Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
First Time DMT Trip Report
    #4391534 - 07/11/05 06:45 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have recently started a horticulture course which i've been loving every minute of, hanging out with plants 5 days a week  :thumbup: a classmate and i discovered our like passion for entheogenic plants, and have been doing some 'homework'. we are both fairly experienced with LSD and mushrooms.

he had aquired a dmt extract from Acacia Obtusifolia and invited me back to his place to try it out. we smoked a bit and discussed how brilliant it is that nature supplies us with such gifts, and so on. he packed up a cone in a waterless bong and it was time to go.

i pulled through with ease and held the smoke as long as i could. it felt as if my body molecules were dispersing due to an increasing vibration and i remember my friend grabing the bong as i unwillingly sunk back.

the feeling in my body had ceased and i became aware that i was no more than a thought mechanism with a field of vision, nothing else existed in this space. the emptyness pealed away and light, transclucent colours filled my vision.

i could begin to distinguish 4 beings in front of me moving amoungst themselves, and they continually grew more distinguishable from the colourful surroundings and coming forward and back as if to ask me to join them.

when i went forward they began eagerly showing me what i understood were plants. these 'plants' were flowing and growing intricately beatiful patterns, as i looked into their mesmerising designs i was almost unable to bare their beauty. the beings seemed so pleased that i liked the plants, and seemed almost as if they were rejoicing.

the effects lingered for about 3 minutes, while i contained an excited laugher i appreicated the music and patterns on the walls.

for a noob entheogardener, this was a very inviting experience, i feel as if the spiritplants were welcoming me to discover their secrets, and accepting my request for a lifetime symbiosis.

i look forward to our next lesson.  :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Edited by ajna (07/11/05 07:17 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: First Time DMT Trip Report [Re: ajna]
    #4391574 - 07/11/05 07:37 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That was a lovely read !

Thanks for sharing!

DMT is a very interesting substance and i hope one day when i'm ready to try such a thing  :smile:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: First Time DMT Trip Report [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4391862 - 07/11/05 11:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Wow!

Great report!!  Had you read anything on the DMT experience in actual published articles or books before doing it?

Is it a stupid question or out of line to ask you to describe the beings?? :kodama:  :regularshroom:

Awesome man, really awesome!!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: First Time DMT Trip Report [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4391898 - 07/11/05 11:47 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Just been reading up a little about DMT

It's in all of our bodies and is created moreso when we are in the deepest stages of sleep. (according to Mckenna's work)

A phrase i saw on erowid seems to sum it up as:

Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire.  :shineon: :blazed: :sunny:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4391925 - 07/11/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Oops! Sorry.

That question was aimed at ajna.....

I've read a bunch on it too and was wondering if ajna had also or if it was a fresh experience because it the "being" part sounds universal.

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
    #4392065 - 07/11/05 12:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

"It's in all of our bodies and is created moreso when we are in the deepest stages of sleep. (according to Mckenna's work)"

lol well that might explain the EXTREMELY fucked up dreams ive had all throughout my life. Thats how i knew i was going to get into psychedelics, cause i was always having these out of reality dreams, and now when i shroom some of those feelings come back.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: First Time DMT Trip Report [Re: gma]
    #4392115 - 07/11/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gma said:
"It's in all of our bodies and is created moreso when we are in the deepest stages of sleep. (according to Mckenna's work)"

lol well that might explain the EXTREMELY fucked up dreams ive had all throughout my life. Thats how i knew i was going to get into psychedelics, cause i was always having these out of reality dreams, and now when i shroom some of those feelings come back.

Same here bro!  :cool: :thumbup:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

#4394861 - 07/12/05 04:08 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

schapper said:
Wow!

Great report!!  Had you read anything on the DMT experience in actual published articles or books before doing it?

Is it a stupid question or out of line to ask you to describe the beings?? :kodama:  :regularshroom:

Awesome man, really awesome!!

hey thanks man, yes i've done quite a bit of reading on dmt, familiar with McKenna's work and so on.

these beings or entities were like bright white lights, the clarity amoungst the chaos. very different to entity interation i've had on mushrooms, but i feel like i gotta give it another try to get the grasp of it haha

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4395655 - 07/12/05 01:52 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

COOL!

Thanks for the description! Do you wish that the experience would last longer or is it just right?

Have you ever read "Breaking Open The Head" by Daniel Pinchbeck? He has a few DMT experiences(among many other things) that he writes about. He also does a synthetic version, I can't recall what it's called right now...maybe PMT? Anyway, he goes into those quite a bit.

And be sure to fill us in next time!!

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

#4396494 - 07/12/05 06:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i think the experience lasts about as long as it should. smoking dmt seems to be like a huge amount of information at an incredible speed and i think it could definately be overwhelming if it lingered for hours. i'm interested in injesting a brew, the prolonged experience may be 'slower' and might be easier to understand.

one hit is definately enough, but i feel like i've only had the tiniest taste haha

cool i'll keep an eye out for that book, i haven't heard of it before. cheers!

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4396517 - 07/12/05 06:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ajna said:
i think the experience lasts about as long as it should. smoking dmt seems to be like a huge amount of information at an incredible speed and i think it could definately be overwhelming if it lingered for hours. i'm interested in injesting a brew, the prolonged experience may be 'slower' and might be easier to understand.

I thought you might say that about smoking it. It sounds really intense..from ANYONE who Ive ever read about doing it.

I'm gonna be doing Ayahuasca for the first time in a week and a half and I'm pretty damn excited about it!

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

#4398798 - 07/13/05 05:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

awesome man hope it goes well!

--------------------

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4399568 - 07/13/05 02:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Daniel did DMT (I think it was synthesized, not organic) and he also did DPT, if that's what you were thinkin of, which can only be synthesized- it was one of the many created by sasha shulgin. I've heard daniel and Alex Grey talk about their experiences with DMT and its pretty insane. They talk about entities, a barage of information, total disengagement from the body. Daniel's DPT experiences scare the hell out of me- its kind of like they are the dark side

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: First Time DMT Trip Report [Re: nycomyco]
    #4400080 - 07/13/05 04:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

EXACTLY my thoughts on his DPT experiences!!(you're right, that's what I was talking about)

He says that while the DMT experiences were of a positive nature(the brighter side), the DPT experiences were all in the darker realms of the cosmic conscientiousness without exception.

Unfortunately for me, I think, this is the book that I read before my first big(for me) dose of three grams. I was pretty over-whelmed by all the various descriptions from the different drugs that he did to the point that they all ran into one experience for me and any differentiation between them was lost. Of course DPT was the last experience that he talked in depth about in the book and it didn't sound like much fun.

I just finished reading D. M. Turners site on the essential links page in "The Trippers FAQ" (DAMN, why does it always take me so long to get around to reading these VERY important writings?) It really is essential, especially the part entitled "Psychedelic Reality". He really describes it well. As he does with all his experiences on various psychedelics. Anyone reading this thread who thinks that they have read a lot about psychedelics and hasn't read Turner's writings should do so immediately!!!

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4400200 - 07/13/05 05:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ WIKI:

First, before reading or editing the FAQ, please read a few:
ESSENTIAL LINKS

:smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports