Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAscension
Stranger

Loc: Still trying to work it o...
A super PF cake
    #4406670 - 07/15/05 01:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I wasnt sure what to put for the subject of this post but now that ive got your attention listen to this...

Whenever a PF cake is made, theres the correct ratio of 1/2 vermiculite 1/4 BRF and 1/4 water.

Theres always talk about too much water, not enough being the main problem. But how can you have too much water? i mean we have LC which is 96% water.

So when making a PF cake, cant you just add some malt and dextrose to the water then you dont have to worry about the water ratios?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A super PF cake [Re: Ascension]
    #4406708 - 07/15/05 02:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well the problem is that cakes will colonize but the amount of time it takes for wet cakes to finish is the problem. The time often doubles or even triples on the wet cakes then dry.

Now with the lc the myc is pretty whispy not solid like a cake cause if it could get that colonized we'd be fruiting honey karo, shrooms right off the lc.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: A super PF cake [Re: Magash]
    #4406815 - 07/15/05 02:49 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yer wet cakes suck, takes ages to colonise the center of the cake so if u wanna crumble it up to use in a casing youll be left with a large amount of uncolinised sub which will increase ya chances of contams.

When i made my first lot of PF cakes i made a couple a bit wetter than the rest to try figure out what the optimal moisture level was and they wernt as good as the others, apart from the two i made a lil more dry, they almost stalled completely.

I use the ratio:
1 cup verm
1/2 cup BRF
120ml water
And that gives me a good mix.

I dont see any advantage of stickin dextrose or anything else in the mix, unless u adding soemthing to increase the nutes.
And what Magash said.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag