Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4400855 - 07/13/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What about like a personal scrapbook type thing for each user? Or something along those lines? Members can have a personal photo gallery (with limits on size, duh), a section for trip reports, a section for a bio, a section for a page describing their philosophies/what they think of life, and maybe a section for quotes.

Of course that would all probably take a bit of time to code and some server space to boot.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: dblaney]
    #4403297 - 07/14/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
What about like a personal scrapbook type thing for each user? Or something along those lines? Members can have a personal photo gallery (with limits on size, duh), a section for trip reports, a section for a bio, a section for a page describing their philosophies/what they think of life, and maybe a section for quotes.

Of course that would all probably take a bit of time to code and some server space to boot.

I realize that once an idea is put out into an open forum, the idea no longer has an owner, so this is no longer like MY IDEA I CONTROL BWAHAHAHA...but I just wanted to say that this is something I was trying to avoid in pitching the personal trip report areas.  I feel that giving individual users their own webspace just isn't necessarily...necessary.  I dunno.

Also, you can already make your photo gallery viewable by the rest of the Shroomery public.  I could see some sort of extended webspace being made available to Supporters in the future (goddamn I need to send in cash for my account already! need to find a job...) but I hope that in the meantime the Trip Report space is made available for everyone...and soon! :cool:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4403392 - 07/14/05 11:58 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

At two other message boards I frequent there is a forum where members of a certain level can start a thread as sort of a 'diary' type thing.  You only get one thread of your own, but you can use it to write whatever you want inside, another members can read if they like. 

We could do something like that...except for trip reports. 

Is that kind of what you are taking about or am I delusional again?  :smile:

Male

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: MOTH]
    #4403411 - 07/14/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well like I said, I don't think it should necessarily be in the format of a thread. It could be, if it were to be integrated with a Trip Reports Sub-Forum (that's something that would be very cool if it existed...I'd totally want to help out with that, I love reading trip reports.)

I was thinking more of a listing like this:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch...isplaytype=main

Those are all of your Main Threads, Elle. But look at that format, and imagine the leftmost column would be the title of the Trip Report.

In the second column, instead of forum, it would list the substances involved in the report.

In the third column would be the date that it was posted up on the user's trip report sub-page. Then when you clicked on the link it would bring you a page with text that would be much like the Trip Reports we have on the site (though I admit I rarely go to look at those so much as the ones posted in Trip Tips/The Pub). Below each trip report would be a "Comments" area where people could leave their thoughts on it, and that would enable a discussion about the trip.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4403460 - 07/14/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I really love this idea Robot...and it would be fascinating to watch the evolution of a tripper's attitude towards psychedelics and the nature of their trips.  :thumbup:

Male

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: MOTH]
    #4403468 - 07/14/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Definitely Elle...I just sent you a PM about what I really think this could do for the community and for its users...we need a place that would really allow for the investigation of what a trip means to a user, what they can learn from it.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4403915 - 07/14/05 01:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm still waiting for an update on the Trip Report sub-forum.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #4416970 - 07/17/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I like this idea too! It took me a little while but I think I finally got it working. You'll notice that there is now a "My Journal" link on the top navbar and in your "My Home" area. Clicking this will take you to a personal forum where you can post trip reports, random thoughts or whatever you wish. Only you can start threads in your journal, but anyone can reply. You also have moderation ability, so you can close, edit, delete and make posts sticky (there is a drop-down box at the bottom of each thread with management options).

Once you have a post in your journal, a link will show up in your profile so other users know there's something there to read. Of course you can also place a link in your sig or whatever.

Please keep an eye out for bugs and let me know if you have any suggestions for ways to further refine the journal functionality. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I hope you enjoy it in action!

Peace,

-Y

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Ythan]
    #4417011 - 07/17/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, that is very very badass. I feel this is going to lead to very good things. :thumbup:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Ythan]
    #4417098 - 07/17/05 11:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I put a couple links in my post, but the UBB doesn't seem to be working,  click , I might have screwed something up, but for both links? Check it out, thanks :smile:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: gdman]
    #4417130 - 07/17/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That link doesn't even work for me... hmmm

My Journal is working... so far... haven't written much though...

This is awesome. Thanks a bunch Y! :smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: gdman]
    #4417483 - 07/18/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks man! There was a problem with post editing which was breaking UBBCode, it should be fixed now.

Cervantes what happens when you click that link?

-Y

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4417492 - 07/18/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Works fine now... :smile:

Nothing was happening last time I tried.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
    #4418514 - 07/18/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just wondering. Is scat illegal in the journals without warning?

--------------------

Male

#4418733 - 07/18/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you very much Ythan! :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4419675 - 07/18/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

YOU ROCK SO MUCH!!!! This was a BIG upgrade....

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4419774 - 07/18/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #4419809 - 07/18/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It would be nice if there was some other way to get to a user's journal and also so you could determine if the user had a journal by just looking at one of their posts.

Maybe a "J"ournal flag similar to the "A"dmin "M"oderater "S"upporter flags that is a clickable link to the journal?

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: Organic]
    #4419865 - 07/18/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
It would be nice if there was some other way to get to a user's journal and also so you could determine if the user had a journal by just looking at one of their posts.

Maybe a "J"ournal flag similar to the "A"dmin "M"oderater "S"upporter flags that is a clickable link to the journal?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Invisiblesherm
sherman
 User Gallery

Loc: Euthanasia
Re: A Suggestion for Trip Reports (A good one, at that, I think, at least.) [Re: myndreach]
    #4420027 - 07/18/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

put in the profile
down by the user gallery link

--------------------
shroomery.
not even once.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder