Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
creating a coalition of the willing
    #4400440 - 07/13/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

im very curious as to see a top ten if you will...

i had this thought the other day, i know that there are many many different websited out there covering the many many aspects of drugs, from ingestion, to cult, to synths, to harm reduction.

on all of these sites there are many shared ideals that go across the board, and into the hearts and minds of the members, the shroomery gets around 2 million hits a day, and erowid logs around 30k uniqwue visitors a day overgrow probably dwarfs us all... imagine how many people look at this info in a day, in a month in a year....

what could happen if all of the sites got togeather and presented a united front to acheive a greater cause? i know that the war on drugs is an international effort, and while many of us fight it little by little in our small groups.. imagine what could happen if we combined all of our whispers into a booming voice that covered the world?

if we want to change the world i think that we have a better chance if we are united in our causes

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (07/13/05 04:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: creating a coalition of the willing [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4400479 - 07/13/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

We could call it Shroom-Mart, :rotfl:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinemurk
!!!!
Re: creating a coalition of the willing [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4400492 - 07/13/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

2 million hits a day?

Offlinechonyidbardo
Retinal CircusClown
Loc: Blissful Void
Re: creating a coalition of the willing [Re: murk]
    #4400779 - 07/13/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

that would clash with the "counter-culture" that most drug people like to think they belong to.

--------------------
The Void is not nothingness
The Void is beginning and end itself

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: creating a coalition of the willing [Re: chonyidbardo]
    #4400796 - 07/13/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Not to mention that I've heard mention at places like overgrow that they try to distance themselves from the psychedelic crowd. (since there's much more fear about psychedelics then weed)

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #4401646 - 07/13/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
imagine what could happen if we combined all of our whispers into a booming voice that covered the world?

Now THERES a good idea!  :thumbup:

United we stand, divided we fall.

--------------------

OfflineBobo
Tongue
 User Gallery

Loc: Next to Kitty (Yahweh)
    #4401936 - 07/13/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Did you ever hear of the "Nightmare at Altamont?"  Our coalition is too fractured to coalesce.  :shocked:

--------------------
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
the pub mods are a cancer on our society as a whole.
pantsboy said:
Do kittens contain mescaline?  Because they should.

My GF & ME :heart:

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4402453 - 07/14/05 04:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Zippoz I love how you think.

About 3-4 years ago the New England Journal of Medicine put out an article speaking on how some internet drug websites contained innacurate and even dangerous information that could harm people. In that article Erowid, Shroomery, Bluelight, and Lyceaum were named. With Shroomery it was an article we linked to, not one we hosted.

Anyhow it started an interesting thing, I contacted all these websites and I pushed the idea that we leaders of the drug community would have a backdoor channel to discuss threats common to us all.

My suggestion was I would create a hidden forum for the leaders and we could all collaberate together in private to discuss various issues and threats we face now and in the future.

Well it became pretty big, the people from Dancesafe wanted in, I believe we had an email list of 20 or so leaders of various websites.

But then after the furor died down about the NE Journal of medicine article so did the contact over this.

I still think this idea has great possibilities and that we should pursue it, in what form etc is the only question. I know we?d have a good showing of support from Lyceaum if I can ever get hold of the guy who runs it, he?s MIA for a while now, plus of course bluelight, OG and Erowid.

I would especially like this idea because we go help out when Erowid has its fund raisers and for lots of other reasons as to why we could all work better together on bigger issues.

I?d love to hear everyones thoughts on this, I was really dissapointed that it didnt work out many years ago and I think this can be accomplished as long as it has a bunch of great ideas with it. :heart:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: creating a coalition of the willing [Re: Thor]
    #4402918 - 07/14/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i know that OG does not like to publicly support the content of sites such as ours because the admins over there want to keep their cause on its own path, believing that they have a better chance of getting weed legalsed on its own... not that much is actually being done about it imho.
there is a lot of information around here, and i think that with the channels of communication opened between us the amount of life saving information that we have, and that others have can be more widely distributed and more benificial to the public.

and as always im going to asses the legal situation of all of this. eother way, changing political trends and the removal of what is looking to be 2 conservitive supreme court justices is showing me that in the near future we as an internet comunity may run into some legal issues with the information we choose to share and discuss. coming witih a united front, and perhaps united legal representation would be out best chance of staying out there and alive. i hate to sound alarmist, but the freedoms that many of us enjoy are getting infringed on in the name of terror prevention and "for our own good".

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder