Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Cool jobs
    #4392900 - 07/11/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What are some cool real jobs? Like not fantasy jobs, but actual jobs that most people could get and that aren't too mind numblingly boring.

Basically this thread should be for people who are out of work or are working something they hate, hopefully give some people alternate ideas on how to make some money.

You should put a job or two, and then some stuff about it. I'll start...

I have a work at home job where people call in a switch and get sent to me. Basically the one cool thing about it is it's flexibility and the fact it's from home. I can work in my birthday suit, and i've gotten close sometimes in this hot weather.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Cool jobs [Re: Hrethic]
    #4392904 - 07/11/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I make computers on my off time.

That's an awesome job and hella easy!

Especially making computers out of parts you can get cheap and then sell them for a ton of money to idiots who don't know about computers :laugh:

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4392927 - 07/11/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i work at home designing database driven websites. the positives are good money, i work for my friend's company, i set my own hours, if i need extra cash i can work more, if i want to go on vacation or whatever, it is usually quite possible, i can work high as a kite and in my underwear and i can move anywhere and still have a job, as long as i have hi-speed internet. the negatives are a big lack of human-contact while working (except for my friend/boss who i talk to via ICQ while working, i'm basically staring at my computer screen all day), headaches/square-eyes from staring at a screen all day, and never really having any seperation between my 'working-hours' and my 'non-working-hours' (for example, if i'm working on a project and some bug or problem comes up, i usually feel obligated to fix it as soon as i hear about it - unless i'm visciously drunk and then i usually find it better to wait until the morning.

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Cool jobs [Re: Krishna]
    #4392943 - 07/11/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hey krishna,

adamist and i are kinda on the look out for some decent jobs around here in the zoo, lol. he picked up a volly app for the peoples food co op, and i am kinda browsing, cause i am thinking of travel in the near future, as always.

any ideas? we are right in the downtown area, south on westnedge...

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Cool jobs [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #4392944 - 07/11/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

drtyfrnk said:

How do you deal with warranties? Factory only or do you support your own shit?

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinephreedom420
Stranger
    #4392945 - 07/11/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
    #4392959 - 07/11/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i do fiber optics i don't know how "cool" it is but i enjoy it. I get payed very well for the actual work i do. I work all over the place one day i might be working in a computer room for a large investment firm the next i might be in a bucket lift miles from anywhere smoking a j while splicing fiber 200 feet in the air

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #4392978 - 07/11/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

building/troubleshooting home computers
car stereo installation
home theater installation

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Cool jobs [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4392983 - 07/11/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BloodNOil said:
Quote:

drtyfrnk said:

How do you deal with warranties?  Factory only or do you support your own shit?

Usually support my own stuff, it's not too hard man.  Most of these people want cheap computers that will last them a few years.  Unless it doesn't work off the bat, it's usually their problem  :tongue:  I don't usually give a warranty, it's up to them to call me and tell me something's broken and if it is, I'll send it back to the manufacturer.

It's a good deal man, easy enough to learn to build them.  Hell, i learned how to build one when trendal put his new one together.

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: Cool jobs [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4392985 - 07/11/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

haha i've got a peoples food co-op t-shirt on right now, actually :smile: i used to volunteer there, but i don't believe that they are hiring at the moment. your best bet would probably be to post a message here - http://www.livejournal.com/community/kzoo_kids/ - and ask if people know what places are hiring. the only places i've worked for there (other than the company i work for now) have been Food Dance Cafe (great at the time, but i've heard that it has gone downhill - the work environment, not the food - in the past few years... there were two owners, a very cool guy and a very bitchy woman (although she always liked me :smile: ), and she bought his share from him, and has had quite the mission to entirely re-staff a kitchen that used to solely be comprised of Deadheads :nonono: ) and a golf course out by Gull Lake way back in my younger years. i'll be back around the begining of august for a couple of weeks, though, so if you're still looking then i can try to ask around for ya!

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4392989 - 07/11/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

drug dealer

assassin

professional thief

--------------------

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Cool jobs [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4393005 - 07/11/05 03:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Medical research studies.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#4393099 - 07/11/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
drug dealer

assassin

professional thief

all three sound stressful as hell to me. my 'career' as a dope-slanger lasted a whole 2 days/3.5 oz before i got fed up, very stoned, and then realized that i had just smoked away whatever profits i had made. :stoned:

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4393132 - 07/11/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Never get high on your own supply... :grin:

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #4393163 - 07/11/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Depending on your locality, being a barista can be very lucrative. Of course, in areas where it is lucrative, it is a fairly tough job to get.

Invisiblepeepeepottypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cool jobs [Re: YidakiMan]
    #4393176 - 07/11/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Be a nanny!!!
you get to play with kids all day and you usually get paid under the table. If you have a real maternal side about you its a wonderful feeling to be an integral part of a childs life and if you get in the right neighborhood it pays very well.

You can be a live out nanny, or a live in (like mary poppins ha ha)...live in positions are great if you dont have a place to stay.

Edited by peepeepottypants (07/11/05 04:38 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Cool jobs [Re: peepeepottypants]
    #4393208 - 07/11/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

mary poppins is my DREAM woman...

"item one: rosy cheeks... item two: plays games all sorts.."

rowr!!

:heart:

ok ok for jobs id say...

work on a cruise ship being a maid or cook or perhaps a bartender!!! thats some mad cash :laugh: :laugh:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #4393256 - 07/11/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
drug dealer

drug dealing was fun for awhile, but ultimately I think its a bad idea to make work out of recreation...

like one summer I decided to throw raves with a friend... While everyone else is partying we were walking around stressing out about making sure the lights didnt get damaged, dealing with police/club owners, making sure enough people came so we could pay the DJs, etc etc etc...

as for selling drugs, well thats fucking stressful too... say goodbye to your weekends, as you will be too busy being available to users to partake yourself... not to mention that doing business while high is NOT a good idea...

having worked both of these jobs in the past I have a completely different veiwpoint on the whole partying scene... suddenly everyone else's good time becomes your burden... no fun.

as for assassin/theif, I would think that these jobs are simply too illegal/immoral to work for too long... always having to look over your shoulder and stuff...

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: Cool jobs [Re: Todcasil]
    #4393274 - 07/11/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mary poppins is my DREAM woman...

Agreed... saw her at the Saturday Matinee  in '64  :blush: for 50 cents, I think.... I do demolition, interior highrise offices, Industrial,chemical plants... you name it. Got to play with 1 of these last month...{ not me in the Pic, BTW..} Surprising what you find... .... I Love My Job !!  Much better than HATING to get up and go to work.

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Cool jobs [Re: vinsue]
    #4393352 - 07/11/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I got to play with a backhoe the other night, it was awesome.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale