correct me if i'm wrong, but our govt' is so logical, that it is illegal to ride in a car w/o a seatbelt, but hey...motorcycles are cool...real logical bunch of people.

p.s. i have no problems w/ motorcyles.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineRaiden333
Born Hippy

Re: Why do you think mushrooms are illegal? [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4411504 - 07/16/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think the logic of that is that while a motercycle has practical uses (more miles per gallon, takes up less space, just plain fun to ride, etc), there is no intelligent reason not to wear a seatbelt. Simply none.

--------------------
Some folks trust to reason, others trust to might
I don't trust to nothing, but I know it comes out right.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck