Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTreeheadWoodfist
Stranger
Can someone tell me what grow method this is?
    #4399214 - 07/13/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It doesn't look like a cake method, but damn it produces results:

http://www.thehawkseye.com/eq/ecu_cl3_bs.jpg

Here's the page the picture links are off of:

http://www.thehawkseye.com/eq/eq.html

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before. Yes I am new to cultivation, but the cake method doesn't seem to produce the yield I'm looking for. A simple point to a grow guide for this method is all I ask.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: TreeheadWoodfist]
    #4399237 - 07/13/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It looks like it was grown off pasteurized horse poo, like this:

Basically, take your cakes and break them up (cheese grater works well) with pasteurized horse poo. After the colonizes (fully, into a solid brick, like jars) you put a non nuterious layer on it to hold in moisture (peat moss and vermiculite) Theres a tek in the FAQ, along with TONS of info there on all this basic stuff.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineTreeheadWoodfist
Stranger
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4399824 - 07/13/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You mean break the cakes up and mix them with pasteurized hoarse poo?

Does it HAVE to be hoarse poo (or poo in general)? I sort of have someone in this house that would flip if they found out I was culturing shrooms, so strong smells would be a problem.

Also, I read a few methods that don't involve mixing the cakes with anything at all - simply spreading the broken-up cakes ontop of a virmaculite layer, then spreading a "casing layer" ontop of that. Is this the same basic method? And if so, what would be the best ingredients for the "casing layer", which wouldn't smell too much?

Edited by TreeheadWoodfist (07/13/05 01:13 PM)

OfflineSe77vN
PIMP

Loc: Southwest
    #4399829 - 07/13/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You sound like your living with your parents.

If so, growing is a BAD idea.

My $.02

--------------------
A piece of advice before we part:
Don't knock of Death's door. Instead ring Deaths doorbell and run away, Death really hates that!

OfflineTreeheadWoodfist
Stranger
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: Se77vN]
    #4399856 - 07/13/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I live with my father, but I'm no stranger to growing things. I've grown weed before with no problems, so I don't see why culturing shrooms would be any different. The only problem is like I said - using something that gives off a very powerful odor, like manuer and such.

Either way, I've no choice. Shrooms are nearly impossible to find around here, and when you do find them, they're around $30/8th. I'd definitely prefer to culture a few OZs for under 100 bucks rather than buy the same amount for hundreds.

Edited by TreeheadWoodfist (07/13/05 01:23 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: Se77vN]
    #4399865 - 07/13/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Se77vN said:
You sound like your living with your parents.

If so, growing is a BAD idea.

My $.02

This is true. If not living with parents...poo doesnt smell at all aged properly. It should be horse, though cow can work, NOT the crap you get from the stores...you may get results, you may not..but they wont be like in the picture.

You can crumble the cakes and spread out the casing layer, but it will bascially give you cake shrooms...a casing layer has no nutrition or smell as well and can be made of peat moss and verm (best) or coco coir and verm. Any of those three ingredients can be used on their own but not as well. Peat moss needs a buffer (limestone) added. All this does is add moisture to the cakes though it doesnt change the substrate...when you mix the cakes with the poo, you turn the poo into the substrate since you use 5 cake size jars of poo, to every cake you have..so it multiplies your substrate by 5 or more, while adding great nutes found only in poo. You definatly wont get the same results as the pics shown without horse poo, or lots of whole grains, even then results wont be quite the same.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4399868 - 07/13/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

horse poo doesn't give off a strong odor...during the growing process.

it does smell during the pastuerizing process...its a rich earthy smell.
but it goes away after that.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineTreeheadWoodfist
Stranger
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: Roadkill]
    #4399879 - 07/13/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well I guess you'd have to be here to know what I mean. I can't use poo in any form, mainly for two reasons. One being I don't even want to CHANCE having any smells around, and the other being I live in Rhode Island, and they don't exactly sell hoarse crap in general stores. Aren't any farms around here, either.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4399907 - 07/13/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TreeheadWoodfist said:

Either way, I've no choice. Shrooms are nearly impossible to find around here, and when you do find them, they're around $30/8th. I'd definitely prefer to culture a few OZs for under 100 bucks rather than buy the same amount for hundreds.

sounds like the pf cake method is for you then.

no smells and you can get the amount you are looking for...for less than $100.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

OfflineTreeheadWoodfist
Stranger
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: Roadkill]
    #4399997 - 07/13/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I'm definitely going to start it with the PF cake method. But I think rather than the hassle of keeping up a terrarium, I'm going to just break the cakes up and case them, using a fruitation chamber to keep up the humidity. The method I've thought of (probably done by someone else, although I thought of it without looking into documentation) was making a make-shift fruitation chamber using a large cooler, with clear plastic wrap replacing the cover. It would be great for keeping in humidity, and the clear plastic would allow light to get in there, rather than the standard air (and light) tight cover the cooler comes with.

I will also line the inside of the cooler with plastic, to help aid in the containing of the humidity. It generally stays around 75 degrees (F) in the place I'll be growing, so keeping humidity at 90% inside the fruitation chamber won't be a problem. As for the casing chamber, I'll probably use a shoebox or something plastic of similar size.

edit: BTW, I was planning to use Equador strain syringe from this site: http://www.thehawkseye.com/

It was linked from a guide here so I'm sure it's credible.

But would Equador be the best for this method? I was thinking Penis Envy (I've had these before and they're awesome), but I dunno if this method would work with them.

Edited by TreeheadWoodfist (07/13/05 02:06 PM)

Offlinemickeymicmic
word

#4400101 - 07/13/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you grew weed and your concerned about smells from poo? im not about to use it myself, but i find that funny.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: mickeymicmic]
    #4400173 - 07/13/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mickeymicmic said:

you grew weed and your concerned about smells from poo? im not about to use it myself, but i find that funny.

me too

:rofl:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

OfflineTreeheadWoodfist
Stranger
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: mickeymicmic]
    #4400188 - 07/13/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well I grew weed in an enclosed, airtight closet with a tube running out for fresh air (yet the tube didn't let out smells). I can't use this method for shroom culturing because it needs indirect sunlight, and I don't trust my shroom culturing skills enough yet to fool around with my flourescent lights for culturing shrooms. Hence, a bathroom we don't use anymore will suffice.

I know it sounds really sketchy, but a bathtub is the easiest place I can think of to keep sterile, and no one has gone into the old bathroom in over a year - no one has a reason to. I would keep the bath curtain draped in front of the fruitation chamber to prevent exposition. Not too bright in there, not too dark. The upstairs isn't cooled, so it stays around 75-80 degrees up there during the summer here in RI. Pretty much perfect up there for growing shrooms, with a little tinkering in the fruitation chamber.

Edited by TreeheadWoodfist (07/13/05 03:04 PM)

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
    #4400250 - 07/13/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, if you are wise in any manner, you will not cultivate shrooms in your dad's house. Seriously, when he finds out, he will kick your ass out. It really sounds like you are lying anyways (weed smell, airtight closets with air tubes,and an unused bathroom on an unused second florr of a housr), so i'm just warning you, what you are about to undertake is a horribly stupid idea.

--------------------
8 years now! lol

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4400331 - 07/13/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TreeheadWoodfist said:
I've grown weed before with no problems, so I don't see why culturing shrooms would be any different.

NO offense, but this is really stupid. You realize the felonies you are subjecting your father to by growing in his house? Don't you give a crap about the things he is doing for you?

Total disrespect.

OfflineTreeheadWoodfist
Stranger
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: myndreach]
    #4400374 - 07/13/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not about to recieve lectures from you folk. I know the consequences, and I'm always prepared to recieve them as an adult - although you all know as well as I how hard it is to get caught doing any of this, as most people don't care. My father probably wouldn't care, either. It's not like I'm some 13 year old wanting to purposely start mischief - you don't know me, so you're in no position to judge. I'm simply someone coming to what I thought was a nice community to ask simple questions. I didn't know I'd be bombarded with accusations which have nothing to do with the subject matter. I've done nothing thus far to provoke anyone.

Quote:

It really sounds like you are lying anyways (weed smell, airtight closets with air tubes,and an unused bathroom on an unused second florr of a housr)

You mean to tell me you've never heard of this method before? It's simple enough - a closet with proper lighting installed (in my case, a 1000-watt flourescent light), and a small air tube running inside to keep the air fresh. Hell, some people use this for their fruiting chambers, so I don't see how you think it so unbelievable.

3 years ago, my grandmother moved into a new house so the upstairs where she used to live is now vacant. Me and my father live downstairs, so the upstairs isn't cooled or anything - perfect for culturing.

Edited by TreeheadWoodfist (07/13/05 03:49 PM)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #4400439 - 07/13/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4403856 - 07/14/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TreeheadWoodfist said:
you don't know me, so you're in no position to judge.

We know enough to know you are commiting a felony in your father's home without his knowledge or permission. That is enough to judge that you are an inconsiderate and disrespectful son.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can someone tell me what grow method this is? [Re: myndreach]
    #4404000 - 07/14/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think people relize that mushrooms are equivilant to herion or acid in the laws eyes, and your creating that substance...

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4404403 - 07/14/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TreeheadWoodfist said:
- although you all know as well as I how hard it is to get caught doing any of this

it's easy to get caught, you dont even have to tell anyone about it but things happen sometimes.

Quote:

as most people don't care. My father probably wouldn't care, either.

would he care about spending 10 years in prison, even if the state doesnt
prosecute him the feds can and usualy do, they figure if it was in his house, he
must have known about it. it doesnt matter though, it's not like he'll have a
house, it'll get siezed under the RICO act... have you told him you plan on
growing illegal substances in his house?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag