Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKalix
'Head

Former police officer urges legalization of pot
    #4393793 - 07/11/05 10:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Former police officer urges legalization of pot

By Victoria A.F. Camron
The Daily Times-Call
June 8, 2005

BOULDER ? Not every police officer supports the ongoing war on drugs, at least regarding marijuana.

Police resources would be better spent fighting drunken driving and child molesting, Howard J. Wooldridge, a former Lansing, Mich.-area law-enforcement officer, said Tuesday night during a meeting of NORML for Boulder. NORML is the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.

?This policy is a catastrophic failure and will never work,? Wooldridge said of the war on drugs.

Wooldridge is not a member of NORML, but rather a founder of LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. He is traveling the country ? on horseback, no less ? to urge the decriminalization of marijuana.

Since he was ?preaching to the choir? in Boulder on Tuesday, Wooldridge discussed strategies for changing the law in Colorado and nationally.

The retired detective wears a T-shirt that reads, ?Cops say legalize pot. Ask me why.? The message prompts questions and discussions throughout the country, he said.

?Nobody wants to talk about this issue,? Wooldridge said.

During his 18-year career, Wooldridge never responded to a call prompted by someone using marijuana, he said.

?That?s the experience of almost every cop in America,? Wooldridge said.

Instead, police have to deal with marijuana because it is illegal. Meanwhile, they are not looking for drunken drivers, child molesters or other violent criminals, he said.

Paul Tiger, a NORML board member and Boulder activist, said the Boulder County Drug Task Force has a budget five times larger than the Boulder County Sheriff?s Office.

http://leap.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14&sid=227b8a1f88c3308bfd0432b4bb4cd416

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Former police officer urges legalization of pot [Re: Kalix]
    #4398364 - 07/13/05 02:32 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kalix said:
During his 18-year career, Wooldridge never responded to a call prompted by someone using marijuana, he said.

?That?s the experience of almost every cop in America,? Wooldridge said.

haha unless you get a 60yr old women who eats magic cookies instead and is overdosed.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Re: Former police officer urges legalization of pot [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4400071 - 07/13/05 04:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paul Tiger, a NORML board member and Boulder activist, said the Boulder County Drug Task Force has a budget five times larger than the Boulder County Sheriff?s Office.

That's sickening, and I bet it's the norm for most agencies.  Sometimes I feel really bad for those drug doggies :sad:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service