Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce..
    #4399415 - 07/13/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This is the place for this right?

Just saw a post about eating applesauce while tripping. It is very good...but it also works great for injesting mushrooms. I have a BIG issue with eating shrooms after 150 or so times. First few times ate the straight, no problem, even tasted good. Now I have to disguise them. I've tried it ALL, and alot works..but this is one I dont usually see, so yeah, if you want a new way, try grinding up some dry powder and mix it into applesauce. Covers up the texture and taste very well, amy work with fresh shrooms too, dont know.

Capsules work great too, but take some time to kick in. Choclate covers the taste well, but the texture remains. Mixing in dry powder into some ground beef and making a burger works pretty well, but taste and texture both very slightly remain, and eating a peice of meat to start your trip is so-so. Tea is usually my favorite method...you dont need to drink all the chunks out but the ones you get dont taste so bad and slide down easily, it comes on the quickest of any method though..peanut butter, honey, and orange juice wasnt great to injest for me...I dont really like those things by themselves though, just a little honey sometimes. Hot choclate works as well as tea, but it ruins the taste of hot chocolate (with nothing in it) for me..the bitterness in tea helps you choke it down.

Usually these days I choose tea or applesauce. Capsules if I'm in the mood for the slower kick in. Usually what I find to be the most fun is drink 1-2 grams in tea and use the tea to swallow 1-2 grams in capsules..you get a longer trip that kicks in quick.

Well this was just cause I havnt seen applesauce used much and someone may be looking for another method. If anyone wants to post their feelings or ways of ingestion, feel free! Yeah yeah I know many of you can eat them no problem...not all of us can..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4400383 - 07/13/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i highly suggest grinding the mushies into powder, mixing with cacao/chocolate powder.. like a 1:2 ratio, shrooms:chocolate.. then adding enough honey to get a nice fudge like consitency...

tastes so good its dangerous!!

so you can make an all raw treat if you use raw honey and this stuff Raw Cacao Nibs Highly Suggested!

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4400390 - 07/13/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Here's another place to get cacao, thats not sold out, and is actually 1/2 the price..

http://www.stoneandgiacomotto.com/cacaostore/home.php?cat=248

have fun!

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4400683 - 07/13/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That's a great idea to drink half your dose in tea while ingesting the other half in capsules. It's the best of both worlds. I'll have to try that sometime.

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: harpd]
    #4401148 - 07/13/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone seems appalled by the taste. I don't get it. I have absolutely no problem eating shrooms by themselves. Maybe I'm just a lucky one.

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #4401513 - 07/13/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nice Scat, I'm going to have to try this.  I too have had to resort to capsules because the taste is too much any more; it's beyond revolting.  Can't even do tea, as I can still taste it regardless of the tea flavor.

If I'm in the mood for a quick come up, I'll toss a couple grams of powder into orange juice and drink it while stirring constantly, to pick up the leftover powder.  Favorite alternate method to capsules.  Like you said, it's a time issue.  Capsules are terrific, but sometimes they last TOO long, and take TOO long to kick in.  OJ hides the flavor well, and trips sets in very quickly...sometimes as little as 10 minutes.

Applesauce is now on my list of things to try, thanks a bunch for the new idea.  :thumbup: :rocket: :mushroom2:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: Holydiver]
    #4402421 - 07/14/05 03:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes I know I hate the taste of mushies now. My first time I ate a few wet and I thought these are not that bad. But now I gets scared just thinking about ingesting those suckers. Yes I found out applesauce works wonders especially when you try to eat cactus....now that sucks and applesauce can't really help ur ass then.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #4402427 - 07/14/05 03:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I really enjoy the taste of shrooms, but have experimented with things that will hide the taste.

The best is honey. Much better than applesauce in my opinion. When I first started tripping I would fast for most of the day and then load up a bread bun with broken up mushrooms and pour honey all over them and eat the bun. It worked great.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: Spooge]
    #4402848 - 07/14/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Honey IS great, if you can take alot of it. To damn sweet for me though.. Glad it gave some an idea to try it :smile:

Diver, is that even without the vege gel caps? I got the vege ones, and I hear they take longer to kick in then the others...but you seem to go through EXACTLY what we do with capsules...depends on what you eat and what you drink and your stomach on when they disolve..can take a while to kick in and a long time for some to pop if you eat a number of them...then like 6 hours after you ate them you feel another one or two pop in you and your like ohhh geez stilllll....

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineJabbawaya

#4402888 - 07/14/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

CHOMP EM DOWN RAW!

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4403087 - 07/14/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Diver, is that even without the vege gel caps? I got the vege ones, and I hear they take longer to kick in then the others...

I use clear gelatin capsules, never tried the veggie ones.  It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of the two capsule types, because rumor has it that veggie take longer to digest.  Sometimes I feel the gelatins in 40 mins, other times it takes over a hour.  All factors affect this, like you mentioned (food, metabolism, etc.)  Speaking of longer to digest...

Not too long ago I took about 2.5 grams in gel capsules, and after not feeling anything for an hour, I decided to go to sleep, a bit disappointed.  Needless to say, I woke up tripping shortly afterwards. :eek:  Boy, that was interesting.  The trip must have lasted 8 hours or so, it was incredibly long.  I was up until sunrise on 2.5 grams. Now that's pretty amazing.  Always be prepared for a longer journery on capsules.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4403099 - 07/14/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I usually dont FEEL the capsules until well over an hour, from experience injesting, they seem to start popping then, then 15-30 minutes later (time to digest) your comming up...sometimes it can take 2-3 hours though if you just ate! It is fun though sometimes...but I do like to eat/drink a little with it so your not waiting for the come up...and of course make sure your prepared for a possibly long time. Its fun not knowing how long your gonna trip for, if you can handle it.

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4403956 - 07/14/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

eating them with an apple or peach is awesome...the shrooms stick to the fruit instead of the inbetween-spaces of your teeth :smile: and you don't taste them really at all

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: myndreach]
    #4422333 - 07/19/05 03:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The veggie gel definitely take longer to kick in. One time, one of my first capsule tries actually, I shit you not, it took 3 and 1/2 hours for them to kick in. Which lead to a semi bad trip. Gel caps usually take 1.5 - 2 hours to kick in. I'm talking come up, not full blown tripping.

A good way to shave off maybe a half hour or so on capsules is to squeeze them and loosen the powder. Also pull apart both ends so they barely are held together.

Lately though I've just been taking them straight, they seem more potent this way.

i.e. 5 grams in caps = about 3.5 grams just taken straight. But the caps last probably 2-3 more hours, Which I don't like.

Your mileage may vary.

--------------------
Now go Home.

Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: EvilEwok]
    #4424694 - 07/19/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just tried it works great thats the easiest time i've ever had swallowing 4g of cubes

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need a new way for shrooms w/no taste? Applesauce.. [Re: lowdominion]
    #4501658 - 08/05/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lowdominion said:
just tried it works great thats the easiest time i've ever had swallowing 4g of cubes

Same here, and wanted to bump this thread to report back on it. Best ingestion method I've tried yet. 2-3g's powdered in a small serving of applesauce: you won't taste a thing, and kicks in quickly. A+, nice one Scatmanrav.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4501889 - 08/05/05 10:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hell yeah guys, glad some people liked it :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale