Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics...
    #4392571 - 07/11/05 03:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a friendly word of advice for those of you who haven't done many psychadelics, and/or XTC.

If you have never done a psychadelic, but plan to, you are in for one amazing ride. I am in agreement with Terence McKenna, that if you live your whole life without doing psychadelics, you are truly missing out on one of life's most prized pleasures. I would recommend to almost anyone with a sound mind to try psychadelics, under the right circumstances. However...

DON'T overdo it. The experience will probably be so enjoyable and amazing that you will likely want to repeat it soon after. Resist this temptation. Try not to think of it as a minimum window of time between doses, but rather think of it as a special occasion type thing, and only do psychadelics under ideal circumstances. If you have too much free time and continually feel the pull to dose, then set a minimum timeframe between doses at 3 to 4 weeks. Here's why I recommend this:

When I first tried mushrooms I was BLOWN AWAY by the amazement of it all. After that I started taking them every 1 to 2 weeks and continued to be blown away. However after not very long, the trips grew less and less amazing and I almost "got used" to being high. The hallucinations became less and less vivid, my mind got cloudier, and the trips became more annoying/tiring and less incredible. Although my tolerance to the drug never built much, my PSYCHOLOGICAL tolerance grew enormously. I got "used" to tripping and the incredible clarity and awe of my initial trips faded substantially.

So now it has been a month since my last trip, and I will trip tomorrow at the beach with a great friend. I am hoping that some of the magic will be restored, and if it is not, I will wait more than a month for my next trip. I wish I would have heeded the advice given by many on this board to not trip so often, because the "magic" of psychadelics can definitely be lost or diminished if you dose too often, and that is an enormous shame. I liken it to sex (for men)... if you have three orgasms in a day, the fourth one ain't gonna be so great... if you can have it at all.

This effect is perhaps even more apparent with Ecstasy. I have only done it three times and it hasn't lost its magic for me, but I know that it quickly can, and has for many people. Keep these amazing substances magical, and don't dose too often!

Or do.. and see what happens. Just a friendly word of advice from a fellow psychonaut!

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics... [Re: Plok]
    #4392623 - 07/11/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think some time away from the mushrooms probably did wonders for your psychological tolerance.  :smile:  Personally, I've gone through a rather psychedelic summer, tripped six times since the start of June.  This is atypical behavior for me.  Usually I trip once a month at MOST, and now regret from deviating from that ritual.  My last trip, I got a very clear message that I need to take a break, to give myself time to integrate and find some clarity.  I probably won't trip again until I feel the "call"...I'm sure people know what I mean by that.  :wink: 

I say that if you've been away from psychedelics for a month and you feel the "call," you're in for a treat.  If you don't feel led back to psychedelics, don't feel their call tugging at your heart, it might be best to give your mind some more time to "forget" the magic, so when you do return it will be marvelous.  I know that's what I do.  :sun:

Good luck, and safe journeys.  :heart:

Offlinecavhan7
Student

Re: To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics... [Re: MOTH]
    #4392701 - 07/11/05 04:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the advice and i hope you have a great time tomorrow. Good luck

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4392704 - 07/11/05 04:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Oh man, I feel the call...feel the tugging. I haven't gotten off since 2 or 3 weeks before I sent the money order to get my first syringe.

But now my work is paying off, and I have tons of pins, and I feel like it will be well worth the wait.

This one is going to be great. It's been about 7 weeks since my last experience, which was also my best. You think because I raised these shrooms from spore to fruit that this trip will be a little extra special? Kinda like how a plant knows who takes care of it...even though these aren't plants...

--------------------
:mallow:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics... [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4392715 - 07/11/05 04:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LazyCrash said:
You think because I raised these shrooms from spore to fruit that this trip will be a little extra special?

I think so...you put positive energy into them, you tended them from the time when they were mere spores until they blossomed into flesh of the gods. 

When I eat and trip off my own shrooms, it's a very intimate experience because I had a hand in their development, like a parent.  :heart:

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
    #4392724 - 07/11/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Makes me want to eat my kids...  :wink:

if I had any

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
    #4392728 - 07/11/05 04:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Plok said:
Makes me want to eat my kids...  :wink:

if I had any

Hahaha Yeah, I dont know how your "kids" would appreciate their caregiver eating them, but I can understand a special connection while tripping on on your own shrooms...

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

OfflineRaiden333
Born Hippy

Re: To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics... [Re: Yenpop]
    #4393035 - 07/11/05 05:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Man, all this talk about how awesome it is to grow ones own shrooms makes me wish that it were legal to ship spores to California.

Maybe someday...

--------------------
Some folks trust to reason, others trust to might
I don't trust to nothing, but I know it comes out right.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4393103 - 07/11/05 06:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Plok said:
Here is a friendly word of advice for those of you who haven't done many psychadelics, and/or XTC.

If you have never done a psychadelic, but plan to, you are in for one amazing ride.  I am in agreement with Terence McKenna, that if you live your whole life without doing psychadelics, you are truly missing out on one of life's most prized pleasures.  I would recommend to almost anyone with a sound mind to try psychadelics, under the right circumstances.  However...

DON'T overdo it.  The experience will probably be so enjoyable and amazing that you will likely want to repeat it soon after.  Resist this temptation.  Try not to think of it as a minimum window of time between doses, but rather think of it as a special occasion type thing, and only do psychadelics under ideal circumstances.  If you have too much free time and continually feel the pull to dose, then set a minimum timeframe between doses at 3 to 4 weeks.  Here's why I recommend this:

When I first tried mushrooms I was BLOWN AWAY by the amazement of it all.  After that I started taking them every 1 to 2 weeks and continued to be blown away.  However after not very long, the trips grew less and less amazing and I almost "got used" to being high.  The hallucinations became less and less vivid, my mind got cloudier, and the trips became more annoying/tiring and less incredible.  Although my tolerance to the drug never built much, my PSYCHOLOGICAL tolerance grew enormously.  I got "used" to tripping and the incredible clarity and awe of my initial trips faded substantially.

So now it has been a month since my last trip, and I will trip tomorrow at the beach with a great friend.  I am hoping that some of the magic will be restored, and if it is not, I will wait more than a month for my next trip.  I wish I would have heeded the advice given by many on this board to not trip so often, because the "magic" of psychadelics can definitely be lost or diminished if you dose too often, and that is an enormous shame.  I liken it to sex (for men)... if you have three orgasms in a day, the fourth one ain't gonna be so great... if you can have it at all.

This effect is perhaps even more apparent with Ecstasy.  I have only done it three times and it hasn't lost its magic for me, but I know that it quickly can, and has for many people.  Keep these amazing substances magical, and don't dose too often!

Or do.. and see what happens.  Just a friendly word of advice from a fellow psychonaut!

sticky! :thumbup:

i would add not trying to be a hero and doing a big dose. pride comes before an ASS KICKING. you'll develop a much better relationship with psychedelics if you respect them and increase doses gradually.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics... [Re: alsey]
    #4393666 - 07/11/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

My first experience with shrooms was 5 weeks ago today. I've done them every week up until now. I am undecided if I am going to do them this week or not.

Everytime I tripped it was wonderful because I was in different enviroments. Last monday was the best trip because I went to a rock bar in Atlanta and had a blast playing pool and hanging out. I was having OEV's, CEV's and an awesome body buzz. I agree with your point totally, but at the same time for me the magic hasn't died or grown weak. In fact it has gotten better. I only got 9 grams left and once I run out I'll be out for a couple of months.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics... [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #4393699 - 07/11/05 09:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I did the same for a while...months and months...lots of trips...then you need a break...then you trip again, and its all good again. Tripping tells you when its time to stop..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4398882 - 07/13/05 07:30 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Raiden333,

Since you can't receive spores in California from Spore Companies, have a friend or someone on here that you know have them sent to their place, and then send them to you. I'm sure you can find someone that would do that.

--------------------

Offlinew863
Stranger
Loc: southern california
Re: To those of you who haven't done many psychadelics... [Re: matchbook]
    #4405835 - 07/14/05 11:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Jeez! This post really makes me want to try shrooms. The more I read the more I want to try it. There are just too many good stories about first experiences that convince me that shrooms should be my first psychedelic.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience