Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

were is the damn water comeing from!!!???
    #4390267 - 07/10/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i just finished up PC 6 lb of corn.. and when i pull the jars out of the PC they look perfect, some i was worried that they might be to dry.. but i come back in about 15 min and move them after there cold down and theres a lil puddle of water on the bottom of my jars.. its done it both with tyvec and poly-fill (testing tyvec to see what one i like better, got 9 jars each). i know i probly shouldnt of done this but ive been draining the puddle off the jar.. i figured if i leave it there the jars gonna be junk anyway so why not.. ive been thinking its just condensation inside the jars.. incase this makes a diff.. i soaked for almost 2 days (had some stuff that came up so couldnt get it done after the 24 hrs) boiled for 1 hr, rinsed and drained for 1 hr, and PC for 45 min.

another quick question.. i made up some karo/water.. do i have to let spores rehyrdate for atleast 12 hrs before i use them or can i just inject my karo jars with them??

ty all, l8r

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: were is the damn water comeing from!!!??? [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4391508 - 07/11/05 04:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They will hydrate in the Karo solution.. Also, your jars are probably no good if you have been opening them

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: were is the damn water comeing from!!!??? [Re: Kalix]
    #4391662 - 07/11/05 07:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i know that if the pressure is released too fast it forces water out of whatever is in the jar. its happened to me, all i did differently from then on out was wait for the pressure to dissipate itself instead of being impatient and letting it out myself lol. and if youre not doing that then i wouldnt know what else to suggest except putting tin foil over the caps.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: were is the damn water comeing from!!!??? [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4391818 - 07/11/05 08:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Usually after cooling, the grains to the bottom do get wetter, it happens while warm and cooling. If you give them a good shake..then let the jars sit for 12 hours..then give them another good shake..they should look better, more even, especially after another 12-24 hours...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: were is the damn water comeing from!!!??? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4395424 - 07/12/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i was forcing the presure out and then i let it get out by itself.. and they still had water on the bottoms.. and i did cover all my jars with tinfoil.  just nocked them up lastnight.. they looked realy good.. ty all for the help :smile:

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract