Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGodspeed
Stranger
Loc: God's Basement
What's a good 'water mister' to buy?
    #4402202 - 07/14/05 01:16 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

something that puts out a real fine spray of water.  what i have now is just an ordinary spray bottle, not working real good, leaves puddles after i spray  :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What's a good 'water mister' to buy? [Re: Godspeed]
    #4402215 - 07/14/05 01:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well the spray mist is dependent on how big the spray hole is or the pressure of the contents of the spray bottle. modifiing either of these will create more pressure making your mist thicker or thinner.

try filling the bottle with water throwing it in your freezer till its ice, screw the top on, and when it thraw it should create more pressure in the bottle. or try infusing some CO2 into the bottle., that would create more pressure to push the water out of the bottle finer.

i guess you could seal up the nozzle then using a very fine or thin needle make a new hole smaller then the orginal. have yoru googles for a very fine mist sprayer?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What's a good 'water mister' to buy? [Re: thegaruda]
    #4402592 - 07/14/05 06:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Best mister is hands down a "Misty Mate". Its a small hand pump sprayer...I've seen them at walmart cheap, but they're seasonal for summer, probably still there though..if not they can be found online...the more you pump the pump the finer the mist..you pump pump pump it up, then flip a little switch on the nozzle and it spits out the finest mist I've dealt with...and I've used those big pump up ones and regular squeeze ones, probably 6 different kinds...its the green one here:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #4402594 - 07/14/05 06:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

A good pumpup type when adjusted correctly with provide an almost fog like mist which is what you want.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What's a good 'water mister' to buy? [Re: hyphae]
    #4402622 - 07/14/05 07:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yep, a fog like out your ultrasonic or something almost.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What's a good 'water mister' to buy? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4402744 - 07/14/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

that looks like a good mister how much those run for?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403301 - 07/14/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i think the misty mates run around 30-40 bucks, could be wrong. I saw something similiar at walmart called a coolmate for like 15 bucks. I personally bought the "proffesional water spray bottle" at walmart. You can find them in the lawn and garden section, they put out a really really nice mist (wide spray to so you only need like 1-2 squirts) and it cost me like 1.50 cents.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What's a good 'water mister' to buy? [Re: coda]
    #4403349 - 07/14/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wally world has the pumpups for about $7-8 and adjust just perfect! Lawn and garden section.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4403350 - 07/14/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

after reading your post on my grow log i think i will definatly follow in your footsteps and pick up one of the "professional misters"

do you remove your cakes like you suggested, with that sprayer, and how often do you spray, with that one?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403378 - 07/14/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, well, i have to say that this is my FIRST grow.  I havent even seen pins yet :smile:  I just birthed my first cake two days ago and it just got put in the FC after a 12 hr dunk last night.  The only reason i suggested that mister is because it puts out a mist close to what the pump up sprayers do for like 10-20 $ less.  Its still a heavier mist, but, it seems to be working just fine for me. 

As of right now i dont remove the cakes because i only have one in there, but i also have a big enough FC that i can get the nozzle in the chamber and spray against the wall without the mist touching the cakes.  If i were to do casings or have a shit ton of cakes id probably have to remove some.  The misty mate type deals are nice because you have a wand that you can maneuver a lot more deftly then a spray bottle.  If i had the extra cash id buy one, but, i hit my limit ATM with my budget and had to start buying a little more cheaply. 

But, the sprayer works great, its heavy duty, and its meant for botanical purposes.  I figured it would be a better buy then the conventional sprayers found elsewhere. 

also, i posted in your growlog??  Ill have to check that out, i dont remeber doing it (too much :bongload:)

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4403398 - 07/14/05 12:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

haha yeah its the B+ grow log

yeah i got a large FC about a 40 gal one, ill spray on the walls in addition for right now. how did you dunk your cake. like isaid i did mine for 24 hour in the fridge the primordia starter to grow in less the 6 hours, the first time i birthed, it took about 2 days for it to form. also what kinda lighting did you use. i just hooked up two aqurium lights from walmart and the yare like hella bring for the terrium :smile: im pumped cuz i think this grow will work the way i want it to. think i am gonna start to build a larger martha if this grow goes right :smile:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403416 - 07/14/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Im not sure about the size of mine, i need to run upstairs and check, but its like a foot tall and, a foot wide, and about 3 feet long.  I just dunked my cake in a sauce pot in a 3% h202 solution using a bottle to hold the cake down.  Dunked for 12 hrs @ room temp, rolled and double end cased with verm, moistend verm, sprayed chamber, and placed cake in chamber.  Im using ambient light from my ceiling light ATM.  Ill probably pick up one of those tap light soon or get a small desklamp, im 50/50 on that tho, temps are perfect in my room and i dont want any additional heat. 

You saw primodia growth in 6 hrs???  Shit, thats pretty sweet!  Since i rolled mine im problably not going to see anything til they pin, im planning on rolling the rest of my cakes except one (ill just double end case it) so i can see growth from knotting up to full maturity.  And im with you on the martha, once i get this grow under my belt im gonna move on up.....to the east side......in a deluxe green room closet in the sky :laugh:

--------------------

-JG

Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4403441 - 07/14/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hahha sounds like a plan, i htought of that too i didn't wanna raise the temp of my chamber, but i use a 40 gal terrium TiT, and since i put in the new lights, the temp doesn't change more then the typical +-1deg

i didn't use an h2o2 solution on the dunk, i just sterilzed the water in my Pressure Cooker for like 20 mins, and let it kewl to room temp and used that.

if you got a TiT i would suggest adding in the light like i got, they work well and the sockets dont heat up much with the flouscents, the lights were 5.46 each at walmart, they are ten watt each nad i have two of em. the cords are like 3bux each and the socket is 2.50. That will run yea 20 bux and you will have alot better lighting. the only con is that its completely illuminates the tub, so you need to cover the setup wit ha blanket which i wouldn't recommend cuz that could heat up teh sockets too much and possible cause a fire. so if you dont have to worry abotu snooby ppl or have it in a closet or something concealed my lighting tek would work find, but if its out in the open i wouldn't recommend it

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403491 - 07/14/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well i live by myself and the only person (maintainence guy) who could come in is a total headie so i dont think ihave to worry too much.  I have a TiT setup but i dont utilize it because im finding the closet temp keeps it nice (especially with a lot of fully colonized jars in there), my house stays around 72-75 degrees so i can just leave the FC out without having to heat it.  I just turned my fan off and stuck the FC underneat so the light can hit it from right on top. We'll see how everything goes, i dont want to invest too much into because im going to be using a greenhouse setup once i get back from vacation.  It is a nice chamber tho, real long and tall enough that mature fruits wont touch the tops, although i think i underestimated the perlite capacity, but it seems to be holding RH just fine.

I used the h202 becuase i was impatient and didnt have time to PC water and let it cool hehe.  With what ive read tho ive gleaned that you dont have to be too cautious when dealing with fully colonized cakes, so i just went with the least time consuming most sterile method.  If the shroom gods smile upon me i hope to have some fruits to enjoy next weekend :smile:

--------------------

-JG

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403531 - 07/14/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

See, those Professional misters, I dont really like....it doesnt put out the same fog as the misty mate and they take tonssss of pumping...big arsed things. Plus usually clear (breaks down peroxide). Mistymate makes the Coolmate, same thing, as I said can be had at walmart for like 10 bucks. They can be found online cheaper then 30 bucks too, just dont get the "floura mist" one like mine, it was expensive and same as the Misty Mate (made by them) I just didnt find mistymates when I ordered it. I really like the little green one I got better then the THREE kinds of "professional" pump up things from the lawn and garden section. Work great for the garden though...Mistymates are meant to be sprayed in peoples faces during the summer though, I guarentee it to be some of the finest mist around.

--------------------

Edited by scatmanrav (07/14/05 12:38 PM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403582 - 07/14/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

scatmanrav, are we talking about the same thing?

this is the mister i use

I know its definitely not as nice as the misty mate types are, but, it puts out a finer mist then the normal sprayers you see. Plus i thought it would be better suited for this since it is designed for plant use.

--------------------

-JG

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403628 - 07/14/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The ones for plant use are better then the hand pump things you find in the household, but these are even finer then that...it clips onto your hat and blows a mist very much like an ultrasonic fogger in your face to keep you slightly moist..its kinda like if you stood near a very big waterfall, and you feel the mist that you can barley see hitting your face...maybe I'll try and capture it on a picture...but hey, those things work just fine! But I really like the little misty mate, I like that water doesnt sit there stanant because I go through the bottle quick, and I love the mist it puts into the air. Makes it feel like a nice cool florida morning. I purchanced some locally, looking for a bigger one before, but after trying out 3 different ones, along with my old yellow mister you see in the picture, and another before that that was pretty much the same...I still like the MistyMate...

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403645 - 07/14/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yah, ive used a misty mate at bonnaroo last year.  Believe me you, those things were a LIFE saver come the middle of the day.  Im just to poor to afford one right now, so i had to opt out for the one in the pic.  Once my student loan check gets here ill be buying some better equipment, but for now, ill just have to make do with the minimum :smile:

--------------------

-JG

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403723 - 07/14/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, thats a damn good idea, I think I'll have to bring mine to the next bonaroo :smile:

Like I said man, the one you got will work fine, and any other plant professional misters will too, but if you've got a closet or two with lots of casings, and your going for perfection on every square inch of it, and a grow always going in it..then you may want to consider upgrading the mister.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4403795 - 07/14/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yah, im definitely looking into it. I go on vacation august 12th so i plan on knocking up some quart jars a week before i go away and by the time i get back they should be done. From there im gonna go with a martha type setup and keep the other FC i have for cakes and mini casings.

And yes the misty mate is a lifesaver at bonnaroo. No shade + 100 degree weather * 150,000 people = unbelivable heat. Those things you stick in the freezer and wrap around your neck work really well too. I didnt get to go this year, but hopefully ill be making it out there next year.

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds