Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineunearth
Stranger
g-14
    #4401964 - 07/14/05 01:38 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i might be getting some g-14,pretty sure its not g-13 but g-14,to anyone who tried this,how was it and what are your experiences.all be paying 20 dollars for a dime sized bag.my friend said its the most powerful strain in the world,is that true.

Edited by unearth (07/14/05 01:39 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: g-14 [Re: unearth]
    #4401991 - 07/14/05 01:56 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

myth created by seed breeders

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: g-14 [Re: lardnar]
    #4402482 - 07/14/05 06:55 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

whether these g-13 and different government strains are the best in t he world is questionable. ive read on erowids before i think that it said most government strains were just schwaggy mids with like a low thc lvl average. Im unsure of the thc levels in most mids/chron, but i know that some of the dutch passion blueberry is like 19% or so? ive had g-13 though, it was VERY good chronic. very oily, lots of crystals, bright green, and plenty or orange hairs. but, according to what ive read on the internet, government bud sucks. so, it was definatly good chronic, but i doubt it was a government strain. but check it out first, and try and get a good pic. because if it is g-13, then i want to see what it looks like.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: g-14 [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4402725 - 07/14/05 10:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I dont know of any medical growers (and I do know some) using "government strains". All the medical growers I know of, grow supurb pot, different strains of their choice.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: g-14 [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4402785 - 07/14/05 10:55 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The whole g13 and 14 is a load of shit from what I have been able to gather over the years. Supposedly someone (an old seed breeder) stole a female clone of G13 from some government site, but because they only had a female they crossed it with hashplant. I see that flawed already right there, it's not hard to get a female to go hermaphrodite, they had a clone they could have just kept cloning it out and stressin it and giving it irregular light cycles. It's pretty much accepted that that particular seed breeder was full of shit and just trying to sell more seeds. Also, anything crossed with hashplant would be potent! :smile: mmmm hashplant mmmmm tastes so bad but sooo potent :smile:

Also, government regulated pot is almost 1/10 the potency of what you can get in amsterdam! Plants like Maui Waui that were hot thirty years ago are under half the potency of many of amsterdam's including the white strains.

Also you need to realize that your dealer almost always has no idea what he is talking about. Either he is making shit up or the guy who sold to him or the guy who sold to the guy who sold to the guy or even the guy who grew it was making shit up. I've had people tell me that pure indica's were AK47 and shit like that all the time when I was still buying

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: g-14 [Re: lardnar]
    #4402983 - 07/14/05 11:55 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Breeders do not stress a female to hermaphidite it to get seeds...it would likly lead to alot of unviable seeds, and if they were viable, those seeds would have a tendency to produce hermies...the logic does follow at that point, but still seems like a crazy outlandish story someone made up.

And my hash plant, tasted great...wasnt grown myself but...very potent and a great taste.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
Re: g-14 *DELETED* [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4403249 - 07/14/05 01:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by bhamlaxy

Reason for deletion: personal

OfflineHikuli
Stranger

Re: g-14 [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #4403311 - 07/14/05 01:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i rather trust hippies who have breedet good marijuana for decedas than the us goverment any time, all the time. its like others have said its just a myth, its not made by any goverment and if the myth is true the strain is still fault since it was mixed with another strain to breed seeds like someone else mentioned. myths made to make people pay 20-30 sometimes up to 50 dollars for some seeds :P

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: g-14 [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #4403449 - 07/14/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bhamlaxy said:
my step brother claimed to smoke some very potent "government" pot, called "G-13 purple haze super skunk". The name seems weird, but he said it was called that by a very high level dealer. He did say it was very potent, but is it really government made? It was very expensive, around 70 a gram. Did he get bullshitted?

:eek: :rolleyes:

I hope this was a joke....

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinel33tmouse
Stranger
Re: g-14 [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4403564 - 07/14/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

70 a gram?? holy shit, he got bullshitted, or ripped off, sometimes you can get a quarter of chronic for 75 around here, i don't care how good it is, 1gram isn't going to last me 1 day :smile:  and 70 bucks? ouch :P thats why i don't do coke, that shit is spendy!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: g-14 [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4403570 - 07/14/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I hope hes kidding too...

Funny...me and my buddy always pack different flavors from our collections and if the other person asks its always something like "the bomb ninja silver blue skunk plant" or "g-46 blueberry bottlerockets"..made me think of that...

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: g-14 [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4403709 - 07/14/05 03:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

whether these g-13 and different government strains are the best in t he world is questionable.

Yeah, but "questionable" is a huge understatement. More like "absolutely no evidence whatsoever".

I had some g-13 once as well, from a medical marijuana compassion center, it was very good stuff, just like any of the bud from one of those places.

One thing to keep in mind: 99% of what dealers tell you about strains is bullshit. Most dealers aren't even familiar with the idea of what different strains are. People just say whatever they want to sell their bud better... not that all dealers are liars, some are just gullible, and whoever they got it from was a liar.

As far as I know, there is no strain called g-14. If there is, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with g-13. It could have just been someone thinking that naming their pot g-14 would be a cool thing to do.

Unless you have a reason to believe that your dealer knows the grower and has a real interest in different strains, it's best to ignore anything that they say about strains.

Pretty much everyone I talk to thinks they've smoked white widow, blueberry, or even things that are just nicknames for pot from certain regions; maui wowie, acapulco gold, panama red, etc...

One of the weirdest things though, is that nobody is willing to accept the idea that they might be wrong. If you tell some high school kid that what he's smoking probably isn't white widow he'll come at you with something like "trust me man, I know the guy I got it from, he's my friend", or "dude, I know my weed, I've been smoking since I was fucking 9 years old, don't try and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about" (these people seem to think that by smoking lots of pot, they magically absorb knowledge about it, it rarely occurs to them to actually read).

Sorry for the rant, inaccuracy and myths are a huge pet peeve of mine.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4403715 - 07/14/05 03:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

70 dollars a gram??? I hope that shit got you high just by looking at it, if it in fact actually happened. Ive had bud that's been claimed to have been G13, but it looked, tasted, and smelled just like a superskunk so i doubt its validity. Where's the bubblegum gone, i miss bubblegum.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: g-14 [Re: coda]
    #4403782 - 07/14/05 03:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

amen to that. he got jacked hardcore. ya you could bust out almost a quarter for that here. that government stuff is such bullshit, its bread to lower levels of thc so its closer to passing as 'legal'. remember, the gov is AGAINST pot so why would they make a super strain?

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: g-14 [Re: Phluck]
    #4403830 - 07/14/05 03:29 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

whether these g-13 and different government strains are the best in t he world is questionable.

Yeah, but "questionable" is a huge understatement. More like "absolutely no evidence whatsoever".

I had some g-13 once as well, from a medical marijuana compassion center, it was very good stuff, just like any of the bud from one of those places.

One thing to keep in mind: 99% of what dealers tell you about strains is bullshit. Most dealers aren't even familiar with the idea of what different strains are. People just say whatever they want to sell their bud better... not that all dealers are liars, some are just gullible, and whoever they got it from was a liar.

As far as I know, there is no strain called g-14. If there is, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with g-13. It could have just been someone thinking that naming their pot g-14 would be a cool thing to do.

Unless you have a reason to believe that your dealer knows the grower and has a real interest in different strains, it's best to ignore anything that they say about strains.

Pretty much everyone I talk to thinks they've smoked white widow, blueberry, or even things that are just nicknames for pot from certain regions; maui wowie, acapulco gold, panama red, etc...

One of the weirdest things though, is that nobody is willing to accept the idea that they might be wrong. If you tell some high school kid that what he's smoking probably isn't white widow he'll come at you with something like "trust me man, I know the guy I got it from, he's my friend", or "dude, I know my weed, I've been smoking since I was fucking 9 years old, don't try and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about" (these people seem to think that by smoking lots of pot, they magically absorb knowledge about it, it rarely occurs to them to actually read).

Sorry for the rant, inaccuracy and myths are a huge pet peeve of mine.

HELL YEAH!

I get alot of good pot, from certain people it gets names. Now I KNOW it had a name when they grew it, the genetics are there...I still am not sure its the name I'm given, because so many people are gullable and just need a name... I really hate festivals and getting shown indoors or outdoors as headies or given a name, just to try to sell it. Everyone else doesnt seem to notice though unless they see your bag and go OMG, I've never seen that before..

--------------------

OfflineChiefess
ExperiencedToker / AmateurMushroom Hunter

#4403988 - 07/14/05 04:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

you say your getting $20 for a dime bag...a dime is called a dime because it costs $10 (just like a nickel costs $5), it is not a universal weight like an eighth or a quarter, it can be anywhere from half a gram (sometimes less for great nugget) to 3 grams depending on the potency of the weed.

--------------------
Been Tokin'!

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: g-14 [Re: Chiefess]
    #4404768 - 07/14/05 06:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Chiefess said:a dime is called a dime because it costs $10 (just like a nickel costs $5), it is not a universal weight like an eighth or a quarter, it can be anywhere from half a gram (sometimes less for great nugget) to 3 grams depending on the potency of the weed.

cool, never really knew what a dime bag was  :smile:

good rant phluck, I enjoyed reading that (it's so true) :laugh:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: g-14 [Re: stefan]
    #4404817 - 07/14/05 07:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Just my $0.02.

In this months issue of Playboy there's an article about the marijuana trade from Canada. They give all sorts of statistics about how it's the highest grade bud coming into the U.S. (retailing about $4,000/pound). They give all sorts of interesting statistics and anecdotes about how the fertilizer is like $120 a pount and then they use a $6K vaccum sealer to ensure quality etc.

Anywho, one of the interesting quotes was that the guy was talking about a shipment to hawaii and said: "It's going srtaight to hawaii, tourists think it's maui Wowee, when we ship to Alaska people think it's Matanuska".

Essentially the article stated that the majority of the extremely high quality bud comes from Canada and people re-name to suit their needs. They also said that even when it's grown hydroponically and with all sorts of special care it's only about 5 times as potent as "regs".

A lot of the sources seemes legit. Just throwing that out there.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: g-14 [Re: badchad]
    #4404921 - 07/14/05 07:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It's alllllll bullshit kids. If anyone ever tells you that they have the most incredible shit and you have to smoke it to believe it... don't believe it! All those stories are highschool propaganda folks, as already debunked here. No need to ask more questions, it's all bullshit.

G-13's a nice strain but in no way related to all those stoner myths. Remember, it all depends on the grower. You can say bye-bye to genetics because a decent grower can turn bagseed into gold. Grow decent and cure decent and you'll have great bud! It's when people fuck up and try pushing their commercial crap do you ever get bad weed. Cannabis plants can take heaps of punishment. And when treated right, you can get the most amazing buds ever.

Find people who don't bullshit you like these kids do. Bunch of fuckin tards if you ask me. None of my friends are about ripping kids off, it's lame. It really annoys me to hear stuff like this. Hope you know now. Make sure you don't get ripped off, and share your herb with good buddies. :wink:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: g-14 [Re: browndustin]
    #4405117 - 07/14/05 08:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

he probably meant g-13,and everyone i buy drugs from i either know,or my friends know so id give them money to buy it for me so i know when i ask for something im not getting ripped off,however this g-13 crap isnt probably true,he just heard it from his uncle,thats all

Edited by unearth (07/14/05 09:04 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience