Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
AW MAN! Should I???
    #4390630 - 07/10/05 09:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well after having a great 1 gram trip last Thursday after my bad three gram one, my Brother just called me a wanted to know if I wanted to go see Ted Nugent with my Sister-in-law and my 16 year old Nephew this week as he had a ticket for himself but can't go. I said sure! And then thought "man, it'd be cool to see THAT on a gram!"

My Sister-in-law would be cool with it, but I don't know how my Nephew would react to me being kinda spacey. HE definitely wouldn't know what I was doing!! I guess I could do a little less and appear to be normal though.

Part of me gets excited thinking about it, but part of me feels kinda guilty for feeling that way. I started out doing this for enlightenment and took it too seriously and scared the shit out of myself. Then backed off to NOT take it too seriously and had a great time and now this. Is it Ok for me to do this kinda stuff on low doses, or am I headed down the wrong road here. Doing it in a less serious manner was cool because of the childlike awe it inspired and I figure a show like this would be pretty awe-inspiring!

I also feel pretty confident that I could do this in a crowd and enjoy it, but then again, I've never done it before.

What do ya'll think?

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecrystallize
Bud Lightspokesman

Loc: buckeye state
Re: AW MAN! Should I??? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4390699 - 07/10/05 09:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Dude I think you should go for it. Nuge Puts on a great show. I've seen him 3 times. Dam Yankyes, once with Kiss, and once with Skynnard and Deep Purple.

I didn't see 1 fight. Everyone was pretty mellow, getting high and just having a good time.

--------------------

Thank you for drinking Bud Light.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: AW MAN! Should I??? [Re: crystallize]
    #4390726 - 07/10/05 10:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If the kid's mom is OK with it, I guess it would be fine. Your nephew isn't THAT young. Keep the dose low though... get your land legs in public and dose BEFORE the show... but not so early you're tripping balls during the security check... or just buy a few beers instead... and don't let the cat scratch fever drive you crazy.

Double check your mindset before you dose.

Have fun man!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4390750 - 07/10/05 10:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I saw Nuge live a few years back when he was solo opening for a better band...he was a bigot and majorly anti-drug. I may be able to stand it if I covered my ears when he got on his soapbox between songs. I say eat the gram some other time and drink a few beers before/during the show.

--------------------

OfflineImpulse101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: 2 paces west of the "big ...
Re: AW MAN! Should I??? [Re: Organic]
    #4390876 - 07/10/05 11:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hey man, i think u should go for it i too saw kiss and ted nugent together and he put on a great show! just keep it low, and the 16yr old... thats not too young i first shroomed at 15.. and smoked pot at 14... so who knows he might know and think its awesome!

Just my 2 cents

PEace

--------------------
"Take me koalas back jack... take my koalas back, he lives somwhere out on the track mack... so take me koalas back"

"Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroon down!"

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: AW MAN! Should I??? [Re: Organic]
    #4390879 - 07/10/05 11:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

HMM. Good advice. I hadn't really thought about the logistics of dosing. I'd probably do it in the car as we parked. that would give me time to get through the door before anything took effect AND let me know what my mind set is.
(What do you MEAN, "empty out your pockets!" I'm outta here!)

Now that I've heard ya'll and thought more about it, I'll probably do less than a gram because it's a "trial-run" type of thing. It'll still give me a different perspective on things and not give me a lot to worry about. Plus, I don't know how the whole political thing would effect me on a gram(I've heard about his tirades). Any kind of stuff like that, on either side of the aisle, just seems to me would either be at the worst anxiety inducing and at the best boring while you were tripping good. But Hell, I might not even notice it at all...Wow, check out the cool lights!

Thanks for giving me something to think about.

Schapper

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlinecrystallize
Bud Lightspokesman

Loc: buckeye state
    #4390931 - 07/10/05 11:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about the political thing. Just remember that their are alot of people in this world and not all of them are going to share the exact same views.

And as far as Nuge being a bigot, I think he just hates terrorism. Which is a view shared by folks on both sides of the aisle.

Good luck and have fun!

--------------------

Thank you for drinking Bud Light.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4391450 - 07/11/05 05:11 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have mixed feelings about this.

It is great that you feel like you can now trip in public but, many new psychonauts can be a little overenthusiastic. Tripping to get fucked up is not wise. Tripping to enhance an experience on the other hand... that is fun... most of the time.

You have one good trip under your belt. It was in a great set and setting.

This time, you would have a concert (indoors or outdoors?) and a nephew. I worry you may already be building the mindset for a guilt trip because of morality and trippin' w/ a kid. Stop that... or don't trip w/ a kid.

Only you can know if this change in setting will be positive or negative, and only you will know if you can keep it positive if the trip goes south.

That said, I'd be tempted too!

What would Nuge do?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: AW MAN! Should I??? [Re: Rose]
    #4391497 - 07/11/05 06:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

He'd Wango Zee Tango, of course!!

Really good points there. It's helping me to unfold it in my mind.

You've helped me with the "Do you think I'm heading down the wrong road part", you know where I'm coming from with that. And I WAS wondering if I was being a little over ambitious, cause I definitely don't want to feel that I'm being too cocky about this.

The concert is indoors and it's a relatively small place, so it will be pretty packed.

As far as the kid...the only thing that I really feel about that is wondering if I'll feel paranoid about being around someone who doesn't know what I'm doing. He's a really cool, laid back kid and he's got 6 inches and 50 pounds on me, so I really just think of him as a "young man". That's why I thought that less than a gram might be the way to go. It would still enhance it, it's small enough to use for a test drive and I could just tell him that I took a sinus pill or something to explain my spaciness. Is half a gram even worth doing? If for nothing else than just to build my confidence?

But you're right, only I will know if it will be a positive setting at the time and I guess if I get worried about being able to handle it if it goes south, that'll be the wrong set and I'll abort the mission.

Thanks again for giving me more to think about.

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: AW MAN! Should I??? [Re: Rose]
    #4391509 - 07/11/05 06:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

And Cervantes,

I've never thought about a "guilt trip" in any way than as a cliche.

That was a cool revelation because it shed some light on a part of my bad trip.

You're a pretty fart smeller, I mean SMART FELLER!!

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience