Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Alien Invasions Re Us
    #4398997 - 07/13/05 09:34 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

In the movies and Sci-Fi it's always some other-worldly plot against humans like the 'Body Snatchers' and about ten new things on TV.

But why not show what it would be like if the Earth took over other planets? Would we be nice or good to them? I think our fear of invasion is homocentric and based in our own greedy and insincere motives towards ourselves.

At the very least, how about an invasion movie where the invaders are less intelligent than us, and they become our pets. I mean, there are other space invader themes.

--------------------
...or something

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleroby000
me
 User Gallery

Loc: nazi poland
Re: Alien Invasions Re Us [Re: eve69]
    #4399080 - 07/13/05 10:40 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

or how about if they invade a planet thats made of 75 percent water and then relize they are allergic to water... maybe the guy who made the village could make a movie about that... and throw a christianity theme into it also....

best alien move was mars attacks.
oh there was a series called space above and beyond and it was about us colonizing planets, and waring with aliens on those planets... so i guess thats kindof what youre looking for.

--------------------

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Alien Invasions Re Us [Re: roby000]
    #4399202 - 07/13/05 11:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Pretty much. I once started a script about a human spacefaring race of Catholic Vikings which go from sentient planet to sentient planet raping, pillaging, destroying, while spreading their religion. Their ship could have been named POX, or something.

I didn't want to just come out with it, that I think we humans are egoic, selfish and small minded, even the best of us. I didn't want to go there. I was hoping someone else woould say it. I hate to proseltyze.

On Earth I cannot find anyone better than the Dalai Lama for wisdom. Except maybe the old black man at the corner store.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4399206 - 07/13/05 11:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

eve69 said:
In the movies and Sci-Fi it's always some other-worldly plot against humans like the 'Body Snatchers' and about ten new things on TV.

But why not show what it would be like if the Earth took over other planets? Would we be nice or good to them? I think our fear of invasion is homocentric and based in our own greedy and insincere motives towards ourselves.

At the very least, how about an invasion movie where the invaders are less intelligent than us, and they become our pets. I mean, there are other space invader themes.

umm.. "amistad"?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Invisibleroby000
me
 User Gallery

Re: Alien Invasions Re Us [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4399215 - 07/13/05 11:44 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

eve if you want just change it to a race of aliens that arent humans and set it somewhere that isnt earth, alot of sci fi dose this. it will subtlely hide your message about humans being assholes. i saw the dali lamma in florida about a year ago. he let people ask him some questions but they ruined them with questions like "what do you think of alquieda" and "whats the meaning of life" i would have asked something more around the lines of what is your favorite food. or what did you have for lunch today.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4399222 - 07/13/05 11:49 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yea, how about invasion of Naboo by Trade Federation? If you consider that those Neimoidians were people in latex suits, then it is an invasion of humans

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4399226 - 07/13/05 11:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

the earth and government is alrady taking over other planets.

thats why it isnt considered Sci-fi, its in current events, and wallstreet journal :lol:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisibleroby000
me
 User Gallery

Re: Alien Invasions Re Us [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4399231 - 07/13/05 11:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

what are you talking about?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4399235 - 07/13/05 11:54 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

didn't you se those new slaves coming in to work in giant supermarkets, where do you think they come from, earth?  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisibleroby000
me
 User Gallery

Re: Alien Invasions Re Us [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4399240 - 07/13/05 11:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

the walmart night stalkers are aliens? and not immigrants? woah. all hail the mighty earh empire!!!

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4399250 - 07/13/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Its what we actually dont hear about.

i was being mighty sarcastic about the publications of it.

anywhoo, america and russia are already in, and have been in the midst of national star wars claims, ever since the 'first man on the moon'.

just because that was what we heard about in the books and on the tele, doesnt mean that that was the first man on the moon.  maybe the first man able to be photographed and written about, from the moon, haha.

we are in the dark of the star wars, and if they made sci-fi movies of it, it might arise too many minds and questions.  sci fi is like a psychedelic, the governement doesnt like it because it leaves room for thought.... :rotfl:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4399276 - 07/13/05 12:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

roby000 said:
the walmart night stalkers are aliens? and not immigrants? woah. all hail the mighty earh empire!!!

well alien is another word for immigrant, isn't it?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4399280 - 07/13/05 12:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
Its what we actually dont hear about.

i was being mighty sarcastic about the publications of it.

anywhoo, america and russia are already in, and have been in the midst of national star wars claims, ever since the 'first man on the moon'.

just because that was what we heard about in the books and on the tele, doesnt mean that that was the first man on the moon.  maybe the first man able to be photographed and written about, from the moon, haha.

we are in the dark of the star wars, and if they made sci-fi movies of it, it might arise too many minds and questions.  sci fi is like a psychedelic, the governement doesnt like it because it leaves room for thought.... :rotfl:

sometimes not thinking is what is best for humans. Most humans are stupid, so thinking can lead them into ingorance ONLY with no exeptions

--------------------

Offlinescribble
Stranger
    #4399282 - 07/13/05 12:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

But why not show what it would be like if the Earth took over other planets? Would we be nice or good to them?

um... Starship Troopers

Quote:

or how about if they invade a planet thats made of 75 percent water and then relize they are allergic to water

... War of the Worlds... and Signs

Aliens trying to take us over is a much more common theme but other storylines are out there

--------------------
Mahayana Buddhist tradition tells how Buddha lived on one hemp seed a day.
This was enough to sustain him during the six steps of asceticism leading to his Enlightenment.
In recent centuries, higher doses have been favoured.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4399384 - 07/13/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

" I once started a script about a human spacefaring race of Catholic Vikings which go from sentient planet to sentient planet raping, pillaging, destroying, while spreading their religion."

Vikings did not attempt to spread their religion. Wherever they settled they also brought law and civilization...as well as the pillaging and destruction.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4399459 - 07/13/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

roby000 said:
the walmart night stalkers are aliens?  and not immigrants?  woah.  all hail the mighty earh empire!!!

Completely baseless! Source?

And its "stockers". All stockers have a background check and drug test, the world's largest corporation certainly isn't going to make themselves hugely liable for severe government penalties for hiring illegal immigrants. That simply is not business sense. :lol:

There was, however, allegations of this nature, stemming from the fact that a cleaning company (or some sort of outside company that did contract work) was employing illegal immigrants. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Alien Invasions Re Us [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4399909 - 07/13/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Vikings did not attempt to spread their religion. Wherever they settled they also brought law and civilization...as well as the pillaging and destruction.

Yeah, I'm not down on Vikings. I just liked the berserker mentality of them. Truth is that Vikings are one of the only truely anarchistic societies ever. Which makes them pretty cool. :thumbup:

--------------------
...or something

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4399934 - 07/13/05 03:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

you can have anarchy with wooden boats, goats and horns on your head, but our modern society is so complex that anarchy would destroy all of it.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #4399955 - 07/13/05 03:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that any alien race advanced enough to master interstellar travel wouldn't need anything from us. that's why alien invasion movies have always seemed kinda dumb to me.

From a soace traveller's veiwpoint, Earth is probably the backwoods of the universe. Why would anyone want to come to this shithole? We haven't even figured out how to leave our own solar system yet. That would be like putting a NYC kid in a third world country.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Alien Invasions Re Us [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4400333 - 07/13/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"We haven't even figured out how to leave our own solar system yet."
Really? We have already had 3 spacecraft leave the solar system....all of them using 60s and 70s technology. Your appraisal of city people as being superior to rural people is also questionable.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology