Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Few quick Q's
    #4393586 - 07/11/05 09:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so i noticed something really really weird today. I have this spore syringe that fell out of the sky and onto my porch. I received this gift sometime last week. Made some LC out of it and stuck it in the fridge. Now, today, when i went to go put some more syringes away i noticed that the gift had what appeared to be mycelium floating in it. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is this even possible? I wouldnt even be asking this question had i not done a few LC jars, the stuff in the syringe looks EXACTLY like the stuff in the jars. I tried taking pics of it but it just wasnt cooperating, maybe if it grows a little more i can get a solid image. Weird shit, but cool shit nonetheless.

Secondly, i knocked up a few LC jars, one (B+ has been sitting for almost two weeks and only has a few strands sitting at the bottom. I knocked up two more LC jars (GT and TC) 4 days later and right now they seem to be at the same stage as the B+ I used the regular karo (not light, or the one with vanilla) followed the tek and made a 4% solution(2 tsp to 1 cup of water) and used a syringe to inoculate. Is this slow growth normal or did i fuck up somewhere? Reason i ask is because ive been reading posts of people having jars ready to go in about 4-5 days and their jars look nothing like mine.

Thanks!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebenzonoid
I'm not a human,i'm a dove.

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Few quick Q's [Re: coda]
    #4393662 - 07/11/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've had a few syringes germinate before in the fridge; I'm sure there aren't enough nutrients in the water to have a proper LC, thou. As for your Karo, give them a few more days, it can take up to 2 weeks in some cases.

good luck

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Few quick Q's [Re: benzonoid]
    #4393745 - 07/11/05 10:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks man, i didnt know that mycellium could grow in the syringe (especially since its been sitting in the fridge for a while), heh wonder if those little bits will actually help things along. Thanks again!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation