Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineImpulse101
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: 2 paces west of the "big ...
Tinted Mycelium?
    #4390272 - 07/10/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

my mycelium seems to be tinted? is it contamination or just mycelium growth... i know somthings wrong i just cant find out what... so ill ask the experts

Heres the info...

inoculated jars on the 25 saw growth in 3 days, after 6 days the mycelium started to look dirty, like a very faint yellowish brown, the growth looked like it stoped... on about the 6th day, i would say its about 30% colonized ant its now day 15 i wish i could get pictures but i cant... if somhow i can i will....

im using the pf tek, and the temp is around 80, at first it was just at room temp which was unsteady so i built a incubator, now when i took off the foil ( i asked earlier most people said to take off foil and i did on 2 jars, and left some foil on the others but theres 4 holes in them...) the ones with the foil off, it looks like the myc is starting to grow over the dry verm, and the myc on top is pure white... but the stuff touching the glass is tinted yellowish brown. the glasses im using i know ill get ragged on for but heres the glasses...
they might not be the best glasses but all i could use at the time...

things i am asking...
what is the color tinting? im sure its myc because it turns pure white in some places just not touchign the glass...
could somone show me where i can find pics of yellowish brownish contams so i can see if they resemble it...
maby the glass is causeing it to look colored because of the stupid shit on the glasses? i dont know... im not using the glasses again...
if you need any more info just post im sorry its long but first time tryin this and i dont want to start over again...

Edit: the ones i have dont have nearly that much design on them... bad pic.. should have looked for one thats the exact same one as mine... but its the disney glass... just less decoration

--------------------
"Take me koalas back jack... take my koalas back, he lives somwhere out on the track mack... so take me koalas back"

"Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroon down!"

Edited by Impulse101 (07/10/05 07:14 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBeentothere
Waiting for abus
Re: Tinted Mycelium? [Re: Impulse101]
    #4390511 - 07/10/05 08:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like myc piss. It's just mycelium waste product, nothing to worry about.

--------------------
When I try to get through,
On the telephone to you,
There'll be nobody home...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum