Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
where else? where else but here.
    #4398971 - 07/13/05 09:13 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the same.

Two distinct types of individuals have recently come to my attention. Artists, both by trade. the first is musicians and poets, singers songwriters, storytellers. The second is my personal favorite, photographers, the recorders of human culture. specifically american culture.

I think everyone has a little bit of the photographer in them, the need to capture moments and to record history... Of our children, families, friends and ourselves we take photos... of amazing environments weve been in, and of distinguished members of our own society.

But, to the true photographer... It is a calling of immense importance. to understand why, we look at the former of our first examples... The singers and performers... the artists (musical and vocal).

What is art? it is an expression. An expression of a being, almost always human, though considered by some to be divine presense within, or without; guiding the creative force. The performers get on stage and pour their very hearts out, are prepared for no one to care and no one to understand, or perhaps they go up knowing full well that there message will be heard, and this satisfies them. Their stories will be told, and this alone pleases them. Often times it is this facet of the performer that tells the crowd how to react... a self fullfilling prophecy. though that is another story altogether.

The photographer feels the need to create art out of this art form, or perhaps sees the art that can manifest from it... The pure act of recording art is itself, a delicate and punctual art form. Everyone is a photo critic, and that makes it all the more difficult on the photographers psyche.

The idea itself (on both types, musical artists and photographical artists) is simply amazing how the creative force springs from the act of just experiencing. one sits and feels in his life, and then writes it, and then tells the story. to quote Neil Young, "You gotta tell your story boy, you know the reason why". And that is the art! You know the reason why you do it. Just you. but you SHARE it. And someone in the crowd feels it and says "this is history, or; this is amazing; or this is cool". Then they have the urge to record. to document that amazing thing, create it from the living landscape and freeze it to the great records of your re-collection.

and yes its true im crazy.

the only thing bad about being crazy, is that its not a bad crazy... its a wonderful crazy. and i wish i could just shed a fraction of this light onto other peoples lives... but so many dont want the light of truth. "he is crazy" they say. Well that just means i can see how it really works, in wonderful detail... and when i describe it, all i get is art. all i get is poetry. songs. comedy. singing. metaphors. melody. if only we knew we were God. if only more of us could remember before we grow old and have caused so much damage.

now that i see how fragile we are... my foot always lands softly around my brothers and sisters. i was too easily broke... and so are all of you. we are one. the same.

~TCooper aka, Todcasil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: where else? where else but here. [Re: Todcasil]
    #4398977 - 07/13/05 09:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i'm not sure if this is really all that recent of an occurence, but i'm happy to see all your posts in the pub as of late, todcasil!

on the topic of photographers, there is an amazing book called "Amerikansk Bilder" (American Pictures) by a dane named Jacob Holdt - he travelled all around the US, staying with the poorest of the poor and the richest of the rich, and documenting the whole thing. he has a website - http://www.american-pictures.com/ - chk it out!

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #4398981 - 07/13/05 09:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
the only thing bad about being crazy, is that its not a bad crazy... its a wonderful crazy.  and i wish i could just shed a fraction of this light onto other peoples lives...  but so many dont want the light of truth. "he is crazy" they say.  Well that just means i can see how it really works, in wonderful detail... and when i describe it, all i get is art.  all i get is poetry.  songs.  comedy.  singing.  metaphors.  melody.  if only we knew we were God.  if only more of us could remember before we grow old and have caused so much damage.

now that i see how fragile we are... my foot always lands softly around my brothers and sisters.  i was too easily broke... and so are all of you.  we are one.  the same.

~TCooper aka, Todcasil

:thumbup: :heart: :sun:

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: where else? where else but here. [Re: In(di)go]
    #4398993 - 07/13/05 09:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:heart: s to you two, and to shroomery.
:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #4399006 - 07/13/05 09:38 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

www.kiddofspeed.com << not American, but photographic history nonetheless.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinesaz3
DELA-WHERE?

Loc: REPRESENT!
Re: where else? where else but here. [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4399046 - 07/13/05 10:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

graphic designers and photographers always get along, ahhh art school was fun :smile:

--------------------
Only one Jah Rastafari

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: where else? where else but here. [Re: saz3]
    #4399062 - 07/13/05 10:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's those pretentious film students who are the bastards :yesnod:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4399244 - 07/13/05 11:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

thank you todcasil

:grin:

"But, to the true photographer... It is a calling of immense importance. to understand why, we look at the former of our first examples... The singers and performers... the artists (musical and vocal). "

Art and the spawning of inner and external creativity is of the most importance!  Have you experienced the clean vibe lately? :lol:
Do you have The Clean Vibe?

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: where else? where else but here. [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4400174 - 07/13/05 04:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i have not, but will immerse myself in it when the opportunity presents itself :heart:

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub