Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
I must take an unscheduled break
    #4391734 - 07/11/05 10:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I realize there are several of you in the Politics, Activism and Law forum waiting for replies in ongoing discussions of which I am a part. Unfortunately that wait will likely be longer than I had hoped.

I have two things going on in real life at the moment which make it nearly impossible to do more than pop in very occasionally for minutes at a time --

1) -- my computer has an intermittent problem with its power supply. This causes it to shut down at random but frequent intervals. Rebooting, reconnecting to my dialup service, then retyping what has been lost is a lengthy and frustrating process. Unfortunately, getting my computer repaired isn't going to be easy either -- there is just a single Apple service dealer on the whole island, and he's a four hour bus ride from where I live. Ordering in the replacement part (once it has been identified) will take a couple of weeks as well.

I may be able to borrow a laptop from someone I know, but my bookmarks are of course on my main computer, so I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to providing links to support my points. Yes, I know I could spend hours on Google trying to find them all again, but I'd prefer not to because of reason 2).....

2) -- after a two year break, I am heading into another cycle of Cluster Headaches. Many of you will be familiar with my ongoing struggle with this devastating neurological condition and my use of psilocybin as a treatment, as I have mentioned it a few times in the PA&L forum and in the "Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms" forum. Here is a link to one of the threads -- http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2410501/ -- in which I announced the start of the first clinical research in the US in three decades using humans as test subjects for LSD and psilocybin. If anyone wants to check my other posts on Cluster Headaches, you should be able to find them readily using the search function and entering "clusterhead pinky" or "cluster headaches pinky".

Anyhow... yesterday I took a 1.5 gram dose of Puerto Rican aborts I had harvested and carefully stored over two years ago. This resulted in a trip somewhere between Level 2 and Level 3. When the trip wore off I got hit by another cluster headache, and I've had one more so far this morning. This is not unusual when using psilocybin to treat clusters... the psilocybin often tends to make the headaches more intense and more frequent for several days before they get better. I was fortunate with my last cycle in that I needed just one dose to terminate it, but the cycle before that I needed around half a dozen doses to finally end the cycle.

The problem is that in order for the hallucinogenic treatment to be effective, the clusterhead (me, in this case) must wait four or five days at a minimum between doses, and refrain from almost all other medications, as many of the ones we clusterheads commonly use to ease the pain a bit will interfere with the effectiveness of the hallucinogenic therapy. As a result, during a cluster cycle most of my time is spent either enduring the agony, recovering from the agony, or frantically trying to get done all the chores of daily living before the next bout of agony begins -- as well as trying to snatch a few hours of sleep here and there. The sleep deprivation eventually becomes almost as bad as the actual pain of an attack.

I'm hoping that this time I caught it early enough in the cycle that (just like last time) a single dose will be all I require -- that my head will settle down over the next week and I'll at least be able to resume posting on a borrowed computer fairly shortly. There's no way I can spend all day on a bus to Santo Domingo and back while "in cycle" -- it just can't be done. So repairing my main computer won't happen any time soon. Therefore, even if I do manage to pop in from time in the next week or so (hopefully it will just be a week) it will be on a borrowed computer with no bookmarks.

However, there is a very real possibility I will require several doses over the next several weeks to put this cycle to rest. This may be problematical, as I don't have a whole lot of stored mushrooms on hand, it's the wrong time of year here to find wild ones, and it's far too hot to cultivate a new batch (which would take at least six weeks in any case). I know from past experience that home cultivation here in July and August is a no-go. It's just too hot (90 degrees or more every day) for most strains to fruit. And my country (the Dominican Republic) is not a place to go looking for LSD either. There just isn't any here. Please don't any of you kind souls take this as some kind of a "hookup" request. It is not! I'll deal with my situation on my own. If things get desperate, I may order in some Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose seeds or Rivea Corymbosa seeds (for their LSA content) and give them a try -- quite a few clusterheads are reporting success with them these days. Hopefully the seeds will make it past Dominican Customs (though they may not -- the agricultural restrictions here are pretty stringent).

Since this post is not strictly related to anything political, legal, or activist, I will post it in The Pub, with just a short link at PA&L steering people to it.

Phred

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: I must take an unscheduled break [Re: Phred]
    #4391743 - 07/11/05 10:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

damn sorry to hear about that. i have a good friend who suffers from really horrible migraines - he's been in and out of basically every medical center in the US that specializes in this sort of thing, with little to no relief - it's been so bad to the point that he has attempted suicide after a particularly horrible spell of them... :sad: i myself get migraines from time to time, but they always go away with a good nights rest - or, in the worst case scenario, a night of vomiting. i can only imagine how horrible it must be to be afflicited with this kinds of things chronically - and wish you the best of luck in your treatment. your posts will be missed in your absence!

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4391759 - 07/11/05 10:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well, Phred, just tough it out. I'm sorry to hear the headaches have come back again. I know I'll miss you in PAL, that's for sure. Here's to hoping it doesn't take many doses to get you feeling better.

:heart:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4391762 - 07/11/05 10:22 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry to hear that, Phred. I get migraines from time to time, so I have an idea how debilitating such things can be. Your lively debates (and you yourself too, of course) will be missed in PA&L and other places as well. I've never heard of using such things as mushrooms to treat this condition and I find this most interesting, so please keep us posted of your progress when you can. Best wishes to you! :sun:

Edited by Le_Canard (07/11/05 10:28 AM)

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
    #4391768 - 07/11/05 10:26 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i've had the problem before, i just typed out all my replies in notepad, saved every sentance, then copied and pasted.. it saved my ass so many times...

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4391775 - 07/11/05 10:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Phred, I'm very sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles with the old noggin :frown:

We may not always see eye-to-eye, but I truly do wish you better days in the very near future! I know you'll hang in there :heart:

As for your bookmarks:

If you are using Internet Explorer, chose File->Import and Export...

From there you can choose to export your favorites to a file (an HTML file) which you can then email to yourself (if you have a web-based email account like hotmail/gmail). Then just hop on whatever computer you are using and you can do much the same process to import your favorites from said file :wink:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: I must take an unscheduled break [Re: Phychotron]
    #4391832 - 07/11/05 11:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the tip, Phychotron. It's what I've been doing. The problem is that the shutdown can occur at intervals as short as ten seconds to intervals as long as twenty minutes. Sometimes it takes me over five minutes just to get booted up because it will kack out partway through the boot process. Or I can get booted up but it will kack during the dialup process. Or it will kack between saves to my notepad.

I can usually work around it to some degree given enough patience (and luck) but when it takes fifteen minutes to compose and post a ten line post I sometimes just say "fuck it" and go read a book instead.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: I must take an unscheduled break [Re: trendal]
    #4391834 - 07/11/05 11:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the suggestion, trendal. I don't use IE, I use Safari. It may have a similar process. I don't have a web-based e-mail account either but I suppose I could set one up. If the machine will stay running long enough for me to figure out how to do both, I may give it a try.

Or I may just wait till all is well again. I probably spend too much of my life posting in PA&L anyways.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4391840 - 07/11/05 11:13 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah every web-browser I have used in recent years had had an option to Export/Import favorites lists, so Safari should have the option (sorry, I forgot you were using a Mac!)

I probably spend too much of my life posting in PA&L anyways.

That's probably true for most of us :grin:

Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4391876 - 07/11/05 11:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, dude I hope it all goes well we will all anxiously hope for the best.

I can?t even imagine the pain you go through, I used to think Migranes were something to bitch about until you schooled me on cluster headaches.

All the best man, I hope you return healthy soon.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: I must take an unscheduled break [Re: Krishna]
    #4391879 - 07/11/05 11:39 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Krishna, I can sympathize with your friend. Cluster Headaches are commonly known as "Suicide Headaches" because people have killed themselves rather than endure them. As I mention in the link I provided, I myself would not be here today if I had possessed a pistol a few years back.

Many migraineurs have found relief with psilocybin and with LSD, although the success rate for migraineurs appears not to be as high as for clusterheads, and the dosing regimen for migraineurs is typically more frequent. Your friend may want to go to www.clusterbusters.com and look around at some of the info there.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: I must take an unscheduled break [Re: Thor]
    #4391895 - 07/11/05 11:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thor --

I'll never be one to pooh-pooh the severity of migraines. Although the pain of cluster headaches is staggeringly severe, the attacks rarely last more than two hours and sometimes just forty-five minutes. Mine usually run about ninety minutes.

Migraines, while not producing pain of such intensity (though still no picnic) can last for days. Plus a lot of migraineurs endure severe nausea as well. I don't even want to think about how bad it would be to be puking your guts out while enduring a headache simultaneously.

I've just had the two attacks since dosing 24 hours ago, so maybe this attempt will be as successful as my last dose back in 2003. If not, I guess I'll be dosing again Friday or Saturday.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4392001 - 07/11/05 12:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
2) -- after a two year break, I am heading into another cycle of Cluster Headaches.

Sorry to hear that man.  Good luck with your headache and computer stuff.

If you don't come back for a while, I call dibs on your mod status.  We need at least one hardcore Righty mod in the Politics forum to bring the smackdown on the Lefties and I'll be glad to do it.  :lol:  Just kidding.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: I must take an unscheduled break [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4392069 - 07/11/05 12:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
We need at least one hardcore Righty mod in the Politics forum to bring the smackdown on the Lefties and I'll be glad to do it.  :lol:  Just kidding.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4392228 - 07/11/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Take care of yourself, and hope you are back to normal soon!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4392688 - 07/11/05 04:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

bwahahaha now there will be no stopping us liberals in the PAL forum!

just kidding, get well soon.  :heart:

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #4392710 - 07/11/05 04:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hope you can make it through, man.
PA&L isn't the same when you're gone.  :foshizzle:

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4394015 - 07/11/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That really sucks man.  I'm really sorry you have to go through this.

:heart:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Park Avenue Playground - The Trip

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub