Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
misting question
    #4404803 - 07/14/05 07:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so i have one cake in the FC right now and 4 more on the way. I wanted to know about the misting cycle. Do i mist EVERY time i fan, or should i just mist like twice a day? Also, i double end cased and rolled my cake after a dunk. I moistened the verm last night and some this morning. How many times does this need to be done? I know you're supposed to keep it moist, but not soaked, should i assume as long as its moist it doesnt need any more water?

Also, if i have a cake that has pins and a bunch of others that dont, should i stop misting altogether because of the one cake, or should i mist the side with the non pinning cakes and leave the one with pins alone?

thanks!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: misting question [Re: coda]
    #4405562 - 07/14/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

sorry for the self bump...

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
    #4405700 - 07/14/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

what kinda set up do you have in your fc, perlite?
BTW coda, check the fake lsd thread in gen Q's.

--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: misting question [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #4405915 - 07/14/05 11:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Its actually ok to mist a cake with pins lightly, and non directly. The problem is the pre-pinning stage, the mycelial knots are highly susceptible to being damaged by water droplets. If your humidity is ok in your terrarium (perlite, water on the walls... cakes don't seem dry) then you shouldn't have to mist. Ideally misting should be done only on the walls of your terrarium or lightly just to get the humidity back up faster after fanning in a perlite style terrarium, unless you are misting casings to build them back to peak moisture cnotent. Go by what your cakes tell you, how do they look? If they are all shriveled and shit,then its probably time to mist. Otherwise try not to and only mist the container.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: misting question [Re: lemunhed]
    #4406398 - 07/15/05 02:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

so, if my chamber stays at a constant 98% and my cakes stay nice and moist, is there any need for misting?

gobblin- yah, just straight perlite.

--------------------

-JG

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #4408276 - 07/15/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If your cakes stay nice and moist then no misting required! Be forwarned once those pins start developing they will suckup unbievable amounts of water if they dont get the moisture from the misting they will deplete the moisture from the cakes, no biggie if you plan on dunking between flushes :wink: GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: misting question [Re: hyphae]
    #4408290 - 07/15/05 05:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hyphae, is it ok to directly mist a cake with pins or small fruits? or is that detrimental? i wanna say that i heard from someone that you can waterlog them that way? i donno if i actually heard that or if im just makin shit up in my head.  :nut:

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
Re: misting question [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4408440 - 07/15/05 05:52 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i mist my cakes do sent seem to hurt them, the mister i use puts out a fine mist and i make sure not to make puddles

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation