Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Any suggestions....
    #4402086 - 07/14/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

On where to find mushroom friendly wood chips in the area of florida? If it matters, i wanted to grow amanitas, portobellos, and possibly the bioluminescent honey mushroom, yet have been greatly discourged because i just dont know where to look or what exactly i should look for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Any suggestions.... [Re: yousuck]
    #4402930 - 07/14/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You're basically talking aout hardwood chips I believe. I'm not familiar with the use of wood chips in port compost, or with the bioluminescent honey mushroom, OR the substrate for aminitas,but maybe I can help.
I found hardwood sawdust from a local mill, a few phone calls to lumber yards, or a local manufacturer of hardwoor floor paneling. All these may be able to get you hardwood chips and or sawdust by the truckload, in my area this costs $120 delivered. (dump truck - 20 cubic yards) Also the feed place that sells straw also sells both hardwood chips and sawdust (separately bagged in 35 lb. bags) for 5 bucks a bag. As horse bedding. This is SW FL, but I'm sure you can fid it all over the state. I think softwoods can be found as gerbil bedding and the like, but that's a lot smaller scale, unless you call the company for a pallet or two. Hope that helps,
Jeremy Davis

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Any suggestions.... [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #4403545 - 07/14/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

lol, i dont need a dump truck. the feed store has hardwood chips as horse bedding? i never looked but maybe i should ask about it. do you think they would know what type of wood it was? damn, that sounds so suspicious though.

i thought edibles and the like only grew off of chips, not sawdust. i dont see how one could use sawdust without it turning to mush anyways.

OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Any suggestions.... [Re: yousuck]
    #4405987 - 07/14/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well, sawdust is either used as a spawn media. Or mixed into chips to give the media a very wide range of textures, also it helps keep the moisture content more even throughout the substrate. The feed store is great. I think they MAY know the type of wood that's used. Suspicious? Just tell them you're growing mushrooms with the chips, and different wood species are better than others, if you want them to, they can make a call and find out, you're a customer. Light and Love,
Jeremy

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates