Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekiz
Stranger
suggested course of action v. wbs spawn for high yield
    #4390138 - 07/10/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

when i first started growing, i heard for high yield and potency it's all about straw. then i hear about manure, and straw and manure. then i hear about cased straw vs. straw logs and all this other stuff.

tenatively im going to do 60/40 straw/cow poo and make a straw log using sock filter fabric from home depot. i need to get the biggest yield i can from 8 pints of WBS. what is the best course of action that i most likely wont botch up too much?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: suggested course of action v. wbs spawn for high yield [Re: kiz]
    #4390142 - 07/10/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Straw is much more likely to contam on you. Also, potency from straw is very likely to crap out as well. Can't comment on the cow poo as I've never used it, but I know the texture is a bit thick for "optimum" substrate. Check out horse poo, and use it straight. Straw really isn't necessary at all, even as a supplement to poo.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinekiz
Stranger
Re: suggested course of action v. wbs spawn for high yield [Re: Holydiver]
    #4390246 - 07/10/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i don't really know where to get horse poo around me. i live in the suburbs. we have a few garden centers and places like home depot and some pet stores and stuff like that. i found the cow poo at a small garden center. i thought straw had very good potency. why do people use it at all...it seems like there are no benefits. so u recommend i case my 8 pints with horse poo (optimally). is there a better casing mix than the coir/verm because i don't really know where to get a hold of coir either.

i'd rather not order things off the internet if i don't have to.

EDIT: after reading up a bit more it seems like horse poo is really top notch, however i already bought straw and cow poo and i'd hate to waste it. so my real question is. using straw and/or cow poo, how can i get the best yield/potency with 8 pints of WBS.

also, while im on the topic of my next grow, is WBS the best to use or should i look into rye or millet or a mix? what are some of the major advatanges and disadvantages of the various grains used for spawning.

Edited by kiz (07/10/05 05:29 PM)

Offlinekiz
Stranger
    #4390452 - 07/10/05 06:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

bump for a quick answer

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4390489 - 07/10/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Check the yellow pages for Stables, call one and ask them if you can pick up some horse crap for your garden, they'll be ecstatic someone wants to take some poo off their hands..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinekiz
Stranger
Re: suggested course of action v. wbs spawn for high yield [Re: Kalix]
    #4390553 - 07/10/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

what do i have to do to poo that i get from a stable so that i can use it besides pasteurization?

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4390586 - 07/10/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Leaching, if it has urine in it.. Just try to pick out poo that has already composted itself, @ the stable I frequent they just pile their poo into a huge mound, so I go through, an pick out the featherweight, dry nuggets, they smell like earth, and not shit, and they have mycelium running through them already, the mycelium in them is called firefang, and it's symbiotic to psilocybes.. I try to determine which side of the pile has been exposed to the rain and sun the most already, because the rain leaches out the urine for you, and the sun speeds up the anaerobic composting process..

To sum it up, pick up the sun-dried, composted, dirt smelling nuggets, and you will be happy :wink:

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4390588 - 07/10/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Store bought cow manure is almost sure to fail. Try horse riding academies, stables, even pony ride places for h/poo. You will not regret it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom