Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Who has refused consent to search, and it worked?
    #4403467 - 07/14/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm curious as to how many of you have refused consent to a search, when you could, and it either worked, or didnt. I've tried a few times but they always had "probable cause"..smell usually. Such an easy one...pains in the ass, well anyway..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4403844 - 07/14/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have, and it worked. Some Highway patrol guy pulled me over for not stopping adequately for a stop sign. He said I looked "nervous" (well, I AlWAYS am around cops  :grin: ) and I refused, mostly because I had a car full of groceries and wanted to get on home. He just said "alright, then", wrote me a ticket and we were on our way.....

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#4405128 - 07/14/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ive refused on a few occasions. One instance they said they would impound my car if I did not let them look in the trunk. I let them knowing I had nothing...

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #4405526 - 07/14/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have done the opposite and consented to a search while carrying, and it worked out in my favor. IMO, if they want to search you and really suspect something is awry, you're going to be there awhile and refusal won't do much good. Consent=less suspicious; you might be on your way quicker than you think. I've been searched twice, and both times it was a pretty weak search. They just looked around up front, and noticed how clean everything was, with no odd smells or anything. Neither time they searched beyond the front seats or glove box.

Just some tips if you're carrying/moving by vehicle: Keep the interior of your car extremely clean, dress well if you can, and don't drink alcohol or smoke herb in the car. Travel alone if possible, numbers are always more suspicious. #1 most important: Obey the laws of the road.

Study the busts, and you'll see that people get busted for the stupidest shit you can imagine. Speeding, one headlight out, etc.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4405616 - 07/14/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Diver said:

Just some tips if you're carrying/moving by vehicle: Keep the interior of your car extremely clean, dress well if you can, and don't drink alcohol or smoke herb in the car. Travel alone if possible, numbers are always more suspicious. #1 most important: Obey the laws of the road.

Study the busts, and you'll see that people get busted for the stupidest shit you can imagine. Speeding, one headlight out, etc.

Absolutely! Check those taillights too. For some reason, a LOT of people get pulled over for broken/burnt-out taillights. I suppose it's because it's less noticable to the driver...

Offlinechonyidbardo
Retinal CircusClown
Loc: Blissful Void
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4405973 - 07/14/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I refused a search of my backseat and trunk. I still got stuck with what was in the glovebox, but nothing like what else we had. They didn't search anything except the front seat, even though they threatened trafficking.

--------------------
The Void is not nothingness
The Void is beginning and end itself

Offlinechonyidbardo
Retinal CircusClown
Loc: Blissful Void
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: chonyidbardo]
    #4405977 - 07/14/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

don't sleep in a bar's parking lot, even if you have permission. The cops will come.

--------------------
The Void is not nothingness
The Void is beginning and end itself

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: chonyidbardo]
    #4406048 - 07/14/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I actually want to ask to be searched.  when I have nothing of course so I can say no,  FUCK YOU PIG Hhahahahahaha.....bastards. :weirdeyes:

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4406222 - 07/14/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Tip: (search for posts by postmaster in this very forum if you want the complete skinny on this...) If you're gonna travel across state lines with drugs, box them up and have them packaged as Registered Mail at the post office before you go. Registered Mail can't be opened without a warrant..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4408063 - 07/15/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa, that's great adivce, thanks dude!  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4408164 - 07/15/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

a little tip to all of you. never allow a search, even if they threaten to get sniff dogs to tear your interior open. youre protected by the fourth ammendment. they cant searh you or your car without probable cause. and i dont think smell alone is enough unless theres a bunch of smoke piling out of the window. if they continue a search without your consent then anything they find will be thrown out in court. if anyone knows how i can post vidoes that are saved on my hard drive ,i can share a really helpful video that i downloaded sometime ago that goes really indepth into all of this.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: Trip]
    #4408460 - 07/15/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

once i was doing 90 through kentucky on the i-24 past paducha on my way to miami for a music fest, 2 of my firneds were in the car with me at the time.

we had just hotboxed the car for some reason, and not 2 minutes later we were pulled over by a state trooper.

the second question he asked me was "wheres the marijuana?"

i said i did not have any, and did not smell any....

the trooper told me that marijuana had infact ben smoked in my car that day and i claimed it to be impossible.

he told us all to get out of the car and stand on the side of the road and empty our pockets which we did. \

then he declared that the potato chips on my gear shifter were marijuana, i asked to see them and personally declared them potato chips to which he agreed with later on.

he asked me for consent to search my car at least 10 times to which i refused beacuse i had to get to miami by morning or somthing.... he threatened to call in dogs, and i told him to go for it...

my 2 friends for some reason consented to the search of their bags so io had to open the trunk to get them and they were searched, and then i was let go with a speeding ticket.

morals of the story
1) dont consent to search
2) Kentucky State Trooper Chris Smith is an asshole, but respected my rights

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4422948 - 07/19/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Oops forgot about this thread. Cool thanks guys, everyone posted great tips, none of which I wasnt aware of and dont follow myself, but I was interested to know how well its worked for you either way.

By the way, smell IS enough to search you and it wasnt thrown out in court, but I did get a continuance without a finding. Smell is only enough to search "the four corners" though, which is the cab of your vehicle, but doesnt include the glove box or trunk. At least according to my lawyer and the court system I dealt with.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4423338 - 07/19/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

There have been two occasions that a LEO has asked to search my car. The first time I had nothing in the car and allowed the search. The only reason I allowed the search was because I wanted to watch the cop and see where he searched. The second time I had a small bit of something in the car and polietly refused the search claiming that I was late for a meeting. The LEO gave me a warning and let me go on my way.

It was interesting watching the search, though difficult. I kept coming around the car to watch the LEO and he kept getting pissed at me for not staying at the front of the car. He searched all around the driver area. He looked in the ash tray, between the seat and cusion, under the seat, under the floor mats, in the glove box, in the console, in the little pocket in the door. Oddly, he also opened every cd case I had in the car. He didn't check the passenger side of the car, except for the glove box. He didn't check the back seats or the trunk or the engine or under the car. I had a bag of food (from a fast food resturant) in the passenger seat and he didn't look in the bag. I also had a file folder with a lot of papers under the bag of food and he didn't search that either.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: Seuss]
    #4424067 - 07/19/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Once a cop searched my wallet and while doing so he flipped through my pictures that were in there, looked right at my sheet of LSD, handed me back my wallet and told me I could go.

LOL dumbass pig!!

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4426902 - 07/20/05 02:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

LMFAO That's so freaking funny, That's just ignorance to the endth degree!
Take care

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: BetaDelta]
    #4427660 - 07/20/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you know those little airtight pill container keychains? i had a larger one of those on my keys,got pulled over for no blinker, the cop smelled weed in my car(back when i was young and careless), that pig tore my car apart from front to back, he took my keys out of the ignition(i thought i was done for, i had an eigth of crippy and a little glass bowl in it)went to the back of the car, fumbled around with the keys, looked at the container at least 3 times and opened the trunk, tore that apart, searched me and my buddy top to bottom and eventually let us go(3 fucking hours later) i cant believe the dumbshit didnt think to look in a pill container, im prettty sure i had a couple X pills in there too... *PHEWWWW*

--------------------

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4429173 - 07/20/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The best way to avoid the situation is to just not get pulled over in the first place, I can't say I'm the perfect driver but I haven't been pulled over in more than 3 years now.

If you do get nabbed, the best answer to 'can i search your shit' is 'No, because the 4th amendment of the constition of the united states guarantees my right to privacy' :thumbup: (until the patriot act of course. :thumbdown:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4437036 - 07/22/05 05:05 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

> 'No, because the 4th amendment of the constition of the united states guarantees my right to privacy

In my opinion (maybe I am wrong?) it is much better to reference legal council than to play the part of a legal expert. Something along the lines of, "I apologize officer, I know that you are only doing you job and trying to keep the public safe, but I am very late for an important business meeting. My attorney has advised me to always refuse consent to a search and to never answer questions without him present. Unless I am being detained, I would like to leave so that I can attend my meeting."

The important parts here are that you were polite, that you know your legal rights, that you refused consent to a search, and that you have refused to answer any questions without legal council present. You have shown that you are one of the few that know your rights and are therefore going to be a hard nut to crack. Unless the cop has a reason to harass you, they will move on to an easier target.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Who has refused consent to search, and it worked? [Re: Seuss]
    #4437478 - 07/22/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I carry an ACLU card in my wallet. You can print them up on the ACLU web site. I've only used this once, and the cop gave me no shit whatsoever. Jus tell the Pig In Question that your a member of the ACLU and it's your association's policy to never consent to a search without probable cause.

Most pigs have a rabid fear/hate relationship with the ACLU and will have you on your way in no time....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom