Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
LAPD murders baby girl...
    #4392052 - 07/11/05 12:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

they just got "sick and tired of games"...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/11/la.shootout.ap/index.html

EDIT ..these pricks were quite obviously trying to make a point.. is it sometimes necessary to make such sacrifices in order to deter future criminal acts?...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (07/11/05 12:47 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: LAPD murders baby girl... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4392063 - 07/11/05 12:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think most police are on a power trip too but what did you expect them to do, shower him with daisy flowers?

Quote:

There were three exchanges of gunfire between police and Lemos, who was about 35, McDonnell told reporters. In the final exchange, at around 6:20 p.m., Lemos held the girl as he shot.

Quote:

Police called in a SWAT team and tried to speak with the man; when they at one point attempted to help a neighbor escape the area, he fired at them and they fired back, McDonnell said.

It's an unfortunate incident .. maybe if they had the VMADS they could have saved the baby.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4392080 - 07/11/05 12:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

<<The man had a 9 mm handgun and a shotgun and was intoxicated on drugs and alcohol, police said.>>

The man had a 9 mm handgun and a shotgun and was intoxicated on drugs, including alcohol, police said.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: LAPD murders baby girl... [Re: cb9fl]
    #4392131 - 07/11/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

they could have saved the baby..and caught the suspect..had they not been so impatient...they prolly had shields and body armour too...but the point is the social issues that go into police rules-of-engagement policies..which in turn lead to a decision to kill a baby...no doubt some will argue that todays' action sends a strong message to would-be criminals that kidnapping doesnt work..and that more innocent lives may be saved as a result...it is quite plausible (although i dont know for sure) that the rules-of-engagement center around such a deterrence paradigm...

and like the rest of us..police officers are also being continuosly bombarded with the same "we dont negotiate with terrorists" bullshit from the media...and it is very foolish to think that police officers that keep hearing this wont at some point apply it..intentionally or otherwise..in a hostage situation...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4392147 - 07/11/05 01:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If you want to blame someone for this tragedy, blame the drunk dumb ass who used his baby as a shield.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #4392158 - 07/11/05 01:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The baby wasnt white so it was a good one to kill to set an example.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: LAPD murders baby girl... [Re: Vex]
    #4392170 - 07/11/05 01:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Police don't kill babies, their drunken fathers who use them as shields do!

That's my new catch-phrase.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #4392194 - 07/11/05 01:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Bush ordered the killing.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #4392199 - 07/11/05 01:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Vex said:
If you want to blame someone for this tragedy, blame the drunk dumb ass who used his baby as a shield.

and i suppose mohammed atta was to blame for the war in iraq too...

i dont doubt the drunk dumbasses' role in this for one minute...but the bottom line is still that the LAPD made the final decision to kill the baby..and apparently more arbitrarily than not...for example..they could have used a professional sniper instead of firing 300 rounds...

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4392210 - 07/11/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

> they could have saved the baby..and caught the suspect..had they not been so impatient...

He had already shot one cop... how much more patient should they be... wait until a few cops are dead?

They should have had a swat sniper ready to take a CNS shot rather than what happened, but I have a hard time blaming the cops for using excessive force in this case after one of their own has been shot.

> for example..they could have used a professional sniper instead of firing 300 rounds...

Exactly. We agree on this, at least... though a CNS shot is very difficult.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #4393551 - 07/11/05 09:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

they could have saved the baby..and caught the suspect

I didn't realize you were there. Thanks for the heads up.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinephreedom420
Stranger
    #4393557 - 07/11/05 09:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A toddler was shot and killed when her father used her as a shield in a gunbattle with police following an hours-long standoff, officials said. The man also died and an officer was wounded.

The guy was using her as a shield and he was shooting at cops! Sorry she died, but it's not the cops fault.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: LAPD murders baby girl... [Re: phreedom420]
    #4393571 - 07/11/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

so one of their trained killers sustains minor injuries..and that makes a baby fair game...they were waiting for an excuse to show off their power and they didnt hesitate when they got it...

--------------------

Offlinephreedom420
Stranger
    #4393588 - 07/11/05 09:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Some drugged drunk guy is standing on a street corner waving a gun around and acting erraticly. How exactly would you deal with this situation? How many cops would you say could have been shot and killed before it would have been acceptable for them to open fire and kill the girl?

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: LAPD murders baby girl... [Re: 1stimer]
    #4393605 - 07/11/05 09:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
Bush ordered the killing.

obviously meant to be sarcastic..but not entirely untrue either...bush may not have ordered the killing...but his speeches have created a bad attitude nonetheless..which inevitably weighs on decisions like this...

--------------------

Edited by Annapurna1 (07/11/05 09:26 PM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: LAPD murders baby girl... [Re: phreedom420]
    #4393621 - 07/11/05 09:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phreedom420 said:
Some drugged drunk guy is standing on a street corner waving a gun around and acting erraticly. How exactly would you deal with this situation? How many cops would you say could have been shot and killed before it would have been acceptable for them to open fire and kill the girl?

you might not want to be the cop that has to risk death in order to get close enough for a clean shot at the suspect to save the baby..but unfortunately..your duty as an LEO is to protect the innocent..and not to protect the innocent when it is convenient to do so...

--------------------

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

#4393628 - 07/11/05 09:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i'm sure the policemen that did it lost a week of sleep, while the mother's life is forever changed. the police must have got bored and decided getting careless would be excusable.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4393651 - 07/11/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone who thinks that cops would deliberately kill this child is totally disconnected from reality.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: LAPD murders baby girl... [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4393673 - 07/11/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

duh...they did make the decision to open fire...they might not have had any malicious..willful intent to kill the child as such..but the mere fact that they made that decision means that they didnt care anymore...

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4393698 - 07/11/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

They were being fired upon. From what is said in the article other civilians were in danger. You don't know anything about the situation except from that brief article. Was the author there? Were you there? Have you ever been fired upon? It's easy to be an armchair quarterback after reading an article written by someone who came there after the fact.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion