Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDiocletian
Stranger
Where's the shrooms?
    #4391452 - 07/11/05 05:13 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've had this damn kit for 2 weeks now and all thats happened is that the strnds have gone a bit furry.They're meant to be Mexican Cubensis mushrooms. I hard can it be to grow a bit of mould! :frown:

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mold4nc.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9194/dsc025949gp.jpg

Sorry,I dont know how to post pics on here.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Where's the shrooms? [Re: Diocletian]
    #4391456 - 07/11/05 05:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dont know much about the pre made kits but it looks like it has shrunk due to loss of moisture, have u been misitn it at all?

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4391458 - 07/11/05 05:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Its colonising the substrate right now. Give it time. While your wating you may want to start doing some research so you can grow your own shrooms for WAY less money.

Also since its colonising it should be in complete darkness at 80-85 degrees. When it is completely colonised then you can introduce fruiting triggers. There are three fruiting triggers.

1. Light
2. Temp. drop. You should drop it inbetween 70-75 degrees.
3. Fresh air exchange.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineDiocletian
Stranger
Re: Where's the shrooms? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4391460 - 07/11/05 05:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I thought I had to leave it in indirect light...
I intend to grow from scratch if I can get this to work,hopefully I can use the spores from it.
O.k,so when do I know when it's finished colonising?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4391463 - 07/11/05 05:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, first off. Is this a kit where you had to add the spores to the substrate your self.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineDiocletian
Stranger
Re: Where's the shrooms? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4391483 - 07/11/05 05:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No,it's already been injected.The cake was already coated in the cobweb type stuff when I got it.Infortunatly their were no instructions.

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
    #4391489 - 07/11/05 06:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yea that's the problem. This sounds like a poorly designed system. Anything colonized would in theory start to develop and be susceptible to contaminates and without you being their to protect it for a time period (when they have it and shipping, which you see now is an important factor) would develop mold REAL easy. This is something that shouldn't have been sold in the first place for the simple fact that well...it's just going to get infected! This really was not your fault!

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
Re: Where's the shrooms? [Re: BetaDelta]
    #4391495 - 07/11/05 06:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hold on, I?m not sure you meant the same cob web that cob web means here. If you did then that applies. If you didn?t then what did you mean?

OfflineDiocletian
Stranger
    #4391504 - 07/11/05 06:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Is it Myceum or something? The silvery strands that cover the top of the cake.Most of that has gone now and it's turned into a wooly kind of stuff-the stuff thats in the picture.
Sorry,I'm a complete noob at this.

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
    #4391517 - 07/11/05 06:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You know I stared at that picture and its a tough call only because I've never seen this setup before. This is like a cross like a cross between a casing and a grow jar wrapped in tinfoil haha. Yea...It could be Mycelium. I can't tell for sure. Usually though Mycelium that grows out like that is called Mycelium that's very rhizomorphic. and it grows out in very distinctive strands and their very distinctive and they don't look like that. To me, that resembles cobweb mold more then mycelium but ya know,I could be wrong. Don't give up yet, and keep learning!

OfflineDiocletian
Stranger
    #4391521 - 07/11/05 06:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Cheers guys. I think I'll put it in a dark cupbourd and forget about it and in the meantime get myself set up to grow from scratch.Can you still buy spores in Britain from foreign web sites? I was looking at Spores 101.

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
    #4391526 - 07/11/05 06:37 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think so, and I like spores 101 alot. here in the USA 101 has REAL fast shipping and i know they have a shipping outlet in Canada and the USA so yea. and btw i have a question for you since you live in England apparently! :grin: since they just passed a law making Psilocybin illegal, but theirs no date as to when the law will go into effect as of yet...are mushrooms still legal until that undefined date?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4391563 - 07/11/05 07:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Let it sit for 1 week at 85. Then induce fruiting conditions. Unfortunately we cant give you too much advice because the kit kinda sucks to tell you the truth. If they inoculated before they shipped you really have no frame of reference for colonization times. Like was this origionally WBS spawned to the straw. Tough call dude.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation