Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Is my spawn contammed or not? Rye kernels turning a light brown...
    #4404634 - 07/14/05 06:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys. I keep getting these kernels in my jars that turn a light brown. It almost looks like a brown mold but it doesn't really grow at all, it just kind of appears in contrast to the mycelium when jars are colonizing. It is especially at the ends of the rye kernels/ in the middle in tiny stripes. It doesn't seem to colonize any portion of the jar, the myc goes right over it... it usually appears about a week into incubation. It happens to polyfill and tyvek jars and its really pissing me off because I can't even tell if my shits contammed, if the contam matters or if the rye kernels are just turning a lighter brown. I would have posted pictures but I don't think they would shed any light because the kernels are such a similar color. What do you think? This ever happen with you?

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Is my spawn contammed or not? Rye kernels turning a light brown... [Re: lemunhed]
    #4405880 - 07/14/05 11:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Nobody has any thoughts about the fate of my spawn!!! Oh no what am I to do!

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is my spawn contammed or not? Rye kernels turning a light brown... [Re: lemunhed]
    #4406683 - 07/15/05 03:56 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

As moisture builds up on jar lids and the sides of the jar the moisture stays pressed against some rye and the rye will turn a little off color in those spots but it's nothing to sweat esp if like you said the myc just grows over those spots.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation