Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
The People's Champ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Death In Vegas
    #4390052 - 07/10/05 05:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I really like to relate bands whom I discover who really blow my mind or who's music I really enjoy or relate too. I've already mentioned Comets on Fire and my other post asking about jam bands, I've found so many decent songs and artists whom I enjoy and who's music has found it's way into regular rotation on my computer and in my car so I like to give back and talk about bands who I discover and offer them to the community and you give, I give, you take, I take type thing. So hopefully it's cool if I make another post about another cool band whom I just discovered.

The band I want to talk about now is called Death In Vegas, they're like this crazy kind of hard to define electronica project started by two guys in England. The music is such a cross diverse catalog of different moods ranging from psychotic homicidal electronica rock to beautiful angelic kind of techno although I think "Techno" is a bad word for this band.

I first discovered the band back when the ultimate, the great, the best channel on television was still on, MTVX. And before the MTV corporation decided to take for granted all the fans of decent music this channel played nothing but indies, unknowns, and rock bands and was on my television 24 hours a day. Then it switched over to MTVHot and I've boycotted MTV ever since.

However, when MTVX was on Death In Vegas's video "Aisha" was in regular rotation. And I fell in love with the song and the video as both were so psychotic, dark and creepy yet the song rocked and the video was crazy. I loved it but I dismissed the band as a one hit pony and downloaded the Aisha MP3 and I've had it in my collection ever since.

Recently, I was downloading every thing I could find with the title "Cocaine" out of boredom and trying to find a song a friend was talking about. I downloaded 175 songs but deleted 174 of them within a hour of listening to them all. The only song I kept was a song called "Cocaine and Gin" by you guessed it Death In Vegas. It's this trip-hop trance song that's just intense and mind blowing. And keep in mind I heard it while I was sober. I could only imagine what it would be like for someone to listen to it while on a few grams of something righteous.

Downloading everything I could find in the artist's catalog I came across several different songs that could be categorized in all kinds of different genres. Some I liked, Some I loved, Some I hated.

With that said, I strongly recommend you all check this act out, they're pretty wild and cover the whole spectrum. Some of their stuff is the most dark crazy stuff I've ever heard and some of their stuff is some of the beautiful uplifting stuff I've ever heard.

Songs I recommend

Aisha - A dark crazy psychotic song... I highly recommend it. Check out the video too if you can. I think I read somewhere that Iggy Pop did the vocals for it. I don't want to give too much away about the song though just because it's kind of a story and like it twists alot.

Help Yourself - This is a beautiful tranquil ten minute song that's just all over the place. I can't help but feel good when listening to it. It starts off like something Lou Reed would do but progresses into a bright vibrant almost symphonic thing.

Cocaine and Gin - This song is what trance should be. You'll get lost in the constant moving vibes this song puts off and the hidden dark nature of the song.

Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (07/10/05 05:32 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Death In Vegas [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4391769 - 07/11/05 10:26 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I highly recommend Death in Vegas's first album, "Dead Elvis" - it's great, it has a jazz and reggae type feel at the beginning that moves towards rock (their single "Dirt" was on MTV years and years ago) and then tripped out craziness...

I also have their other albums, The Contino Sessions and Scorpio Rising, both of which are great though not so much as Dead Elvis.

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Death In Vegas [Re: mikeytwice]
    #4428954 - 07/20/05 05:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

thankyou very much for the suggestion... I'll post back in a few on my thoughts.

"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Re: Death In Vegas [Re: Cowgold]
    #4434800 - 07/21/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Downloaded some Death in Vegas, very good recomendation my friend! It rocks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media