Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

hated on because you look different ...
    #4396270 - 07/12/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

whether it's your clothes, it's your hairstyle, or however manner you wish to present yourself in, i'm sure we've all been attacked/put down/looked at weird because we choose to be "different" ... and i use quotes for that word, because it's actually quite "normal" for me, but "society" as a whole frowns upon us who rebel against the system

me personally, i'm into the whole mod-scene ... tats, piercings, etc etc and i went on a piercing frenzy a few years ago ... both eyebrows, labret, septum, etc ... but as i grew up and started to enter the "real world" i found job employers looking at me funny because of my piercings, when in reality i know i'm 10x better than the next candidate but get dismissed right away because of my appearance

so what's a man to do? rebel to make a point and take another path, or conform and be like they want us to be?

the reason i'm bringing this up is because i just had this conversation with a girl i've only met a few times, and the first time i met her she was insulting me about every facet of my being: what pants i wore, my shoes, the words i used ... i hate closed-minded people like this who only believe their way is "the only way"

anyways, the only visible piercing i have now is my septum ... i've had it since high school and it helps define who i am. after all, a lot of my friends call me "bullring", but this girl who i previously mentioned, kept on insulting me and saying i'd never get a girlfriend or some other BS like that, when in fact my last g/f also had her septum pierced

well i just wanted to make this post since people like her piss me off. please share any experiences/thoughts on the subject if you'd like

:peace:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: dnL]
    #4396282 - 07/12/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I suppose I dress like a "preppy" or a "pretty boy" so I really don't get hassled that much. Actually, suprisingly, I've been given a hard time by some drug kids. I just wanted to laugh at them and tell them I probably knew more about drugs than they could fathom. Other than that, though, I've been lucky.

I don't give a shit how someone looks. To each their own, that's how I think.

OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
    #4396284 - 07/12/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I feel like I'm in high school in this thread

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4396291 - 07/12/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I know I wouldn't hire that freak

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4396302 - 07/12/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have lots of scars. I usually wear concealing clothing, but that gets impossible in the sizzling Texas heat.

I've had total strangers come up to me and pry into my life about why I have them...once when I was younger, a woman in Subway came up to me, grabbed my arm and started giving me the third degree, asking me where they came from and told me that "she'll pray for me." I appreciated the gesture, but I did not appreciate the way she violated my personal space. I flipped out, pushed her, grabbed my sandwhich and ran away.

That is only the beginning. People have no shame, will ask the most personal questions and say the most hurtful things out of ignorance. I've had people REFUSE to sell me knives at festivals because of my scarring and had police threaten to take me into a psych hospital at a routine traffic stop.

The worst is that I brought it all on myself while being an angsty teen/young adult. I regret what I did, and now I have to live with the consequences.

I understand people being curious, and some people are just ill-informed, but it's the nosy, rude people that irritate me the most on this topic.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #4396303 - 07/12/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

some use their appearance to rebel

I prefer plastique explosives

:evil:

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4396321 - 07/12/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think that a piercing can define who you are. Only you and your actions can truly show the world what kind of being you are. We all have some freak in us. Welcome to freakdom! :smile:

:heart:

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinemikew
Stranger
Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: Redstorm]
    #4396325 - 07/12/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i understand,i have tats,alot but i love the attention,lol :mushroom2:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4396327 - 07/12/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I get a lot of looks depending on where I'm at.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4396363 - 07/12/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MeatSpace said:
I feel like I'm in high school in this thread

my motto and life philosophy since i was 11 years old:

"why would i want to make other people feel the way i hate feeling?"

due to my upbringing my decisions and my appearance (like EVERYONE else) the way Ive been treated, both kindly and horribly, has made me who i am today and i would never change that.

people will always be themselves, its impossible for them to be otherwise, weather you give someone shit for something as shallow and superficial and/or materialistic as piercings or lack of tan or to tight of jeans is a humans perogative, but you dont have reciprocate any of those attitudes to them.

you cant change a persons paradigm about stereotypes and discrimination by discriminating against there attitude towards you.

that doesnt mean you shouldn't be pissed off or whatever, but... Ive rambles way to long for this post SHEESH

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4396393 - 07/12/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I forgot to add, be yourself....fuck conformity, it's your life, you have to live it on your terms, be the way you want to be/are, not what everyone else thinks you should be.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: MOTH]
    #4396401 - 07/12/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I have lots of scars.  I usually wear concealing clothing, but that gets impossible in the sizzling Texas heat. 

I've had total strangers come up to me and pry into my life about why I have them...once when I was younger, a woman in Subway came up to me, grabbed my arm and started giving me the third degree, asking me where they came from and told me that "she'll pray for me."  I appreciated the gesture, but I did not appreciate the way she violated my personal space.  I flipped out, pushed her, grabbed my sandwhich and ran away. 

That is only the beginning.  People have no shame, will ask the most personal questions and say the most hurtful things out of ignorance.  I've had people REFUSE to sell me knives at festivals because of my scarring and had police threaten to take me into a psych hospital at a routine traffic stop. 

The worst is that I brought it all on myself while being an angsty teen/young adult.  I regret what I did, and now I have to live with the consequences. 

I understand people being curious, and some people are just ill-informed, but it's the nosy, rude people that irritate me the most on this topic.

ellemysh!! i love you!! :heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: Todcasil]
    #4396413 - 07/12/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I have lots of scars.  I usually wear concealing clothing, but that gets impossible in the sizzling Texas heat. 

I've had total strangers come up to me and pry into my life about why I have them...once when I was younger, a woman in Subway came up to me, grabbed my arm and started giving me the third degree, asking me where they came from and told me that "she'll pray for me."  I appreciated the gesture, but I did not appreciate the way she violated my personal space.  I flipped out, pushed her, grabbed my sandwhich and ran away. 

That is only the beginning.  People have no shame, will ask the most personal questions and say the most hurtful things out of ignorance.  I've had people REFUSE to sell me knives at festivals because of my scarring and had police threaten to take me into a psych hospital at a routine traffic stop. 

The worst is that I brought it all on myself while being an angsty teen/young adult.  I regret what I did, and now I have to live with the consequences. 

ellemysh!! i love you!! :heart:

Aww...thank you, I love you too!  :flowerchild: :heart:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: blissedout]
    #4396420 - 07/12/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
I don't think that a piercing can define who you are. Only you and your actions can truly show the world what kind of being you are.

isnt getting a peircing a action? a decision?

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

#4396426 - 07/12/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
I forgot to add, be yourself....fuck conformity, it's your life, you have to live it on your terms, be the way you want to be/are, not what everyone else thinks you should be.

i agree. i have no problem with that ... it's just when people try change me or tell me to do something the "right" way, it just pisses me off.

i am who i am. love me or leave me the fuck alone

--------------------

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: MOTH]
    #4396428 - 07/12/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, a lot of people are filth in my opinion.

I have scars too. Particularly, one big one that stretches across my entire left cheek.

Like you say, it's amazing how ignorant people can be. I've had my personal space invaded and my self-esteem taken down a notch many times.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: Spooge]
    #4396469 - 07/12/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

those are the people who live in very constricted mental space entityexperiment.  weather or not their minds will be widened is up to them, and usually if theyre older its to late for them to figure this out on there own and normally it takes an act of god or stupidity to change their path.

:P

:smile:

:sun:

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4396484 - 07/12/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:

Absolutely! :thumbup: And I've found some people can only feel better about themselves when they're putting someone else down. I think that's just sad......

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: hated on because you look different ... [Re: Todcasil]
    #4396495 - 07/12/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

so true, so true.

I don't have hate towards them.  But they sure do frustrate me because I have no idea whatsoever how they can act like that towards others.

But still, much  :heart: out to everyone who isn't so ignorant

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4396516 - 07/12/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dnL said:

so what's a man to do? rebel to make a point and take another path....

Just outta curiosity.... what "point" were you making by getting your face pierced? Were you just affirming for the world that you're over 18 and your parents can't tell you want not to pierce, or did you actually have a "point"?

p.s. I had MANY piercings and stretchings, some irreversible. Mine had no point, though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder