Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepoosk
Stranger
3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip?
    #4392880 - 07/11/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

We picked up 9 grams of mushrooms from our regular marijuana dealer 2 days ago, and ate them yesterday afternoon. After about 30 minutes, we went to a grocery store to get some food, but still werent feeling any effects. Within 2 hours after that we came to the conclusion that we werent going to trip, and went to a park. Basically, we just wasted time trying to figure out what was going on. After talking to our dealer, who ate an eighth the other day, said he would talk to the person he got them from. But apparently, everyone else he sold them to had a great time. How is it possible that we didnt trip though?

I've tripped once before (level 1), and one of my friends has done them several times before. The other was going for his first time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJon
Re: 3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip? [Re: poosk]
    #4392911 - 07/11/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You got jipped most likely, you could have split 3 grams between the 3 of you and had a great time. If you didnt trip off of 3 grams, find out if ur dealer is just givin u shit that he pulled out of the backyard. Shrooms are rather expensive in the black market, and if I were you I would kick ur pusher right in the balls. Get your money back, or learn from your mistake.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4392925 - 07/11/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've eaten an 1/8 without tripping before. It was in a hectic, crowded setting (the only time I've eaten them in a a non-'totally tripping' environment) which is contrary to my totally unsocial nature on shrooms. Also I'm sure the shrooms were weak because my friend only had a level 1 and two other people who ate different shrooms were straight trippin' balls.

On the other hand, I ate 1.3 grams of really weak shrooms (only had a level 2 with an 1/8) by myself with a little bit of nitrous and it was a total blast.

Set/setting is just as important as dose sometimes it seems.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
    #4392928 - 07/11/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

your mushrooms were most likely over heated when they were dried. Everyone else who 'had a great time' is probably bullshiting you or ur mj dealer changed your mushies out for the ones you find growing in your yard. actually there is kind of a lot of possibilities, i had a similar incident happen to me and my friend. we just came to the conclusion we got ripped and then beat some ass.

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4392930 - 07/11/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

what form were they in?  what did you eat during the day?  did you put yourself into a mind set that you wouldnt trip?

you can talk yourself out of a chemical reaction, if you are that set on it.

you can trip without psychedelics too :smile:

mind over matter.

but anyways, thats besides the point.  tell us more about these shroomies, what they looked like and what you ate...

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: 3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4392949 - 07/11/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Try again. You may have gotten ripped but I can assure you I've grown shrooms on a potent substrate which should have been very potent and 5 grams was only a buzz. A week later 3.5 grams to the same person who hadnt really tripped before made her flip out, speak in tounges, think we were trying to kill her, almost get us all arrested a few times, and never trip again. The same 3 people at the same amount both times, 5 grams first time, 3.5 the second...all didnt trip the first time and tripped balls the second, way to intense...theres no explination for it..it just happens.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinepoosk
Stranger
Re: 3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4392962 - 07/11/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It was kind of wierd actually. We spent a lot of the initial time in a car (driven by someone not under the influence), and then were walking for a short period.

When we ate them we took a couple vitamin c pills each to kill the taste.

After an hour or so of no effect, not even a body high, we were quite set on the thought of not tripping. This couldnt completely kill it though, i dont think.

While talking with our dealer, he said 2 other people (who we were acquanted with, but didnt talk to regularly), had tripped on them the night before they bought their mass ammount.

Edited by poosk (07/11/05 03:18 PM)

Offlinepoosk
Stranger
    #4392973 - 07/11/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Scatmanrav, we discussed that a bit too, because one previous time with a group of 8 people, one person just didnt trip.

If thats the case (although i dont think we can accurately determine that), and we just 'didnt trip', how long should we wait before giving it another shot?

Late into the night, while driving (about 8 hours after ingestion), we were qurious as to wether or not it could still possibly just hit us.

Edited by poosk (07/11/05 03:22 PM)

Offlinepoosk
Stranger
    #4393021 - 07/11/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Someone just told me its possible to sweat everything out, if you're in a hot environment. Is that true?

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4393044 - 07/11/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't believe you can sweat out tripping. In my summer trips, when its 90 degrees out and I'm inside, I always turn the AC off in my room because the noise bothers me so much when I'm tripping.

Needless to say, opening the windows in 90 degree heat doesn't help a lot.

Two trips ago, I was by myself and I dosed at like 11:30am when its nice out. The AC was off and the windows were open to air out a nasty smelling bigass party that had literally just ended.

When I started tripping, I forgot about the windows...by 2:30 I noticed I was sweating like a f'in madman. I realized the AC was off, turned it on, and closed up shop but it didn't help.

I was sweating balls and uncomfortable hot for the rest of my trip, which lasted 2 hours longer than most I've had. If anything, sweating and heat keep you 'messed up', but its not really comfortable.

--------------------
:mallow:

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip? [Re: TheHook]
    #4393107 - 07/11/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheHook said:
your mushrooms were most likely over heated when they were dried.

Wrong.

AFOAF dries all of his in a 200degree dehydrator and never sees a decrease in potency. Another friend puts them on pizza and cooks them at about 375 degrees for 20 minutes or so, and no potency loss.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: 3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip? [Re: myndreach]
    #4393647 - 07/11/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you felt wierd, if so chances are they were just weak for some reason...anywhere from 4-7 days would probably be enough...you could probably even try a day or two after not tripping, to trip again..you shouldnt have gotten a tolerance from not tripping.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelkfity315
First timetripper

Loc: south carolina
Re: 3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4394621 - 07/12/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

about sweating a trip off i dont know about shrooms but. i smoked a bowl before hockey practice lets say 1:00 and then got on the ice 1:30 and got off the ice 3:00 and i was completly sober. so exercise while stoned makes pot where off i think. but like i said i dont know about shrooms

--------------------
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. "
Timothy Leary

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: 3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip? [Re: lkfity315]
    #4394656 - 07/12/05 01:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I normally sober up after two hours just by sitting on the couch too, though.

Offlinepoosk
Stranger
Re: 3 friends, 9 grams, didnt trip? [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4394822 - 07/12/05 01:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, im more inclined to believe that for some reason, these just werent very potent

although i dont know how possible that is

Edited by poosk (07/12/05 01:57 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck