Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Do not Crumble.
    #4405578 - 07/14/05 10:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I am new.lol

Ok well I have asked this before and got two different answers, My question was. Should I crumble my myco-bag. Well I got,no and yes. People would say"it go faster" and "it will hurt the myc."
well I tried it(I can only speak for B+&Amazonian)
The myco-bags were crumbled. At the time the B+ was at 10% and the Amazonian was around 25-30%.

well a few days later the B+ took off!! it was around 50% and the Amazonian did not recover. I did it again to the B+, it recovered slowly, the Amazonian still the same after a week.
Well I think the Amazonian was ultimately TO, hurt. The Amazonian looked healthy and white, now it looks like a white paste and the only thing growing is very very soft white, like thin thin cotton, I THINK it's cob web mold. The B+ is now doing OK but, you can tell it was TO hurt it is still moving but it is having a hard time colonizing, BUT I crumbled it up one more time, Little softer this time, trying to get some on the bottom of the bag.

The Amazonian has now been removed and put in to it's own tub, along with a jar that looks like it has a small green spot Although it looks like verm to me, I think it is. I don't want to take a chance with the rest. So it short.
I found the B+ to benefit from crumbling once maybe twice, no more! Amazonian (super fast colonizer) dose not, Although the Amazonian is fast and should not even been mest with in the first place I found that it helped me learn some thing worth more then money. JUST LET IT GROW, IT WILL GROW.

I don't know if this is helpful but I hope it is.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
Re: Do not Crumble. [Re: thremix]
    #4405622 - 07/14/05 10:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

do it at 20% and never again it does not help breaking the mycel down and to have it recover alot it burns energy up that way so once is suffice!!!!

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: Do not Crumble. [Re: sludge]
    #4405654 - 07/14/05 10:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think any one would have been able to pound this in my head. I HAD to learn my self. I hope some one can learn with out hurting their myc.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
    #4405693 - 07/14/05 10:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

we all have to learn the hard way!!!!

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4405703 - 07/14/05 10:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

With enough liquid culture, you just inject and crumble at about 90%. Then when it recovers, it's ready to lay. I don't like to crumble early on either since I also have had issues with that. No matter what you do, though, don't let the substrate rub all around the filter patch. That could get it moist, and that patch is meant to filter air, not water. It doesn't do too well filtering water either.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation