Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Walmart people are SO stupid!!
    #4392719 - 07/11/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I need/want/would be nice to know lol. What is BRF? I know per-say but....well you know. Next what is rye? Also where can I find these two things at WALMART? Now I also wanted to know if tyvek would still be good, IF it got wet? I plan on Microwaving some WBS&rye for around 10min. at 300%!! or should I do 250?

P.S I that green stuff smelled like REALLY BAD MILK!!Oh and NEVER ASK ANY ONE, ANY THING AT WALMART< AS THEY ARE ALL STUPID!!

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Walmart people are SO stupid!! [Re: thremix]
    #4392762 - 07/11/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well you went and asked people for things that YOU didnt even know what they were. Brown rice flour I believe can be had at grocery stores, walmart may have it. Rye will not be found at grocery stores, or walmart..you need to find a feed store or health food store. You can look for rye berries, or winter rye in their grain sections. Asking people to find something in a store like walmart, when you have to come ask others what it is, what makes you think they wouldnt have to do the same? You and most people hadnt heard of any of this except in this hobby, never walk into ANY store and expect them to have ANY idea of what your talking about. You need to learn what your talking about yourself and find it yourself, or desribe it more.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Walmart people are SO stupid!! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4392791 - 07/11/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

One guy didn't know where the bleach was. lol Ok so what is BRF then? Thank you for your quick reply. Although I don't agree with
"never walk into ANY store and expect them to have ANY idea of what your talking about." I believe, you should know as much as possible about where you work& in a place like WM you KNOW people will ask for the most off the wall things. Well that's I think any way I could be wrong and it's definitely not some thing worth arguing. I just got mad when the MAN told me he didn't know where the bleach was. Then the the woman didn't know where the BRF was or What it was granted I didn't know either but I don't work there. It's like asking a car sells man, how many Horse power that car has and him not knowing.

--------------------

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4392813 - 07/11/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Not really,lol. BRF is a term associated with this hobby. Be like asking him for g2g containers when you want canning jars,lol. Or LC mix when you want Karo or honey.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisibleChilon
Stranger
    #4392815 - 07/11/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

BRF is brown rice flour and no wal mart i've been in has it. I have found it at Whites fresh foods a grocery store chain.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4392822 - 07/11/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

>Ok so what is BRF then?

I said above, BRF is brown rice flour, which is brown rice, ground up into a flour..I also said it could be had in grocery stores most likly.

>I believe, you should know as much as possible about where you work

I believe that too...but to expect OTHERS to believe that is silly. You should always assume people who work at stores are idiots. Didnt say thats how it should be...just said thats what you gotta do...I say that because if you dont follow my advise your gonna walk into a health food place and ask for rye and their gonna go, never heard of it, and you leave not knowing it was sitting right on their shelves with the other 50+ grains...and you can find out later and get pissed that the person didnt know all the 50 grains they carry...but you still didnt have your rye...sooo I say never walk into any store and expect them to know jack shit...you'll be disapointed alot less.

>It's like asking a car sells man, how many Horse power that car has and him not knowing.

A specialized store, dealing in only one genre of products, is not really like asking a general store employee about the hundreds of types of products they carry.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Walmart people are SO stupid!! [Re: Chilon]
    #4392826 - 07/11/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What would it be under? I have H-E-B here lol would it be under flour?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4392839 - 07/11/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe...grocery stores all arrange things differently...it may also be under grains with the rice and such (most likly).

--------------------

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Walmart people are SO stupid!! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4392847 - 07/11/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is it called? "brown rice flour?" . what's it look like?

--------------------

InvisibleChilon
Stranger
    #4392849 - 07/11/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah it would be in the flour section. There will be a lot of bags of different flour. You will just have to keep a eye out as you scan the bags of flour. There is usually a section of flours within the flour section that has the natural organic stuff for health nuts and that is where the BRF is usually. If one store doesn't have it just try another some chains have it and some don't. A nother alternative is to buy whole grain brown rice and grind it yourself with a coffe grinder. Good luck.

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
    #4392851 - 07/11/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, you don't have to be a brain sergeon to work at wal-mart. I haven't seen BRF at any wal-mart stores where I live. I did buy almost everything else there. The Rye I had to go to the health food store to get, but even then it was only .79 or .89 cents per pound. WBS is CHEAP!!! I bought a 5 lb. bag at wally-world for like .79 cents, high millet content too.
Also at a wal-mart near me... Greensmix(r) organic mushroom compost, happy cow-pooh, oak whiskey barrels (whole or half, which I am cutting up into tiny pieces and using for my 1st ever grow attempt, using reishi). That place is becoming like a parent to me.
And hey! You shouldn't make fun of stupid people, they're.... stupid, even the ones that work at wally-world. (it's nearly the same thing). :crazy2: :laugh:

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Walmart people are SO stupid!! [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4392864 - 07/11/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks guys for all the info.

--------------------

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
    #4392965 - 07/11/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4393047 - 07/11/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you can't find BRF, which is hard to believe if there is a co-op anywhere near you, just grind some brown rice up in a coffee grinder.. When I bought my BRF, this creepy dude at the co-op was like "Brown Rice Flour? That's right over here" And then he winked @ me... But my local co-op is full of hippies..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinecubicidal
Stranger
Re: Walmart people are SO stupid!! [Re: Kalix]
    #4393225 - 07/11/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

theremix: Hi, do you have BRF?
employee? BR what?
theremix: BRF.
employee: ...
theremix: B. R. F. Where the fuck is it?
employee: What the fuck is BRF?
theremix: Uhmm...

That must've been funny as fuck.

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Walmart people are SO stupid!! [Re: cubicidal]
    #4393253 - 07/11/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just go to your local food mart or grocery store and buy a bag of "Organic Long-Grain Brown Rice"and take it home and grind it into a fine powder = Brown Rice Flour!

You can order it online also,but the shipping charges may not be worth it.Rice is really cheap, about 1-2 bucks a bag.Give or take.

Doc

--------------------

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Walmart people are SO stupid!! [Re: doc34]
    #4393264 - 07/11/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you will never know how frustrating it is to have some one tell you they don't know where bleach is at!! WHY? because they don't know what it is!!

"theremix: B. R. F. Where the fuck is it?
employee: What the fuck is BRF?
theremix: Uhmm..."

employee, Would never talk to me like that, as I would smack the SHIT out of him!! lol

--------------------

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4393266 - 07/11/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

OH yah I found BRF $4.00 bucks a pound!! must be that good shit! lol

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards2
Stranger thanyou

Loc: in my mind
    #4393276 - 07/11/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

wow $4.00 a lb. some crazy prices.
check again when you go into work at walmart tomarrow. maybe your co-worker figured out what brf (big retarded fag) is. j/k lol
check around for food coops and health food stores in the bulk section you will find it cheaper than that.
peace

--------------------
If you are not sure what you are doing STOP and go read some on what you are trying to do.

Offlinecubicidal
Stranger
    #4393277 - 07/11/05 05:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

employee, Would never talk to me like that, as I would smack the SHIT out of him!! lol

At which point the 200lb black man that is the employee would beat the fucking shit out of you.

If I was the employee I wouldn't give a fuck either. Hell I'd even say that I didn't know where the checkout was. I sleep at my job.

Edited by cubicidal (07/11/05 05:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale