Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: *pics* Two casings, one looks like overlay, please confirm.. [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4412129 - 07/16/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Congratulations on the successful grow!

Now if you'd like to improve yield next time, you can improve your gas exchange. No cube strain grows that thin normally, and the tall, thin shape is a byproduct of CO2 build up in the fruiting chamber. If you would like to grow stockier and heavier shrooms and improve your yield increase gas exchange next time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: *pics* Two casings, one looks like overlay, please confirm.. [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4412169 - 07/16/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The air conditioning went out for a day and temps reached near 90 degrees for 24 hours right before that pic was taken. Perhaps that influenced the growth as well? I know they grew very, very fast that day and harvest was moved up a day or so because of it.

And thank you for the congratulations, I'm thrilled with this hobby indeed!

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: *pics* Two casings, one looks like overlay, please confirm.. [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4412187 - 07/16/05 03:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well, 90F heat could have had something to do with it too. If it matters at all, I had some really, really strong ones that grew just like that once. In fact my brother took them--and he's taken plenty of shrooms befre--and passed slick out. It didn't set the right tone for my trip because I was wondering what was up with him, and he was totally out of it once he came back conscious. I don't know how long he was out, but it seemed like hours under the influence.

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: *pics* Two casings, one looks like overlay, please confirm.. [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4412218 - 07/16/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Odd, I hope he was alright. They are very blue, something that doesn't seem to be coming through in that photo very well, but I assure you..

Anyways I'm saving these for my next show so I'll let you know

--------------------

Trip Report

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #4412228 - 07/16/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yes long stems and small caps are an indication of higher CO2. I myself wouldn't suggest misting less from experience I'd suggest more air exchanges. Also the snow caps can certainly be strain related FYI. Heres a good read to maximize your yields Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy. As Blue Helix said timing is the key and learning to read your strains is the imperative. There is a transitional phase from vegetative growth to generative growth, it is optimal to have all your valleys colonized at the end of this transition so all pinning triggers are put into play at the exact same time. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: *pics* Two casings, one looks like overlay, please confirm.. [Re: hyphae]
    #4412258 - 07/16/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'll be studying that, thank you, and thank you all.

--------------------

Trip Report

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds