Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

refining expectation with salvia
    #4398897 - 07/13/05 05:59 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

too much is too much too little too little
but what is right.
& when is right?

I usually prepare my pipe in advance right after the last smoke - to steer the next experience more or less according.

this morning I switched on the coffee and sat on a couch to take my inhallation. closed eyes after 20 seconds and began to exhale, my limbs seemed to be lengthenning, subtly
I could have opened eyes and denied it.
Then I was stretched (comfortably) to immensely long strips of familiar body parts. I am not sure I could have denied that.
I peeked opened eyes to hear the coffee perking.
closed eyes and the world was composed of glossy puzzle pieces strewn and stacked and working together.
I could have denied it but it was a persistent impression and vision integrating with opened eyes.
I had my pen and pad and did write a little log entry.
after coffee was poured, a few interesting things continued, then breakfast and bath....

what would you expect?
what could you expect?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: refining expectation with salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4398912 - 07/13/05 06:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Please keep 'em coming!!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: refining expectation with salvia [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4399051 - 07/13/05 08:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

an hour later I seem to understand all the puzzle pieces as wave forms of arizing sensation and thought that are ungrasped flowing as is (by not reacting) and that these impressions expand beyond their 'normal confines' and seem to be shiny puzzle piece edges instead of flat dimensional surface.

I have seen that many times before and equate it to the allover patterns in alex grey paintings, often as eyes or lotus bits, or for me, crayfish, trains, elves, etc...

====

and an hour later, after driving to work, I must say I hate driving, lingering puzzle thoughts are not good for driving.
all safe, work is fine.

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4399261 - 07/13/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Glad all is well.

What a drag to have to jump into THAT much reality so soon after...

Maybe it'll end up for the best that way though...
Stranger things have been known to happen.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4399527 - 07/13/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I get the eyes a lot from mushrooms- for some reason its usually during a negative period of the trip. Once, there were thousands blinking at me. Another time, a white ceiling filled with a pattern of the egyptian-looking eye. I always see that egyptian-looking eye. LAst week, my nephew came over witha henna tattoo of "the eye of ra," which is a symbol of the pharoahs. It was exactly the eye that I always see! I know that alex grey uses eyes as symbols for consciousness. what do you think it all means?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: refining expectation with salvia [Re: nycomyco]
    #4399880 - 07/13/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think it means that the flat surfaces extrude naturally to 3D embossed decorations and this 3D world extrudes to 4D embossed layers while entheogenized - this principle of extruding or extending is an effect of the basic principle of mind known as association. (associative thought)
It is also realted strongly to the simmilarity of visual experience to all other experience, all of it mentated equally on the crumpled up 2-D reaction surface of the cortex of our brains. (if you flatten out the average cortex it would probably be around 22sq feet)

The world we see is a reflection of the one we process into being - partly from vision, and the rest from mentation. It hangs in our mind space from a series of glances and is serviced by changes of visual sensation and expectation.

It is amazing to see the extra layers come to life. Everything is linked to this inner totality (our minds), and everything is linked within it.

So when a surface (in 2D) or space (in 3D) becomes wallpapered or embossed with a reppetition of elements, mind itself is affirming its plasticity and vitality.

The elements may mean as much as you wish them to mean, though I reccommend not getting superstitious about any of them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies