Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
This is how my day went Wensday the 13th (Good news up dATE !!!)
    #4402539 - 07/14/05 06:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm posting this message so people fully understand to take all necessary precautions before going shroom hunting. I'm not writing this post to discourage anyone from shroom hunting

Me and my good friend decide to go to one of our fields and do some shroom hunting yesterday. So we got together after class around 11 am and made our way to the field. We usually don't go at this time but for the last week or so each time we went out we didn't find anything. We just had a couple of days of some hard rain so we were very anxious to get out and find something. So as soon as we hoped the barb wire fence I was finding cubes and copes all over the place. I also found some unidentified mushroom that I was going to post here for some help. We were so excited that we didn't even notice the sheriff watching us for 20 minutes according to him. Then out of no where I hear and see the sheriff yelling at my friend stop sheriff office with one hand on his pistol. So I dumped all my shrooms out my bag (and throw the bag) and hid next to a pile of wood. The police surrounded my hiding spot and hand cuffed me. Then they put me in back of the car with my friend.They asked me were was my bag and I said I don't no what your talking about. So they went back and found my bag with one or two little shrooms in it. We were treated as if we had just robed a bank! The police took us back to my car and searched it they found a blunt roach. The police took that as evidence and ended up charging me with possession under 20 grams. We told the police that we were only looking for non active mushrooms and they just laughed at us. They charged us with possession of a hallucinogen for having the mushrooms. The police took us to jail around 1pm and I just got home around 7am after my mom had to post a 3000 dollar bail! My car has been impounded so I had to catch a cab home from the jail which costed me 45 dollars. They put us in the cell with all the regular criminals I felt wrongly accused because its only a mushroom to me. I wasn't planning on selling them they were going to be for my consumption only. My court date is on September the 6Th and I would like to know the laws of picking mushrooms in Florida. Sometimes you get caught up in the moment when picking mushrooms its like a kid at Halloween and forget about the dangers of picking mushrooms. So please if you don't want this to happen to you learn as much as u can about shroom hunting before you go. I tried to get in contact with the owners of the land (pryier to this mishap) but they don't live on the property and they only come there to tend to the cattle and leave. I don't think I will go on anybody else property without there consent again. Thanks for reading I hope someone gets something out of this happening to me. And if anybody Knows the laws of mushroom picking in Florida please let me know

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Edited by mskip23 (08/15/05 03:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdowg
Stragler
 User Gallery

Loc: Vic, Australia
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: mskip23]
    #4402574 - 07/14/05 06:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

wow dude, many comiserations, thats a horrible story. I dont think anything you read tho could have prepared you for this, just try to be a bit more careful i guess. But that sucks bad, the cops doing a crack down in your area? Isn't that the way of murphys law, you find nothing for agers then when u finially find some the stinkers interrupt u.
So sorry to hear you misfortune. And thanks for sharing it with us

--------------------
From little things, big things grow.

Invisiblewallace
Male

Loc: Canada
    #4402680 - 07/14/05 08:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You were probably dumb to get yourself in this situation, but chalk it up to experience rather than blaming yourself. Mushroom hunting is nothing to be messed with, which is something I try to remind myself of once in a while.
Good luck getting this all sorted out.
Wallace

--------------------
Wallace

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4403284 - 07/14/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

from what i have gathered, it seems as if people here in florida are now being charged with "Possession of Psilocybin".

the law that previously let us dodge that charge is "Fiske vs the state of Florida 1978", do a search on it and you will find it.

sorry to hear about the trouble you've gotten into, let us know how it turns out..

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4403523 - 07/14/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Kill all witnesses and get a face lift.

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: psiclops]
    #4403855 - 07/14/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Even if you are breaking the law in order to please your self, or a million people, it is still breaking the law.

I remeber my first speeding ticket. I tried to get out of it by claiming if the vehicle was just a motorcycle, with half the wheels and 1/10th the weight, there should be no reason I can't go twice the speed limit in rual areas. Boy did that defense work well....

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4405233 - 07/14/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, any other info on this subject is welcome maybe from someone this has happened to before would be great

--------------------

Offlinewildbill
billbo
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomy central FL
    #4405980 - 07/14/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

wow this story really pisses me off i hate cops always busting my ass for having parties and being at them, but i have not yet been busted for mushrooms and it scares me because i have talked to you befor and i would tell my friends about your really nice harvest and now your under the gun, sorry for rambling but our justice system turns my stomach. i wish the best of luck to you buddy, im sure it will work out ok.

--------------------
"ow-now-brown-cow" ~ _Ron Burgundy_

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: wildbill]
    #4406327 - 07/14/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

at least it was posession under 30 grams or whatever... they got me with 3 pounds ( i got out of it though)

OfflineMind_Of_Souljah
Stranger
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4407226 - 07/15/05 08:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

All i got to say is FUCK THA POLICE, FUCK THA POLICE, FUCK EM!

OfflineCubensisCutter
mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: Mind_Of_Souljah]
    #4407278 - 07/15/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

dude, why the hell would you go to someone elses property at noon in broad daylight. if your gona go picking on somebodys field then go right when the sun comes up around 5 to 6 am. mushroom hunting must be taken seriously, use your brain next time.

--------------------

thats right cubes in december bitches

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: Mind_Of_Souljah]
    #4408029 - 07/15/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mind_Of_Souljah said:
All i got to say is FUCK THA POLICE, FUCK THA POLICE, FUCK EM!

Thats what I say!!

--------------------

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4408181 - 07/15/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Here are my thoughts:

The only thing I could think of is that you could say you were unaware of having possesion of such a drug. You were out there simply practicing your mycology while hunting, and were unsure of the mushrooms being picked. Therefore you put them in the bag to put them in safe storage until they could be taken home and correctly identified. Perhaps if you could find some non-active lookalike you could be claim to be hunting for those.

I just looked up the case mentioned beforehand. It sounds like a similar defense was used (although in the case it seemed more like he said he didnt know anything about mushrooms). So I take that back! Do NOT say you are a mycologist :P. That would show that you know things about mushrooms, and therefore know that this mushroom is probably a contianer for the drug. Whatever the case, just throwing some ideas out there, and good luck to you!

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Offlineacoustic
barrmmmFFF
 User Gallery

Loc: texas
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: Ramuh]
    #4408569 - 07/15/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

lol you shouldnt have said," we were lookin for non-active mushrooms" you should have said we were lookin for some fresh portabellas for my mom's spehgetti tonight. just an idea that sucks tho bro, puts knots in my stomach just thinkin about how fucked that situation must have been. i think the best thing to do to be safe is make friends with a field owner.

--------------------

"May the wind always be at your back, And the sun upon your face, And the winds of destiny carry you aloft, To Dance with the stars..."

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: acoustic]
    #4408895 - 07/15/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I need all the help I can get. Does anyone no if possession of a hallucinogen is a felony

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4409214 - 07/15/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah it is a felony mskip23. it's up there with heroin and lsd.

your biggest mistake was hunting during the daytime.

Offlinered914
Minion
Loc: Utah
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4409774 - 07/15/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't usually hang on the hunting thread because Utah does not have much in mushrooms, but I see your pain. If you are dealing with a felony count, you first need a lawyer. Next, you will be going on the word of the police that you were dealing with active mushrooms. If they have some sort of field test, your screwed. I would test their experience to show they do know indeed mushrooms. If they do, take what comes, be sorrowful, and get on with life. Get some of your mushroom chums here (all forums) and collect 1. Amanita Vigorous, (enough for all to share!) 2. Galerna Atumnulus, 3. Paddy straw mushrooms, and 4. Namekos. As a collector, you would not eat found mushrooms until a spore print is done! right? Especially with deadly lookalikes like the galerina. Ya better study up yourself as the judge may invite you to have a bite. Amanita is tested with the hydrochloric acid test. It looks so much like edible paddy straw that many people die as a result. The Galerina is done with a spore print, it is not purple! but looks exactly like cubensis if they dry a little and get beat up. You will be pressing your luck with all this, but law is 50% theater! Namekos are just plain tasty but look like actives. I doubt that the cops will be able to handle this, as most are not native Florida stuff. I wouldn't! They may produce a gas chromatography showing active drugs ($800 test) but that would force them to test everybody buying mushrooms at the store and do the test for all accused of picking active mushrooms, where it quickly becomes uneconomical. What you are showing is that you, as an experienced mushroom dude, would not eat any of those mushrooms and cannot identify them without careful study and their claims are foolishness. Instead, you were mearly collecting to learn the difference. Remember, each mushroom has its range, but can happen anywhere. Tell them you were looking for Gallerias. You always wanted to help Paramedics and it is the only way to learn! If you collect, you already know this so you will feel ok with this. It will just feel a little weird looking at the grandaddys of deadly mushrooms. You better remember what you did that day exactly in case they have film. Ya weren't wareing a tie dyed shirt and heart shaped pink sun glasses? Good. If you don't know this stuff, what the hell were you thinking? Remember, somebody died eating liberty caps! You could just take the rap, no voting, no government jobs, tough time getting regular jobs, no more mushrooms in less you want hard time (I don't know about Florida, but you do not want hard time in Utah or Arizona!!!!). You complain of being locked up with criminals, they are complaining about being locked up with crazed drug users and it can get worse!. Mushrooms are a Felony! Class A substance. Right? You guys all know this?
If thy are accusing you of having active mushrooms, they are acting as experts and they must know the difference. Ya just ask the cops questions, which ones are safe to eat, what is the toxin in others, what is the horrible agonizing drawn out death that awaits anyone who eats one, and if you are so sure, go ahead, taste it, what about this one? ya know, work it. Who knows, it could work. I worked in this area in my early life. No real expert would eat anything in that pile!!! Fresh ones, maybe, or pictures from a book, but looking death in the face changes things! (like some of you in the field in some areas!)
If I collected, I would have a big collection of all kinds of mushrooms with me in the field, testing supplies, microscope (one of those little cool ones!) camera, with me and do it at some early time! (cause ya have to work later!) (God put those there, not me, I just try to figure out what they are!)If I grew mushrooms, Id grow lots of edibles!! (I do edibles!) Carry identification books, keys and the like. (not just to look good, but to actually know what you are doing!) Show you will go the distance, they don't like that. If they only know one kind of mushroom, they are not "Expert" witnesses and have no place in court. The judge acts as referee, each side must prove his point. Talk to your lawyer! find out how they do it there. Take life by the balls and yank! No more slaking off! Your ether a Mycologist or a drugee in a striped suit from now on! show your stuff! Excuse the bad spelling. GOOD LUCK! others, learn from this! And remember, over all, I won't be there! Im a thousand miles away! Ya walk this road alone! I'v learned my lesson! Make a plan, stick with it, take your lumps. Remember the old sea fairers saying, "Ya can wish for what you wants, but you get what ya is dished up!"

Offlinered914
Minion
Loc: Utah
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: red914]
    #4410803 - 07/16/05 03:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I thought about what I said and it probably was bad advice, Under no circumstances lie to a court!!! That part I want to make clear. If you have field notes and evidence of an intrest in mushrooms other than magic, it might be a good time to gather that. Otherwise, get a good lawyer. Mycologists don't hide from the cops! I think they have you. I feel for you, but we all need to be responsible for are own actions. Once again, Good luck.

Offlinesubterranean_
Wolf at thedoor...

Loc: Lakeland, Florida
    #4412002 - 07/16/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah man i know what you mean. I hope everything goes well in cort. Thats why i tend to go at night so it will be easyer to ditch the bag. So then it will only be a trespassing charge.

--------------------

Offlineramuk
Loc: MI
Re: This is how my day went Wensday the 13th [Re: gdowg]
    #4412116 - 07/16/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Damn man, my condolences.

I would definitely get your stuff together and take the advice here.

Secondly, if you don't mind, what county are we talking about? I am pretty paranoid and live in your area.

I had a scary experience the other day as well. After work I decide to just head out to a field that you basically need a 4X4 to get to and is pretty remote.

So I drive way back near the field and get out and start walking the fence line a bit. I see a couple of what may be copes growing out of a turd maybe ten feet from the fence.

I let my excitement get the better of me and I hop the fence and pick them. As I do, I look back to the dirt road that I drove on to get there and in the distance I see a pickup sitting there and I the driver was looking at me, because when I looked up he punched the gas and tore out of there.

My stupid ass ditches the shrooms, hops back over the fence and run back to my truck and tear out of there on an alternate trail, all the time thinking "wtf are you doing you dumb fuck? coming out here in the middle of the day, you are going to jail you stupid fucker".

After a completely uneventful drive back home, all I can figure is that the guy in the truck was probably out there to do the same damn thing I was, because of the way he shot out of there. LOL.

A week or so prior I was driving out there and must have surprised two other guys because as I drove along I saw an ATV parked on the side of the fence line and some guy runs from the field and jumps on the back of the ATV and they tear ass out of there.

If you guys are reading this, sorry!

Good luck man, hope everything works out for you.

--------------------

If I had a clever, introspective, or spiritual signature line, it would go here.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder