Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Lovechain - "Step Out Of Your Window You Can Fly" (mp3)
    #4391655 - 07/11/05 09:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

This is a funny song and a good song. The reason it's funny is because it seems to be about a guy encouraging his friend, who is tripping, to jump out of a window. At least that's my take on it. If I'm correct, then the person who wrote the song has to go down in history as the worst trip sitter in history. What kind of advice is "Step out of your window, you can fly" for Christ's sake? Anyway, here's what Borderline Books says about Lovechain and this 1969 single................

Quote:

Lovechain

45:
1 Step Out Of Your Window You Can Fly / Sadness In My Mind (Westwood A-1008) May 1969

A rarely-seen 45 on a Canton, Ohio label. The trippily titled and sounding Step Out... features on A Lethal Dose Of Hard Psych (CD) which informs up that the band was from Dover and New Philadelphia, Ohio.

(Erik Lindgren/Max Waller)

Lovechain - Step Out Of Your Window You Can Fly
3.46mb / 2:30

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Lovechain - "Step Out Of Your Window You Can Fly" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4391661 - 07/11/05 09:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

what a good name for an album, haha.

music is great.

thanks for the track, leary.

it reminds me of that part in forrest gump, when jenny is all psyched out and headin for the ledge.

lovechain? hehe they better keep that chain and go out the window with the freefaller.

i like the wahwahwah volume differenciating in the middle of the track, haha, waffling its way to the end, its good shit.
:foshizzle:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: Lovechain - "Step Out Of Your Window You Can Fly" (mp3) [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4391664 - 07/11/05 09:19 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the song learyfan. I always like these posts you make with songs I would have never heard otherwise.  :thumbup: :sun:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Lovechain - "Step Out Of Your Window You Can Fly" (mp3) [Re: Trav]
    #4391683 - 07/11/05 09:31 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

^^^ what he said!

seriously, where do you find all these gems? i've heard a few of them before on various 'psychedelia' compilations that i have (i've got a great collection called Psychedelia at Abbey Road that i'd be happy to hook you up with, if you don't already have it!), but the majority of them i've never heard of until you post them here.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Lovechain - "Step Out Of Your Window You Can Fly" (mp3) [Re: Krishna]
    #4392793 - 07/11/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
what a good name for an album, haha.

music is great.

thanks for the track, leary.

it reminds me of that part in forrest gump, when jenny is all psyched out and headin for the ledge.

lovechain? hehe they better keep that chain and go out the window with the freefaller.

i like the wahwahwah volume differenciating in the middle of the track, haha, waffling its way to the end, its good shit.
:foshizzle:

Haha.  Cool.  Isn't a Lynard Skynard(sp) song playing in "Gump" when she's on the ledge?  She probably would have jumped had Lovechain been playing.  I know I would have.

Quote:

Trav said:
Thanks for the song learyfan. I always like these posts you make with songs I would have never heard otherwise.  :thumbup: :sun:

Right on.  Just please don't step out of your window, Trav.  Contrary to Lovechain's song, you CAN NOT fly!

Quote:

Krishna said:
^^^ what he said!

seriously, where do you find all these gems? i've heard a few of them before on various 'psychedelia' compilations that i have (i've got a great collection called Psychedelia at Abbey Road that i'd be happy to hook you up with, if you don't already have it!), but the majority of them i've never heard of until you post them here.

Yeah, like I've said before, there's a whole genre of underground 60's psych songs that never made it to the mainstream that a lot of people collect.  Would you believe me if I told you that collectors pay thousands of dollars sometimes for these obscure records?  They do.  I wouldn't have believed it myself.  Thanks for the Abby Road link.  I'll check this out when I get home.  I'm at work now and I'm BUSY.  Peace.......

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Lovechain - "Step Out Of Your Window You Can Fly" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4392838 - 07/11/05 04:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hehe that's quite ironic - pay tons of money for music that is about, to a large extent, how the world is illusion/energy :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub