Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

High while asleep, post-surgery
    #4406066 - 07/14/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

About a month ago I had surgery, my appendix burst...it wasn't fun. Anyhow about a week after surgery when I got home, I began having dreams where I was heavily intoxicated.

This was amazing, I actually felt high, mind you the first time it happened was quite a scary experience. Usually dreams occur towards the end of sleep, but these were completely different. It would happen right as I fell asleep. The first time it happened I was aware that I was just lying there trying to sleep, but all of a sudden I was in someones basement, in what seemed to be a party.

It was dark, most of the lights were off and people were huddled into different groups. Most people were watching tv, and a few people were talking. I didn't recognize anyone there, but I knew I was really drugged up on something. All of a sudden I began to question if this was a dream (which up untill this point I thought it was). I began to think that this drug had fucked with my memory, and it seemed as if I was dreaming cause the last thing I remember was being in bed.

I started to panic, and asked the closest person to me where I was and what was going on. He simply replied with a "SHHHH". Every time I tried to talk to someone they would tell me to shut up. Some other random stuff happened but it doesn't really matter, either way, withing a few minutes of trying to figure out what was going on I woke up, releived to be in bed.

This same thing happened a few other times within the next week, each time the scenerio would be different, and sometimes I'd be a lot higher than other times. The last time it happened, I was aware that I was going into this dreaming state, so I fought it (kinda like fighting sleep I guess). When I snapped out of it I actually felt high for about 5 seconds. I know this seems like total bullshit but I swear it's true. It was just a body buzz, nothing insane, but it was still really weird.

I began to question if the medication I was on was doing this. I was given morphine in the hospital (awsome stuff), as well as tylonal 2 and some pill to stop the infection. They had no druggy effect on me at any time, and I felt completely normal at all times during my recovery except when I went into this sleep state, so I don't know if it was the pills or not. Since then I've never experienced anything like it, and it only happened within a few weeks after surgery. It never happened in the hospital when I was on morphine or other painkillers.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or did I experience something rare?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: High while asleep, post-surgery [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4406114 - 07/14/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Damn Bro!!  You've been a busy MoFo haven't you??
:lol:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: High while asleep, post-surgery [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4406191 - 07/14/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nah lol...everything I'm posted happened within the last 11 months. It's not like all these trips and stuff I've been reporting have happened within the past few weeks or anything lol.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: High while asleep, post-surgery [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4406277 - 07/14/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I know man, I was just fuckin' with ya!!

You've written some great reports and you've found a place to get some answers and I think that's very cool.  There are some very wise people here and it feels good to get trusted answers to the "burning" questions...I know!

I wish that I could help you with this one, but I can't, so I just thought that I'd be a smartass instead.  Oh, there are a few of those around here too!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Keep up the good reports!!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: High while asleep, post-surgery [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4406317 - 07/14/05 11:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks lol, its all good. Yeah hopefully I'll be able to keep writing reports, although I'm out of trips to report :smirk:. Hopefully I'll be able to shroom it up again soon. I'm probably gonna buy a decent amount so I can experiment with quantity and tripping alone..hopefully I'll be able to spit up some decent reports :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom