Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Don't let the bastards get you down.
    #4399121 - 07/13/05 11:03 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

This is a very special song for me. I went to see an acoustic concert with Kris Kristofferson last year during the hardest part of my entire life. I felt an incredibly strong bond, and he really spoke to my heart that night.  :heart:

May you all have joy and happiness. This forum is a graceful presence.

Don't Let The Bastards (Get You Down)

They're killing babies in the name of freedom.
We've been down that sorry road before.
They let us hang around a little longer than they should've.
It's too late to fool us anymore.

We've seen the ones, who killed the ones with vision,
Cold blooded murder right before your eyes
Today they hold the power, and the money, and the guns.
It's getting hard to listen to their lies.

I just gotta wonder what my daddy would've done,
If he'd seen the way they turned his dream around.
I've gotta go by what he told me:
"Try to tell the truth and stand your ground.
Don't let the bastards get you down."

Mining roads
Killing farmers
Blowing up schools full of children
Fighting communism

I just gotta wonder what my daddy would've done
If he'd seen the way they turned his dream around.
I've gotta go by what he told me:
"Try to tell the truth and stand your ground.
Don't let the bastards get you down."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Don't let the bastards get you down. [Re: dorkus]
    #4399148 - 07/13/05 11:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Can't let it get you down, because there is only strength in numbers.  The majority feels compelled to agree, be content with, and not rebell against what their leaders decisions ultimately are.

Which is understandable, I mean, who really has the energy to fight when you are workin an office jerk for 50 hours of the week? This is why most liberals equal societal scum, because most are 'deprogrammed' if you will, of the governement funded jobs and education...and have time to reflect on what really is going on.  To be a spectator pays greatly, for personal wealth of knowledge and understanding.

Now I am not saying that persoanlly just because I have these views, means I am not wanting to continue education (public univ) or not have income for my 'bils' they I presume 'neccessary of the age', haha.  But when I find my way around it, you know Im taking that road.

The hole is so deep.  Dont let the bastards get you down, because we can't change it.  Not by ourselves.  We need the numbers,  we need the inner glitches kinked out, we need to know what's really going on.  our governemnt couldn't get us outta the rut, we certainly can't.

Dont let the bastards get you down.  Thats why i have temporarily given up on fighting for the politics i like to hear, but havent ignored the situation.  Just a little disappointed.

-end rant :grin:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4399162 - 07/13/05 11:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have struggled with this for most of my adult life.  I wanted to stop the violence and pain. I felt it was evil and I had to tell them and make them see. I became more and more disillusioned until I believed that the human race was a failure and that included me.

I now think and feel differently about this.  I feel that everything that happens to me and to you and to the world has a purpose. That purpose is experience. There is nothing that has to be done or fixed for it to be alright. I now have more love in my life than I could have imagined at one time. Yet I wasn't able to fix anything. I had to surrender to what  my life was and it just started to change on its own.

The last thing I would have thought.  Duh! That's me. :grin: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: Don't let the bastards get you down. [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4399164 - 07/13/05 11:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

See him wasted on the sidewalk in his jacket and his jeans,
Wearin' yesterday's misfortunes like a smile
Once he had a future full of money, love, and dreams,
Which he spent like they was goin' outa style
And he keeps right on a'changin' for the better or the worse,
Searchin' for a shrine he's never found
Never knowin' if believin' is a blessin' or a curse,
Or if the goin' up was worth the comin' down

He's a poet, he's a picker
He's a prophet, he's a pusher
He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned
He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,
Takin' ev'ry wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

He has tasted good and evil in your bedrooms and your bars,
And he's traded in tomorrow for today
Runnin' from his devils, Lord, and reachin' for the stars,
And losin' all he's loved along the way
But if this world keeps right on turnin' for the better or the worse,
And all he ever gets is older and around
From the rockin' of the cradle to the rollin' of the hearse,
The goin' up was worth the comin' down

He's a poet, he's a picker
He's a prophet, he's a pusher
He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned
He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,
Takin' ev'ry wrong direction on his lonely way back home.
There's a lotta wrong directions on that lonely way back home.

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: Don't let the bastards get you down. [Re: Icelander]
    #4399170 - 07/13/05 11:26 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The last thing I would have thought.

:heart: :thumbup:

Love is like a train...
Female

#4399177 - 07/13/05 11:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I have struggled with this for most of my adult life.  I wanted to stop the violence and pain. I felt it was evil and I had to tell them and make them see. I became more and more disillusioned until I believed that the human race was a failure and that included me.

I now think and feel differently about this.  I feel that everything that happens to me and to you and to the world has a purpose. That purpose is experience. There is nothing that has to be done or fixed for it to be alright. I now have more love in my life than I could have imagined at one time. Yet I wasn't able to fix anything. I had to surrender to what  my life was and it just started to change on its own.

Exactly :smile:  I also like to think that everything happens for the purpose of experience.  But through all the 'research' and 'history' life has so graciously taught me, you would think that this would have already been achieved.

How long does it take to keep learning the same lessons over and over again as a whole, and make it stick?

I would like to think there is purpose.  i would like to think its an experience.  but every generation does not need to see the war on terror, or oil...

i saw this in history class, and thats what these decisions should cease to be, history.  the powers too strong to cease war?  peace is dangerous in the race.

I try icelander :grin:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

#4399184 - 07/13/05 11:32 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

but what is ever the right direction?

the wrongs can signify the rights, the wrongs are equal to the rights, in perspective-eyes, in out of perspective eyes, through blind eyes.

From me to you to paper to perception, everything is altered in that instint. Any information, opinion, truth, farse, love, hate...

Its great.

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

#4399187 - 07/13/05 11:33 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

dr, good lyrics BTW. :smile:

nothin like some mind trashin release in the mornin!  sorry for the ramblings, i know i get off the topics sometimes.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4399283 - 07/13/05 12:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4399369 - 07/13/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Violence is part of being human. We are merely animals in a struggle for dominance and survival. To animals violence is natural. The difference is that we have an analytical mind that often leads us to unecessary violence. This is a cross our species will bear to it's collective grave. It does not mean we have failed...it simply means that we are human and imperfect which is the natural condition.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Don't let the bastards get you down. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4399424 - 07/13/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Violence is part of being human.

While that might be fact, as it stands right now, it is certainly, in no way, shape, or form, implied that violence is a necessary part of being human, or that it has to be a part of being human.

Quote:

We are merely animals in a struggle for dominance and survival.

We are merely that which we choose to be. Our being is capable of taking any form or nature. To define ourselves only in what has already been, as if we are that right now, or that we will forever be that as well, is detrimental to our ability to manifest ourselves in any possible way.

That is the nature of transformation and that of change. We would probably not suspect the butterfly as once being the caterpillar if we were not privleged to the process of its transformation. We are capable of interacting with our environment, taking steps of change in every moment, it can lead to wherever we wish for it to lead. Violence is in no way a definition of our character as a species, it is simply a trait that we have expressed before and have a conscious choice whether we are to express it or not right now, or in the future.

:smirk: :stoned:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Don't let the bastards get you down. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4399663 - 07/13/05 02:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"We are merely that which we choose to be."
Individually...but collectively we have not advanced that far. Do not construe my post to endorse violence. I was stating that it must be accepted as part of our innate species nature in order to control it. This nature is still relevant to our survival as well...maybe one day it will not be...but for now it is a reality.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4399841 - 07/13/05 03:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Exactly :smile:  I also like to think that everything happens for the purpose of experience.  But through all the 'research' and 'history' life has so graciously taught me, you would think that this would have already been achieved.

How long does it take to keep learning the same lessons over and over again as a whole, and make it stick?

I would like to think there is purpose.  i would like to think its an experience.  but every generation does not need to see the war on terror, or oil...

i saw this in history class, and thats what these decisions should cease to be, history.  the powers too strong to cease war?  peace is dangerous in the race.

I try icelander :grin:

I'm saying here that everything has purpose. But it's not our purpose. The light and darkness need each other for wholeness.  It's in flux for eternity without end. It is very easy to take this all personally. But it is not, it is Tao.

Now as Hue points out. One my not change the world but you can align yourself with Tao and have a more pleasant experience amidst the chaos.
__________________________________________________________-
We are merely that which we choose to be. Our being is capable of taking any form or nature. To define ourselves only in what has already been, as if we are that right now, or that we will forever be that as well, is detrimental to our ability to manifest ourselves in any possible way.

I like this and believe it. It is not opposed to what I am saying here. It's like earth is experience 101 (the human, animal, planet, plant) experience. But there is no end point, we just keep moving.

I noticed something interesting when I quit watching TV, and reading newspapers.  I dwelt much less on violence. I noticed it much less. It was easier to feel loving and joyful.  Nothing in the world has changed. I have barely thought about Bush this year. The year before I thought about him and the war everyday and I felt bad. Now I don't. I am more happy and loving and that effects the people in my direct sphere of influence. So you can't really say I don't care and am part of the problem. My new theory of life is being tested out. It seems to be working. But this is just a best guess for now.  As many of you may have noticed about me, and my partner has pointed out recently. I am all over the place trying on new hats. I know I am not consistent. I also know I am just a beginner, noticing spirit for the first time as a living thing in me. So.....  indulge me please. :grin: :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4399853 - 07/13/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Good point.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Don't let the bastards get you down. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4399874 - 07/13/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"We are merely that which we choose to be."
Individually...but collectively we have not advanced that far. Do not construe my post to endorse violence. I was stating that it must be accepted as part of our innate species nature in order to control it. This nature is still relevant to our survival as well...maybe one day it will not be...but for now it is a reality.

I didn't perceive you as endorsing violence, and I agree with you completely. :wink: Acceptance of every aspect of the universe as it stands is absolutely necessary for one to have a direct experience of reality as it occurs. Acceptance is agreeing with reality, and not accepting an aspect of reality is struggling agansit a riptide which is unrelenting. :smirk:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4400551 - 07/13/05 06:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Or, as my mother likes to say, "Non Carburundum Illegitimatus."

(The Latin adds a nice touch.)

Offlinefuckmylife12
Stranger
    #16633768 - 08/02/12 03:11 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Too late..

Quote:

AbstractHarmonix said:
Can't let it get you down, because there is only strength in numbers.  The majority feels compelled to agree, be content with, and not rebell against what their leaders decisions ultimately are.

Which is understandable, I mean, who really has the energy to fight when you are workin an office jerk for 50 hours of the week? This is why most liberals equal societal scum, because most are 'deprogrammed' if you will, of the governement funded jobs and education...and have time to reflect on what really is going on.  To be a spectator pays greatly, for personal wealth of knowledge and understanding.

Now I am not saying that persoanlly just because I have these views, means I am not wanting to continue education (public univ) or not have income for my 'bils' they I presume 'neccessary of the age', haha.  But when I find my way around it, you know Im taking that road.

The hole is so deep.  Dont let the bastards get you down, because we can't change it.  Not by ourselves.  We need the numbers,  we need the inner glitches kinked out, we need to know what's really going on.  our governemnt couldn't get us outta the rut, we certainly can't.

Dont let the bastards get you down.  Thats why i have temporarily given up on fighting for the politics i like to hear, but havent ignored the situation.  Just a little disappointed.

-end rant :grin:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Don't let the bastards get you down. [Re: fuckmylife12]
    #16634013 - 08/02/12 03:47 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Fuckmywife? What kind of handle is that?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#16638215 - 08/03/12 07:24 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Fuckmywife? What kind of handle is that?

:lol: You sure do see what you want to see, eh? :tongue:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Don't let the bastards get you down. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #16638222 - 08/03/12 07:27 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

whatever do you mean? :bashful:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology