Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefakee
Stranger
First time LSD
    #4404331 - 07/14/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ive done mush alone many times and i prefer alone rather than with people. I would say that i am a very responsible tripper and i have great respect for the fungus at any dose. From what i have heard of acid..it sounds alot like mush just alot more intense and more things can go wrong..or good. Well i wanna try it some time soon and i was thinkin alone..jus because i could enjoy it more that way i think. Is this a bad idea i mean when im on mush i can recover from bad trips as they start to come on to me. One of my friends was telling me about his friend and how after he did acid he was a different person then before he did. Now im not afraid of change..im afraid of the effects being to intense for me and cause a bad trip that would change the way i look at life. This it what i want to avoid. Do you think there is a greater chance of this when done alone or is it just as possible with a few people? Im not expecting a bad trip infact i think it will be an amazing trip because i know how to keep my mind in my head..on mush anyway. Im not sure wether to treat acid like this because i have no clue how much control i will be able to have over the trip.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: First time LSD [Re: fakee]
    #4404402 - 07/14/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That's a tough one. If you are comfortable alone on mushies, acid is not that different. The major thing is the duration of an acid trip. On mushies, if things start getting weird or uncomfortable, you know you only have a couple of hours to deal with it. If something starts to go bad on acid, especially in the beginning, you could have anywhere from 8-12 hours of tripping to deal with. I think that's the major difference. It's always a good idea, IMO to have someone else there, but that's jut me. GL, happy tripping! :biggrin:

--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

OfflinePsilocyan
Humble Voyager
Male

Loc: Atlanta...USA
Re: First time LSD [Re: fakee]
    #4404434 - 07/14/05 05:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I too am about to try LSD for the first time, after a handful of very successful mushroom trips. I've gotten accustomed to being in the psychedelic state and can handle myself very responsibly.

Having said that, I'm going to arrange to have a sitter for my first LSD experience, for various reasons; it's a new substance for me I'm not ENTIRELY familiar with, the dynamics can be a little different, the duration will be different, etc.

I would recommend a sitter, or maybe having a sitter ready (another part of the house, a phone call away maybe?), but I would also recommend talking to some people about their first LSD experience.

My two cents: Listen to your body and listen to your mind and you will rarely go astray.

--------------------
I :heart: Psilocybe weilii...:mushroomgrow:

"I think of going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience like going to the grave without ever having sex."
-McKenna

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: First time LSD [Re: Psilocyan]
    #4406056 - 07/15/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe it's the set and setting in which I take mushrooms versus LSD, but I find them nothing alike. Mushrooms are slow, wavy and dreamy with rushes of rapidly changing intense emotions. The visuals are earthy and organic and mushrooms are spiritual and introverted. Mushrooms can give a great body high or a body load, depending.

For me, LSD was boundless and very depersonalizing. There was a lot of continuity in the trip and everything flowed. There was a tremendous sense of unity and connection to a universal consciousness. Visuals were bright primary colours and were more synthetic such as fractals, rays and spirals. There was not much of a body high, but it was an intensely cerebral experience. There was a deep loss of everyday reality and I found one hit of acid profoundly more intense than a 3 gram mushroom trip.

I would highly suggest you have a sitter for at least the first four hours until you hit the peak and see how things will go for you.

And then wait for the incredible post acid sleep deprivation stage where you start to parse what happened......aaaaaaaah.

Edited by Tranceport (07/15/05 12:40 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience