Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Matsutake Cultivation...
    #4388672 - 07/10/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was watching a cooking program earlier where they were talking about these mushrooms and the outrageous prices that people pay for them. 500$ per mushrooms?!?

What is the story with these and cultivation? Is cultivation outside of nature impossible, as the program seems to be implying? I would think if anyone could do it, it would be someone here....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Matsutake Cultivation... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4388678 - 07/10/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Some mushrooms are either impossible to grow outside or Damn near impossiable....

Animita's for instance...I've YET to see/find a grow-log, lol.

-Gnostic

OfflineSkootz
Stranger

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Matsutake Cultivation... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4388731 - 07/10/05 12:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Are you talking about Iron Chef America cause I was watching that sow and they were using white truffles and they said that they were a lot of money but I can't remember how much. Is that the show you were talking about?

--------------------
CHILL

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matsutake Cultivation... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4388742 - 07/10/05 12:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was researching morels and lead to believe from several sites that mycelium can be produced but they have never been fruited, indoor or outdoor. They only seem to fruit in nature.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Matsutake Cultivation... [Re: HippieChick]
    #4388760 - 07/10/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah but the good thing about morels is that they are all over the damn place.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Matsutake Cultivation... [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4388805 - 07/10/05 01:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Morels and some mushrooms like Matsutake are michorhizal, their "substrate," per se, consists of a trees root systems. Thats why they'reso expensive, they take a long time to develope a living, working relationship with a tree. Succesful cultivation techniques normally involve simply transplanting a tree that has micorhizal growth in its roots to other trees and letting it spread over time. Even then thats apparently mixed success. Others apparently tried to inoculate tree roots with spores or spawn that didn't take hold.

A lot of this information is in Paul Stamet's Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order