Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Phish, Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
A fuckin' right on article about Trey Anastasio.
    #4403425 - 07/14/05 02:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: A fuckin' right on article about Trey Anastasio. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4403453 - 07/14/05 02:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"However, if and when Phish returns, all the critics, all the cynics and all the haters will be right there in the arena with everyone else, whether they have to drive twenty minutes, or twenty hours. You know it and I know it."

hahahaha so fucking true :smile:

i don't think it's fair to compare Trey to Clapton or Pink Floyd or whoever else, though... as far as i know (maybe i'm wrong?) none of those bands had such a 'touring scene' as Phish had... only the Dead would rival it. so for all these people whose lives were centered around following Phish around, now they want to cling to whatever threads are left. and when the threads tend to suck (at least in comparison to the blanket they came from), people get crochety.

--------------------

Male

Re: A fuckin' right on article about Trey Anastasio. [Re: Krishna]
    #4403480 - 07/14/05 02:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Comparing Clapton to Trey, actually, is hitting the nail right on the head. Clapton had people following him all over the country, spraypainting CLAPTON IS GOD in cities all across America...I think that's actually the best comparison in the article.

I have a friend who toured (backstage) with Phish for a few years, really got tangled up in the scene...he's my girlfriend's brother actually. Anyhow...when he tells me he doesn't doubt Phish will play again...I believe the man.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4403492 - 07/14/05 02:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Comparing Clapton to Trey, actually, is hitting the nail right on the head. Clapton had people following him all over the country, spraypainting CLAPTON IS GOD in cities all across America...I think that's actually the best comparison in the article.

ah ok i stand corrected. i really have almost 0 knowledge of Clapton, beyond a best of Cream album that i've got... should try to listen to him sometime.

--------------------

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #4403515 - 07/14/05 02:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Phish was an awesome band. What is happening now with Trey is people who saw Phish have movd on. Trey has to be shitty now to these people who followed Phish so they can justify themselves, so they can say that they were there. I'm sure Trey is playing some of the same songs and putting on just as good of show as he always has. I don't pay attention to what the fans think anymore than Trey does.

Male

Re: A fuckin' right on article about Trey Anastasio. [Re: sox24]
    #4403535 - 07/14/05 02:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It just sucks that Phish fans, true Phish fans, understand what music means, its significance, and they loved all four members of Phish as musicians...and yet they can't understand Trey as a musician alone, they can't separate him fromt he Phish experience. It's too bad...he's awesome. An awesome egotistical cokehead...but awesome.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4403575 - 07/14/05 02:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i saw trey with his new band at bonnaroo this year and it was the best trey show i've ever seen. I've only seen 3 of them though. I like his new lineup alot more than the whole orchestra thing he was doing because it's more phish-like. I think he is less focused on doing his weird zappa wannabe stuff and more focused on trying to give his fans what they want to see.

BTW, the author of that said that radiohead deserved hatred so discount anything he said because he is a fool.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #4403817 - 07/14/05 03:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Trey is awsome. most people that are talkiing shit about him are still dealing with them breaking up give it time.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4403841 - 07/14/05 03:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Who??

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Phish, Pink Floyd

Community >> The Pub