Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechucksteak
Stranger

Loc: saskatchewan, canada
where/when should we trip?
    #4407342 - 07/15/05 11:47 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i've been waiting four months for this trip and it has finally come. i am very excited and want to make the most of it. also, this will be my girlfriends first trip.

i'm not too sure where and when i want to trip though. it can either be at our place (town house in the city) or we could go camping. if we went camping we would have to wait until saturday night to trip. it being her first trip i'm thinking it might be best to do it at home so she is in familiar surroundings, and i'd kind of like to watch waking life. also, if we went camping we couldn't listen to music together, it would have to be on our seperate mp3 players, which i don't really like the idea of. and come to think of it, there is a river not too far from our place which we could walk to for the sunset, but then we'd have to also wait until tomorrow (won't get into the city until later tonight). hehe, so i think i've just convinced myself at home would be best. but i'm still not sure if we should trip tonight or tomorrow night (or tomorrow afternoon? have never tripped during the day). what do you think would be best for a first time tripper? part of me really wants to trip tonight since i've been waiting so long and finally have the chance. but another part says i should wait until tomorrow night to prepare a bit more.

any suggestions to help make this a great time are greatly appreciated.

:smile:

--------------------
DON'T PANIC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleroby000
me
 User Gallery

Loc: nazi poland
Re: where/when should we trip? [Re: chucksteak]
    #4407356 - 07/15/05 11:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

take em right before sunset like a half hour before the sun starts making the sky pretty. then take a walk to that river, bring your seperate mp3playrs for the walk, then walk back home and do whatever
if you let her bring her own music she can controll some aspect of her trip and this might make her happy... do you have a porch?

--------------------

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: where/when should we trip? [Re: roby000]
    #4407373 - 07/15/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

For her first trip, I think tripping at home in familiar territory is a good idea. For any subsequent trips, camping is a great idea!

Separate MP3 players might make her feel isolated, since it would effectively cut off communication, or at least make it more difficult. Communication, especially on someone's first experience, is very important! At home you can both have music in the background, and can easily change it if she starts getting tense or anxious. You have much more power as the guide to help her out of a bad situation.

If you choose to walk in nature on her first trip, you should go without music. Just listen to the sounds of nature, and be able to talk together. It's music enough.

I recommend you trip at home with her for her first trip. Once she has a little more experience, camping is one heck of an adventure.

--------------------

Offlinechucksteak
Stranger

Re: where/when should we trip? [Re: roby000]
    #4407375 - 07/15/05 12:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, we have a little deck on each side of the house. there's always lots of kids running around, and generally people are always walking about. i don't know if this would be a good or bad thing if we chilled on the deck, hehe.

some good advise though, thanks. :smile:

--------------------
DON'T PANIC

OfflineJabbawaya

#4407378 - 07/15/05 12:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Of course, if there's too much city noise at home, or too many people going in and out and around, then definitely go camping. Distractions can really bring down a trip.

--------------------

Offlinechucksteak
Stranger

Re: where/when should we trip? [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4407383 - 07/15/05 12:10 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, my best trip ever was while camping (with her). just breathing "real" air is enough to make it worth it. what i'm kind of worried about though is how much i hate city sounds. i can't explain how much i hate the constant sound of cars. at night it's not too bad around our place though, so maybe we'll go for a late night trip, maybe dose at around 9 or 10.

also, do you think 2g is a good amount for her? on the one had, pot has never had much of an effect on her; she says it just makes her legs twitchy, and then she gets sleepy, though i don't know if she's just never had enough or if she kind of resists it in her mind. or maybe it simply doesn't really effect her mind much. but on the other hand i'm sure mushrooms will be a completely different story, and i'm worried if she tries to fight it like i think she does with weed she may have a bad trip. so a low dose is probably best to start with.

once again, very sound advice, thanks. :smile:

--------------------
DON'T PANIC

Offlinel33tmouse
Stranger
    #4407418 - 07/15/05 12:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

2g of cubenisis?? Yea thats plenty!  My gf just tripped for her first time the other day, we went camping, mostly because we didn't have any other "controlled" enviroment.  I've tripped quite a bit and was pretty sure i could be a good guide for her while out in the wild.... :smile:  2g did both of us wonders, and we smoked alot of herb too..... was an amazing time :smile:

I posted my trip report as well....  *edit*

Edited by l33tmouse (07/15/05 12:35 PM)

Offlinechucksteak
Stranger

Re: where/when should we trip? [Re: l33tmouse]
    #4407433 - 07/15/05 12:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

can you link your report please, i can't seem to find it.

--------------------
DON'T PANIC

Offlinel33tmouse
Stranger
    #4407443 - 07/15/05 12:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Living in the wild!

oops.. hehe there ya go :smile:

Offlinechucksteak
Stranger

Re: where/when should we trip? [Re: l33tmouse]
    #4408652 - 07/15/05 06:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

thanks, good read! :smile:

--------------------
DON'T PANIC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience