Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetibberous
Stranger
Getting fruiting chamber in parameters...
    #4398990 - 07/13/05 07:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Swim is trying to fruit but his chamber is a bit off. Right now it is staying 80 degrees with 80% humidity.

Would perlite be the best way to get the humidity up?

Also, he has been using a 45 watt floro for about 5 hours a night (done at night so it doesn't overheat). Is that good?

Thanks.

Btw. Aussie and B+ if it matters.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting fruiting chamber in parameters... [Re: tibberous]
    #4399013 - 07/13/05 07:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

For cakes, probably. But if you have casings in there, misting the casing itself and the walls is more than enough humidity.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting fruiting chamber in parameters... [Re: tibberous]
    #4399019 - 07/13/05 07:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you are growing cakes, you definitely need the humidity to come up closer to 100%. Perlite is a good way to do it. As far as light, I think people stress too much about it. I have forgotten jars in a closet before and discovered mushrooms growing in them from just the light that came in from me opening/closing the closet for very brief periods of time.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: Getting fruiting chamber in parameters... [Re: FooMan]
    #4399107 - 07/13/05 08:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
If you are growing cakes, you definitely need the humidity to come up closer to 100%. Perlite is a good way to do it. As far as light, I think people stress too much about it. I have forgotten jars in a closet before and discovered mushrooms growing in them from just the light that came in from me opening/closing the closet for very brief periods of time.

You will get fruits with minimal light, but i would suggest buying a smaller flouro. like a 33watt or even a 20 will work just fine. 12hrs on / 12hrs off. Those are optimal conditions as far as light goes for pinning.

Perlite is a good way to raise humidity, if done right it will stabilize between 95 and 98. Also, do you have a good hygrometer? or did you buy one from wal-mart or a reptile shop. Many of those max out right around 80. You can buy a good one off ebay for around $20 with shipping that will measure up to 99% with a +-1% accuracy rate. The ones at wal-mart or reptile shops are usually +-5% accuracy.

Happy trails and GL

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract