Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerockaway
Stranger
Need Advice Please. Pic's inside.
    #4393185 - 07/11/05 06:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

CLICK ON PIC'S FOR CLOSEUP. :-) Ok here's the deal. My friend had 2 casing's & the shroomies started growing out the sides so he was looking and seen that the entire casing seemed to be firm so he sterilized his hands and all his surroundings and gently sled the entire casing in one piece out of the plastic container. As you seen in the picture. It all stayed together well. He said the casing felt dry but he is scared to mist it since there is pinning action taking place. As you see in the pic's all the shroomies are growing out the side & none from the top? Can someone tell us what they think is happening by observing the pictures and maybe give us some helpful advice?( Should he mist the casing as this stage? )Your help and cooperation is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again!

2nd casing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Need Advice Please. Pic's inside. [Re: rockaway]
    #4393222 - 07/11/05 06:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Next time, cover the sides of the container with foil/tape/paper/anything that will block the light.
They will fruit from the sides because they are getting more light than the surface of the casing due to the fact that the casing layer actually blocks light up until the point where the mycelia breaks the surface.If, you are using a container that is clear.

My two pennies.

Doc

--------------------

Offlinerockaway
Stranger
Re: Need Advice Please. Pic's inside. [Re: doc34]
    #4393298 - 07/11/05 07:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Does the casing look like Overlay by chance? How does one adjust to kickstart the pinning process on a overlay? Thanks for your time!

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Need Advice Please. Pic's inside. [Re: rockaway]
    #4394996 - 07/12/05 06:07 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rockaway said:
Does the casing look like Overlay by chance?

I would say that yes, you may have some overlay,due to the fact that your casing looks dry as a bone.
Quote:

How does one adjust to kickstart the pinning process on a overlay?

First, I would mist it really well and keep misting it now-that way you will be able to try out the mushies that are growing.Just mist into the air above it and allow the water drops to land on the surface(don't mist it directly)Then, after they mature-pick them and dunk the casing in clean(distilled or purified)water for 24 hours to re-hydrate it. Then I would lightly scratch the surface to remove any and all overlay that may be present.Apply a thin layer of casing material(Verm Is it?)Mist it to field capacity,cover with foil/with holes (for air exchange) and wait for the casing layer to re-colonise.Then fruit it again except this time keep misting and make sure that your fruiting chamber has some condensation on the walls-yours has none.You want to keep them moist at all times but not soaking wet.
From what I see,there is no condensation forming on the walls of your chamber at all.
Mist, mist, mist........

My two pennies!

Doc

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation