Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebare_head
Stranger
It wern't a seizure it was a blackout
    #4395935 - 07/12/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I taken 3.5grams "dry of Cubies.

About 2 hours in we went to a friends house.

I had began smoking lots of weed, i hadn't eaten any food and was extremely hot at the point i "Blacked out!"

My friend who wern't tripping said i was leaning on his door frame and just fell back and hit my head, he said i began to shake a little (nothing like a seizure) more like a normal reaction when someone hits there head, yeah?

I have heard many say they have had seizures on "shrooms." I very much doubt i had a seizure whatsoever, i simply felt really uncomfortable being there at my mates with lots of people around, had very low blood sugar as i hadn't eatan anything that day and smopked way too much weed whihc contributed to me passing out. (if i did even pass out)

I think most people use the word seizure when someone falls over and begins jerking. I don't believe shrooms cause seizures and i still feel to this day that the shrooms + lots of people + low blood sugar + weed + very hot day = blacking out.

i felt perfectly normal after the trip and have not experienced any type of balckouts sice the last time i tripped. i am defiantely going to trip again and this time i will make sure i eat healthily before tripping, not smoking too much weed and keep in a cool place with only few close mates.

Who else has blacked out and if so were you in the same situation as myself?

I also thoubght of the possibility that because i was tripping so hard i became lost in a world of my own, i remember getting up and becoming extremely hot i then sorta lay back on the door frame and from then i felt as if i was floating in a world of my own.

For sure it was scary at the time of tripping, but i feel perfectly normal and discovered no adverse side effects one i got back up apart from a sore head which i banged on the way down

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRESTLESS
C.M.L.W.

Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: bare_head]
    #4395951 - 07/12/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That sounds scary, hope your noodle is feelin' better.

--------------------

Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: RESTLESS]
    #4395974 - 07/12/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ive never completely blacked out, but i ate 3.5 grams when i was fully rested and while tripping nuts i passed out like 4 times. i passed out in the sense of feeling extremely tired. i spent the entire trip slumped in a chair facing the ground. friends who ate less than i would come by and i would ask what the cure for sleepiness was and they fed me coffee, which didnt work at all. i would wake up and immediately see everything moving but was unable to keep my eyes open. doesnt really sound like the experience you had... yeah, those psychadelics can sure make your brain operate differently, boy howdy.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: purity]
    #4396032 - 07/12/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Lots of pot can cause black outs...I mean, is that even really debatable?

Secondly, seizures aren't just convulsions. A seizure is when your mind loses much control of your body and you are simply out of it, generally extreme to minimal shaking occurs and occassionally some vomiting.

Also, are you on any meds? This can contribute.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: Veter]
    #4396106 - 07/12/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

same thing happened to my friend one night when we were tripping.. twice.. first time he was standingmy the closet and just like flopped down into the closet.. we all thought he was kidding.. but he wasnt. then he went to go get up to go to the bathroom and he stood by the door of a second.. like frozen, then just dropped to the floor. it was scary shit. but he was fine.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4396127 - 07/12/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It happens, its from a drop of blood pressure. That happening on shrooms can be quite traumatic at the time. Its almost happened to me (ill start yawning a lot if its going to happen) a few times and i have seen 2 friends hit the floor while trippen... one was at kings island right after we got off the phantom theatre.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebare_head
Stranger
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: Veter]
    #4396131 - 07/12/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i know many people that are on daily meds can suffer this but i am not on any type of meds.

I honestly believe it was the fact i was really tripped out i just sort of lost reality for that second which resulted in me falling and hitting my head, without my brain actually telling me to stand up right cause i am actually up right.

I should of just lay down that would have prevented it for sure, i have heard many saying they had a seizure whilst on shrooms, but i feel this is highly unlikely it is a seizure what people are experiencing, whatever happened to me i felt ceratinly wasn't a seizure.

Offlinebare_head
Stranger
    #4396243 - 07/12/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yes a drop in blood pressure seems pretty logical

I felt extremely light headed at the point of "blacking out"

Offlinebluedolphin

#4396298 - 07/12/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This has happened to me twice on mushrooms, and on no other drugs I've tried.

The first time I was at a Phish show standing in the crowd, waiting for the boys to come out on stage as I was just about to peak on an unknown-dosed mushroom chocolate. It was definitely mushrooms... probably about 2 grams. Anyway next thing I knew I was feeling very weak all of a sudden, and getting a bad buzz. Then I passed out, lost my vision, and the next thing I knew I was on my knees staring up at this hippy chick who was staring straight into my eyes like she'd seen death. Then my friends carried me out of the crowd and I passed out again while they were leading me through the people.

That time I hadn't been eating enough and was probably dehydrated too. I blamed it on dehydration and low blood sugar.

The next time I was actually 80% come down from about 2.5 grams of good shrooms, and smoking some herb and drinking a little bit of booze too. I started feeling weak like I was about to pass out or puke in my seat, so I stood up and started making my way towards the bathroom just in case. I only made it halfway there before passing out and landing on my back. It took about 5-10 minutes for me to get up again after that one.

I don't really know why that happened... probably low blood sugar too.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: bluedolphin]
    #4396322 - 07/12/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I guess everybody has a weird experience on mushrooms at one time or another.

One time, on 3.5 grams of psilocybe cubensis, I was having a relatively weird peak, and smoked some potent bud. Must have been 1.5-2 hours in.

I was sitting down at the time. When I stood up, I was overcome by intense vertigo. There was no up, down, left, right, nothing. In a split second everything turned white and all edges were outlined in translucent gold. Everything was golden and flowering and the visual field was so distorted that I could not clearly see anything in front of me. I was barely able to make out my friend, who was surrounded by a giant glowing golden aura. The sheer intensity of the visuals was dreadfully overwhelming and is utterly indescribable.

There was a rising sound like "screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" which got progressively louder and louder and louder until my knees buckled under me and I fell on the ground. I assumed a sitting position on reflex and managed to say "don't worry I'm okay" to a friend (who was REALLY concerned--I don't know if she understood what I said anyway). She said the whole time I was just staring at infinity, at nothing, like I was receiving no external stimuli. I tried standing up but fell over again. It took me several minutes to recover until the visual field settled and was back to the normal "tripping effects."

I'm very experienced with a wide range of psychedelics and that was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had. It was totally out-of-the-blue. The only thing I can relate this to is an experience I had while on 500mg DXM in combination with the after-effects of 2 whippetfulls N2O, in which everything turned white and gold, but I was not at all debilitated (it was weird and unexpected, but in this case enjoyable--I was swimming through the air). That time on mushrooms, though, if I wasn't so totally confused and dumbfounded, I would have probably been more terrified than I was.

If it was a headrush, which I am not fully certain it was, but it could have been, then it was the most intense, longest-lasting, most debilitating, psychedelic headrush I have ever experienced. I still don't know for sure what the hell happened. The trip wasn't off to a good start in the first place, and that crazy situation definitely turned it worse. However I did learn a lot from it, but nobody enjoys a bad trip.

--------------------

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4396445 - 07/12/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've fallen over from vertigo plenty of times. The headrush is withstandable sober..but on weed, alcohol (especially - again, slowed blood pressure),nitrous (DUH!), and shrooms it can knock you right over...and make you see some weird stuff.

Your situation sounds like you may have been standing up for awhile before you passed out, though...in which case has never happened to me except being retarded and doing nitrous standing up.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflinepH_
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4397591 - 07/12/05 08:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

im no expert but i would go with the black out from blood pressure/sugar theory :smile: i get this from smoking, since i toke in my chair and have to get up and exhale outside (unless i want people bitchin :sun:), that walk to the door can be VERY hard. after standing up, it kicks in, things start getting slightly darker. i never fully blacked out from any drug except DXM, came close to it from weed, thats about it.

your fine, just watch out you could black out and hit your head, but thats kind of hard to control :sun:

Offlinegmand38
Stranger
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: pH_]
    #4397738 - 07/12/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ive seen a kid black out while holding in a toke for to long, since he was standing up for some reason some reflex of his body supported him, but he was twitching like MAD, for about 10 seconds, we all thought he had a seizure. He was only stoned at the time, nothing else. Besides smoking cigarretes.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: gmand38]
    #4397989 - 07/12/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hahaha, what ARE we doing to our brains!

--------------------

OfflineBigBlazer8586
experiencedmycologist
 User Gallery
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: gmand38]
    #4398008 - 07/12/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i have defentily blacked out on shrooms before but that was after an eight of shrooms 1 beer and 2 blunts. everyone said i got up to get a glass of water from the kitchen and stright up fell and hit my head on a counter and then a tile floor, i dont recall falling but i remember wakeing up with a ringing sound in my ears, and a high body temp. i convinced myself i was bleeding in the head and it made for the wrost trip

--------------------
I am a very sick person. All information contained above this line is fiction. Its all made up bullshit from the inner recesses of my strange mind.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: BigBlazer8586]
    #4398032 - 07/12/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I had no idea so many people have had blackout or near-blackout experiences on shrooms. Interestingly, most of these experiences involve combining with marijuana... I guess we should all be careful about smoking weed while on shrooms.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4398302 - 07/13/05 12:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Same with my girl...she blacks out from low blood bressure, has happened only 3 times to her, twice while tripping.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4399675 - 07/13/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

its happened to me once drinking and toking, once on mushrooms toking, and to a buddy on mushrooms toking..

I think the pot is to this phenomenon what an maoi is to ayahuasca.

but after it happens you can recognize it and deal with it alot easier. I'm glad I was drunk and not on 4hodmt my first time, still a bit scary.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Offlinectaf420
infectedmushroom

Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #4910330 - 11/08/05 05:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

wen i had several blackouts one night i was using ON cycles a type of testosterone pill do u think that is to blame ?

Offlineart
Stranger
Re: It wern't a seizure it was a blackout [Re: ctaf420]
    #4910735 - 11/08/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Are there any ways to help prevent blackouts?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order