Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Marine Sniper
    #4392214 - 07/11/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If you are into war books I'd recommend Marine Sniper. Its about the greatest sharpshooter of all time, Carlos Hathcock. He had the most confirmed kills of any sniper in any war. He fought during Vietnam and killed many high ranking officers. Some of his missions were absoluetly crazy. Its definately the most exciting book I've ever read.

Some interesting facts. Did you know he once made a 2 mile shot! He literally killed a man from 2 miles away with one shot, one bullet. He once spent days crawling a mile through an open field deep behind enemy lines just so he could get in range and make the deadly shot.

Also, and this is crazy to me, have you seen "Saving Private Ryan"? If so, you'll remember when the American sniper shoots the German sniper in the tower and the bullet goes straight through the scope because they were aiming at each other and the American was quicker on the trigger. Hathcock is the inspiration for that. He really did that. I've read that in the book and seen it on the History Channel so I'm not making it up. He and his spotter knew there was a sniper nearby, but didn't know how close or where. Hathcock was just scoping around looking for him and suddenly saw a reflection of light. Instinctively he jerked his gun on it and fired immediately. When he went to check it out, it was a dead Vietnamese sniper with a round through his scope and eye.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Marine Sniper [Re: bart_mann]
    #4393098 - 07/11/05 06:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I remember a movie about the guy who invented the repeating rifle. He was in jail, in solitary; and he figures out how to turn a single-shot into semi-auto.

Anybody who has worked with square baled hay knows that the knotter hasn't changed much since it's invention more than 50 years ago. Now there's a leap in technological advancement. 3 cheers and many bottles of rum for whoever acomplished that I say.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media