Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeva1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Too warm for fruiting?
    #4398985 - 07/13/05 07:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

First attempt at a bulk grow - the WBS jars are colonizing nicely in my 80-84 degree temps (don't ya just love the south). Thinking of using the double tub tek and wondering what temps I need to get the room down to for fruiting. I expect I'll get problems with overlay or funky shaped fruits if I were not to cool the space down some? Its a medium sized bedroom with a good overhead fan and a window AC unit. Could I put the window AC unit on a timer of some sort to get an even lower temperature. How have others delt with keeping a stable cool temperature trying to grow in the hot summer?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrCubensis
Male

Re: Too warm for fruiting? [Re: deva1]
    #4399011 - 07/13/05 07:46 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hi. I have the same problem.

With temps about 74 F - 83F I have a cake fruiting. Some times I put an iced bottle near of the fruiting chamber.

Good luck.

--------------------

"Ever tried. Ever failed. Never mind. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." Samuel Beckett.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4399036 - 07/13/05 08:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

deva1 said:
Its a medium sized bedroom with a good overhead fan and a window AC unit. Could I put the window AC unit on a timer of some sort to get an even lower temperature. How have others delt with keeping a stable cool temperature trying to grow in the hot summer?

Sounds like you won't have any problems getting the temps down with your setup. Normally, a 10 degree drop in temp will initiate fruiting. If the AC has a thermostat, set it to 72-74 degrees. You can do a timer too. I don't think that you can get the mushrooms too cold, unless you are running the AC constantly. Everything should be fine. GL :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Too warm for fruiting? [Re: FooMan]
    #4399105 - 07/13/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you can't get the AC high enuff, you can just move the fruiting chamber closer to it..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: Too warm for fruiting? [Re: FooMan]
    #4399112 - 07/13/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
Quote:

deva1 said:
Its a medium sized bedroom with a good overhead fan and a window AC unit. Could I put the window AC unit on a timer of some sort to get an even lower temperature. How have others delt with keeping a stable cool temperature trying to grow in the hot summer?

Normally, a 10 degree drop in temp will initiate fruiting.

10 degrees is a lot..i've never had a problem with fruiting by dropping the temps 2 or 3 degrees.

Offlinedeva1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too warm for fruiting? [Re: Tien]
    #4399271 - 07/13/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the replies all - I know dropping the temps to initiate fruiting will be easy, I am more worried about having to keep that lower temperature stable througout the fruiting stage - I'll probably have to run the AC unit like hell! Once the pins are set could temps be higher, anyone ever done a fruiting in the 80 degree range? I know mushrooms fruit outside in the 80's and nineties in tropical regions. If my AC unit had a thermostat I would be golden, and I'm not sure that the unit will be able to come on and off with a timer, I know stability is important in the fruit stage. Any high temp growers out there pull one off?

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
    #4399286 - 07/13/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

if you have or get a martha the temp inside will always be 2 to 3 degrees warmer then the room temp,so you will have to get a temp in your room thats about 71 to 72 degrees!!!!that prob.goes for a rubbermaid too!!!!!

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Too warm for fruiting? [Re: sludge]
    #4399290 - 07/13/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I fruit in about 80 degrees. My room temp is probably 75-77, but inside my closet, heat builds up well and it gets to the low 80's with the light on and only a few degrees cooler with it off (77-80 off, 79-82 on probably, give or take). You need to make sure all other conditions are perfect, especially air exchange. It CAN be done, but often people run into problems not following everything else correctly.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinedeva1
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Too warm for fruiting? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4406539 - 07/15/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks-

Going for a timer on the AC unit hopefully keeping it around 75, lots of outside fan circulation, and double-tubbin' the almighty WBS.
We shall see..........should lead to something interesting

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract