Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Grateful Dead, Nitrous Oxide, Tapestry, Tie Dye

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineharpd
Passing By

Trip Report: Group Trip on Colombians
    #4393311 - 07/11/05 07:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all,

I had a really great trip this weekend with several old friends and a few new ones. Set & setting: We stayed in our host's house for most of the trip, but went on a few excursions throughout the night to keep things interesting. The house is set up for tripping, with several chill out areas, lots of trippy art, posters, and various knick-knacks, and plenty of ganja. There were six of us tripping and a few sober sitters hanging around the house throughout the night. I haven't had a nice strong trip on mushrooms since about April and two of my partners hadn't tripped on anything but acid since the end of May, so we were ready to be shaken up. This was the largest group of people all tripping together that I had ever been a part of, so it was a new and exciting experience for me.

We split 3 eighths of dry colombians equally between the 6 of us, so each of us ate roughly 1.75 grams. We munched down around 8:30 PM just as the sun was setting. As we waited to come up, we smoked a few bongs and took care of our beer and cigarette needs for the weekend. Within about 45 minutes I started feeling the first waves, and after an hour and a half, I couldn't understand how it was still only 10 o'clock. I thought that we were surely nearing our peak at this point, but after checking the clock, I knew we had a long way to go.

Since it was finally getting really dark, we decided to walk down the block to a small park to play frisbee with an LED illuminated disk. This adventure turned into a comedy of errors as each of us sat staring at the blue trails of a cosmic UFO as it streaked right by us instead of catching the damn thing! An older, long haired guy in a tie dye Grateful Dead shirt joined or game for a bit until we left, and then tried to walk off with our frisbee. Luckily, one of my friends was in charge of the frisbee, so we recovered it without too much trouble and went home. As we started heading home, one of the members of our tripping group got a phone call from a friend of hers, so (very much against our advice) she got behind the wheel and drove off to pick up her friend. We stayed out of contact with her until we were over our peak, but luckily she got where she needed to be safely and didn't drive any more that night. P.S. Don't drive when you're tripping!!!! BAD IDEA!!!!

By the time we got back to the house, probably somewhere around T+2-2:30, we were all peaking very intensely. Conversation struggled as we lost each other's ideas in our own waves of thought and action. About this time, my visuals started coming in full force. I had very warm, earthy visuals from about this time throughout the rest of my trip. Tapestries and posters came alive with energy and motion. Lots of tracers, even on things that weren't moving. The most interesting visuals I got were tracers of people who were sitting completely still. Somehow my mind created a red motion blur around their bodies similar to the blur effect used in the Matrix. Facial expressions warped smoothly from one emotion to the next, and I couldn't tell if these people were actually smiling, frowning, crying, screaming, etc. or if I was simply hallucinating those expressions. Someone posted a poll recently about the color scheme of your trips, and I noticed that green or red objects seemed to give me more vibrant, fluid visuals than other colors. Of course, this could all be in my head.

I completely lost track of time at this point, but I'll try to at least keep the sequence of events in the right order. After smoking some more pot, one of our trip sitters arrived at the house and we decided to go down to the river about 5 blocks away (at least I think that's how far it was). Unfortunately, we had to cross some train tracks to get to the river and a motorcycle cop was guarding the entrance, so we journeyed back to the house to chill out for a while.

Sitting on the front porch smoking cigarettes, we saw a few crackheads wandering around looking very tweaked. We also saw a fight just down the street between two very intoxicated women. The dog, Bela, began freaking out at this point and started barking loudly at the two women, so we decided to move upstairs and smoke some more pot. At this point, I felt we were beginning to come down, so I ate another gram of dried Golden Teachers (the last from my outdoor patch). No one else took a boost, and I somewhat regret it because I was on such a different level than the rest of the group, but it was still very enjoyable. About 15 minutes after ingestion, I could feel my waves change from coming down to coming back up. After half an hour I was back up to my plateau with intense body waves and more visuals. We sat upstairs talking until everyone else was pretty much down, probably another 2 to 3 hours later. Then we moved back downstairs to smoke and drink some beer until everyone was ready for bed around 5 or 6 am. As I lay on a couch trying to go to sleep, but still tripping pretty hard, I had some very intense aural hallucinations for close to an hour before I fell asleep. It sounded sort of like air bubbling up from a pot of boiling water except much bubblier, I guess. It's very hard to explain, but it sounded a lot like the wah wah wah noise of nitrous with a much faster frequency.

As I said, I hadn't tripped on mushrooms in a long while, so my mind was full of new experience to sort out, but somehow I wasn't worried about any of that until after I was coming down. This was much more of an enjoyable, "party" trip rather than a deeply psychological, "therapy" trip. No matter, I had a very good, strong trip, and I got to catch up with some old friends and make a few new ones, most of whom I'll be seeing again this weekend at All Good.

Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Have fun, Be safe,
DHarp

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Trip Report: Group Trip on Colombians [Re: harpd]
    #4393335 - 07/11/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

good read :thumbup:

glad you had a good trip. weird that the guy in the dead shirt tried to steal your frisbee, deadheads aren't usually like that. maybe he was really spaced out and forgot he had it in his hands.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Trip Report: Group Trip on Colombians [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4393340 - 07/11/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I couldn't understand that guy either. He kept asking us if he could have our frisbee and we told him no because it wasn't even ours. We had borrowed it from a friend. When we were ready to leave, he just started walking off with it and we had to go get it from him. It was very odd.

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4393355 - 07/11/05 07:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, definitely odd. atleast you got it back

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4393377 - 07/11/05 08:06 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like he might have been farther out than ya'll were!!

Great report and I'm glad you had a great trip!!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Grateful Dead, Nitrous Oxide, Tapestry, Tie Dye

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports